Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

2010 XKR B&W Stereo problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 XKR B&W Stereo problem

I recently had issue when playing tunes from iPhone via iPhone jack...all of a sudden it sounded like I was only getting one channel(ie not stereo). I took it to dealer and they solved that issue however, I now recognized that sound is not as rich as it was before problem and power is certainly not full....ie I can crank volume all the way and it's loud but not the killer loud it was when it worked right(ie I would never even consider full volume before). Not sure if it is amp or subwoofer or what. When I hit fade to rear speakers only volume seems very week....and over all seems to be lacking bass. Dealer thought it was fine but it's not....any suggestions? Speakers have not had any distortion or rattles either before or after problem began.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by us010144
I recently had issue when playing tunes from iPhone via iPhone jack...all of a sudden it sounded like I was only getting one channel(ie not stereo). I took it to dealer and they solved that issue however, I now recognized that sound is not as rich as it was before problem and power is certainly not full....ie I can crank volume all the way and it's loud but not the killer loud it was when it worked right(ie I would never even consider full volume before). Not sure if it is amp or subwoofer or what. When I hit fade to rear speakers only volume seems very week....and over all seems to be lacking bass. Dealer thought it was fine but it's not....any suggestions? Speakers have not had any distortion or rattles either before or after problem began.
Typically amongst these new systems, regardless of brand, the quality of sound to expect from any device using Mp3 format or other compressed file format, I wouldn't expect as good of a sound quality when compared to an actually CD using uncompressed file formats. So, I don't think your car stereo is the problem. Try using a regular CD that you have and compare it. There is a misconception with the average consumer that Mp3 or AAC files work just as well as original uncompressed formats used in CDs. They just don't. Plus, are you using the headphone jack from the iPod/iPhone or the docking station jack?

Old 04-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm having the same problem. sounds like in a cave. Did you find a solution to this ??

Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by rtmyers1
I'm having the same problem. sounds like in a cave. Did you find a solution to this ??
If you could describe the scenario with more detain, maybe I can help.

First, what is the source? CD, MP3, AAC, etc.
Where is the file? on a CD, iPod.
How is it being connected to the system? CD being inserted into the player, iPod going through an iPod adapter kit, or is it going from the headphone jack into the an input in the head unit of the stereo.
what is your EQ setting.
Which systems you have?
What setting is the system set at and what options do you have?
What do you mean by sounding like a cave? Lots of reverb?
Do all of your recordings that you are trying to play sound like a cave, or is it just some of them?

Old 04-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Using iPhone 4. All songs sound like cave regardless of audio settings. CD's and Satellite sound perfect. The sound is something like you hear the background, but the primary vocals or main music is very muted and distant. Thanks, Rick