Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Bluetooth audio adapter for XJ8, S-Type or X-Type (D2B optical)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Blairware
does each song look like you skipped to the next disk in the changer?
For Veffremov:

I see in the photos of the device a 16 Gb Micro SD card - My question is regarding it's purpose - will it be able to store music files, or is it instead a storage device for the modules firmware / OS? Or could it potentially do both with a separate partition for data?
Each song change looks like a track change on a cd in the cd-changer. The CDC has a limit of max 99 tracks per CD, so if you rewind from track 1 it displays track 99 etc. Right now the track number on the CDC ui are not synced with the track numbers on the phone. That is not always possible since pandora for example has no concept of "track number". Anyway I have a plan to sync the track number on the screen to that on the phone (if it's available) - that will come in a firmware update. I'm also working on a little wireless display that you can on stall in the ashtray - it can display proper song names and other stuff - but that has some way to go.

Yes there is a micro sd-card in the device it contains OS an software that runs on the device - I can technically make it have a "data" partition for music files, but that seems to introduce too much friction on the use of the device. First you have to take the cad out - load some files on it, insert it back - not exactly user-friendly. Then you have the issue of selecting the file you want to play - with the limited UI from the CDC - I think it would be very vexing to navigate a large collection of files. You are the second person who asks for this feature and I could implement it - I'm just not sure how useful it would be.

Old 06-12-2015, 11:30 AM
Received 95 Likes on 85 Posts

It took me all of 30 minutes to get this installed. Set it right on top of the Phone module in my stack. Only tricky part was the power plug seemed to be tight coming out of my CDC, but no other issues during install.

Tested the unit before putting it all back together - worked great! Came up and said "I'm ready to pair" in a very alluring female voice. ;-)

Found the unit when I scanned for it on my phone, attached as media player. Ran Pandora, ran Amazon Music, ran Google Music - all ran fine - no issues.

Many thanks V for putting this together!

Old 06-22-2015, 09:42 PM
Received 224 Likes on 125 Posts

Aha, is this now available to the masses?

Old 06-22-2015, 10:08 PM
Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts
Default Bluetooth audio adapter for XJ8, S-Type or X-Type (D2B optical)

Originally Posted by trosty
Aha, is this now available to the masses?
Go to post #44, & that should get you what you need (& what Veffremov needs)

Old 07-19-2015, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marque
Go to post #44, & that should get you what you need (& what Veffremov needs)
Hi. Can I just say how excited I am to have found this post.

I've had an s-type for a few years and just upgraded to a 2004 XJ8. Just love the car but have been struggling to find viable options for connecting the phone (so that I can play music etc).

Looking like you've achieved quite a lot with this technology in a relatively short amount of time, so kudos to you

I have added my details to your Google Form. Are you able to tell me how long I should expect to wait before mine will be shipped?

Finally, and just in case you're interested... but my brother works for F1 (McLaren) here in the UK and is a genius at this sort of stuff. I also run a couple of tech companies.... basically, if you'd like any help in anyway (either marketing the product, launching it, or just tinkering / testing / assisting with code... just shout I think you've done an amazing job creating a product that so many people are going to be in need of.

OK that's me out

Thanks again,

Ben

Old 07-20-2015, 04:44 PM

The wait period is 2-3 weeks now.

Old 07-20-2015, 04:47 PM

OK thanks. Eagerly awaiting

Old 07-20-2015, 07:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed mine and the sound quality was everything I was hoping it would be. It's an amazing little device! Previously I was using a Parrot Mki9100 hooked up with a harness from the UK into the wiring in the boot, but the sound quality was really lacking as the Parrot uses it's own amplifier.

I love it when enthusiasts on the forum come up with solutions to issues the rest of us are looking for. Thank you veffremov for such a great device and also setting up in advance a good support system!

I have a question though: Without the Parrot I no longer have a 'hands free' phone. Totally worth it to get the quality audio! But, do I have options for hands free phone through another device? What have you other guys come up with?

