Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Any way to IMPROVE Bluetooth sound Qualty

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 12:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Angry Any way to IMPROVE Bluetooth sound Qualty

The sound quality heard by those who I speak with from our Bluetooth system is just terrible. People tell me the sound is very weak and as if I am in a long tunnel with muffled tones.

Is there anythink I should check on the radio or micophone. Is there a better quality microphone one can install?

As it is now, I seldom use the Bluetooth to speak with people. What a shame!

Thanks for any direction.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

I do think the microphone can be swapped with an aftermarket one. But before you spend the labor to change it, i'd be darn sure that was the problem.

Have you (1) tried the mic/BT connection at rest (no engine on), (2) sitting still, engine on, (3) driving around or (4) with another phone connected? Try all variables that could have an effect on the system. If all are poor, sure...I'd try a different mic.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by h20boy
I do think the microphone can be swapped with an aftermarket one. But before you spend the labor to change it, i'd be darn sure that was the problem.

Have you (1) tried the mic/BT connection at rest (no engine on), (2) sitting still, engine on, (3) driving around or (4) with another phone connected? Try all variables that could have an effect on the system. If all are poor, sure...I'd try a different mic.
Actually, I will try it with the engine not running and I will try my wife's phone (different than my blackberry); It's worth the try!

I have no idea what is involved in finding, pricing or installing a new microphone; can't imagaine it would be tricky however.
Thanks for your input.