Old 07-20-2015, 08:51 PM

Why did you take the Parrot? U can still use that. I still have my ISFM2351 hooked up, so my Smart TV box still connects to that, & of course, when i want the premium sound, I just disconnect the phone from Bluetooth, & let the TV BOX connect; point is, you can select for the Parrot to just do Phone media...

The following users liked this post:
Wings (07-21-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 02:45 AM

Why did you take the Parrot? U can still use that. I still have my ISFM2351 hooked up, so my Smart TV box still connects to that, & of course, when i want the premium sound, I just disconnect the phone from Bluetooth, & let the TV BOX connect; point is, you can select for the Parrot to just do Phone media...

Thanks for the response. It was actually your video and review of veffremov's device that convinced me it was the way to go.

I disconnected the Parrot because it accessed the speakers via a harness that took the trunk mounted CD players pathway ( but through the Parrot amp). Anyway, I needed that pathway for veffremov's bt that thankfully uses the whole audio system.

I could reconnect the Parrot via a traditional fm modulator, but I guess my question would be, is there a way to have both blue tooth solutions active at the same time but for different functions of my iPhone? Or when I needed to make calls would I disconnect from one and connect to the other? Sorry for a question that probably seems so obvious to some.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:52 AM

^^^^^^^I did answer the question, but, don't mind answering it again; the "VenBox" connects to audio media only, as to where the Parrot connects to "audio media, & phone media" separately; so you just uncheck the "audio media" box & that's it...

The following users liked this post:
veffremov (07-21-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 12:03 PM

^^^^^^^I did answer the question, but, don't mind answering it again; the "VenBox" connects to audio media only, as to where the Parrot connects to "audio media, & phone media" separately; so you just uncheck the "audio media" box & that's it...
Got it... Thanks!

Old 08-05-2015, 01:56 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Bluetooth Solution a.k.a. "VenBox"

Hi Gang,

Brand new to the forum and new to me owner of a 2005 Vanden Plas. Just picked her up last week with 112km or approx 71k miles. Always wanted one, (especially the 1992 V12). True to the stereotypical view about the reliability, 2 days after bringing her home the CD Changer stops working (no disc Message).

Veffremov thanks ever so much for your efforts, and the rest of the participants for yours. I am going to request a unit as well, but have a question. I use a q10 Blackberry, will your device allow me to pair it to play music?

Many, many thanks again!

Old 08-05-2015, 05:50 PM

@FabCat

I wish I can answer with certainty, but I have not tested any BlackBerry devices. In theory it should work.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:44 PM

FabCat, does it work with anything else that you have Bluetooth? Ear piece, sounds bar, Jambox etc.?..

If so, Bluetooth is Bluetooth. (Which honestly, without even answering the question, the same applies)

Old 08-06-2015, 08:26 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the reply. To be honest, I have never tried to use any peripheries with the phone other than ear buds and a cassette adapter.

as a plan B, how difficult would it be to swap out the single cd player for a cassette? Can seem to find one on ebay, must not have been a popular option on the 2004+ models.

Cheers!

Old 08-09-2015, 07:45 PM

I received my adapter the other day (real quick shipping), and installed it. Very happy with my purchase. Works flawlessly and as expected.

Sure cleans up my car since I had a MTX bluetooth adapter hooked up to an aftermarket amp, and the factory stereo disabled. Its nice to have the steering wheel controls work to change songs etc.

Totally worth the $$

Old 08-16-2015, 05:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tester

I am willing to take you up on your offer. Always looking to learn, very computer knowledgable have 2 different computer businesses one is Heath.IT customizing electronic medical records, the other is networking and computer repair. You can contact via email if you wish I'm not on here a lot. dstevens@sciwv.com I'm located in Beckley WV

Old 08-23-2015, 06:02 PM

@David Stevens,

Testing is over for quite some time. If you are interested read post #44 and fill the registration form.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...3/#post1231364

Old 08-31-2015, 06:03 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Video display on touchscreen

Marque: Thanks for the video - looks great!

What are you using for the video display on the touchscreen?

Last edited by Rob2004XJ8VandenPlas; 08-31-2015 at 06:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth audio adapter for XJ8, S-Type or X-Type (D2B optical)