Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Bluetooth audio adapter for XJ8, S-Type or X-Type (D2B optical)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 10:18 AM
Received 224 Likes on 125 Posts

Update on the BT Dongle for me.

It has worked flawlessly since install and was well worth the cost. I recommend it to everyone.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BT Adapter

Thank you for your reply. I did fill out the online form. The email listed on the form is rkudio1@gmail.com.

Before I would purchase I want to take you up on your offer to ask some questions, tell you what equipment I have and my expectations for the adapter.

2006 Vanden Plas with Nav, Jag voice, single Cd player in front, CD changer-rear, DVD player, rear seat entertainment system. What I do Not have is a telephone module or bluetooth from what I can tell?? Telephone and Bluetooth must be the same module, although the owners manual leads me to believe I have it?? The handsfree controls and the Mic are all in place.

My expectations:
I want my Iphone 6 to work via bluetooth and wish to have the handsfree controls built in the jag, working with the phone. Of Course the mic in the jag and speakers would work

Streaming music from Iphone

Questions:
Would the voice command system and CD controls on screen work with cell phone operation and music streaming?

From what I have read in the forum, all install is done swapping out the changer in the rear and nothing is installed in the front cabin?

Sorry for the lengthy message,
Rick

Old 09-27-2015, 06:40 PM
Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Hi Rick,

If you are looking to add bluetooth phone functionality to your car, my module is not the correct path. Jaguar offers what they call a "phone module", later version of this module come with bluetooth functionality, in the earlier models you had to get a separate BTUM to enable bluetooth. In all of it's incarnations the phone module would enable you to make and receive phone calls in the car using the car speakers and microphone (this often needs to be installed separately). This module would not allow you to stream music from your phone via the car speakers - it is only for making phone calls.

There is also a voice control module you can install - it is quite old fashioned, but you can use it to issue commands like "phone dial 123-456-7890" or "radio tune fm 99.8".

Neither phone module, nor the voice module would integrate with Siri.

If you have all this sorted and want to stream music from your phone to the car stereo - my device is one way of achieving this. You can also use an FM modulator or just plug your phone via stereo jack in the Rear entertainment console input.

With my device the following CD controls are implemented "Play/Pause; Previous Track; Next Track" - there is no voice control.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:06 PM
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I received the BT adapter from Veff yesterday. Pretty neat little device. I will install it tomorrow. I failed to ask and maybe I read through this thread too fast as I can't find the answer to my question.

If I don't CDC, do I still have the power connector in the wiring harness (loom)?

Thanks.

Old 10-26-2015, 06:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by veffremov
Hi Rick,

If you are looking to add bluetooth phone functionality to your car, my module is not the correct path. Jaguar offers what they call a "phone module", later version of this module come with bluetooth functionality, in the earlier models you had to get a separate BTUM to enable bluetooth. In all of it's incarnations the phone module would enable you to make and receive phone calls in the car using the car speakers and microphone (this often needs to be installed separately). This module would not allow you to stream music from your phone via the car speakers - it is only for making phone calls.

There is also a voice control module you can install - it is quite old fashioned, but you can use it to issue commands like "phone dial 123-456-7890" or "radio tune fm 99.8".

If you have all this sorted and want to stream music from your phone to the car stereo - my device is one way of achieving this. You can also use an FM modulator or just plug your phone via stereo jack in the Rear entertainment console input.

With my device the following CD controls are implemented "Play/Pause; Previous Track; Next Track" - there is no voice control.
Hello Veffremov, I can't read all the tread but I'm very interested in your "box". I'd like to know if you will sale one or if you will post the electrical schemes and the software to make a DIY thread.

Thank you and excuse me my poor English.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by veffremov
Hi Rick,

Hello Veffremov, I can't read all the tread but I'm very interested in your "box". I'd like to know if you will sale one or if you will post the electrical schemes and the software to make a DIY thread.

Thank you and excuse me my poor English.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:38 AM

Are you able to build this as just an auxillary input with rca connections or a 3.5mm jack?

Old 11-27-2015, 02:40 PM

RPi has no audio inputs by itself, so some extra audio board would likely be needed, containing a DAC. That said, it is doable. What is the reason you don't want bluetooth? almost all phones, even feature phones, can stream audio via bluetooth.

with rca/jack, you also lose control of playback via the HU controls.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:30 PM

I think if it was just AUX input then you could the iSimple ISMJ33 to do handsfree and bluetooth audio

Old 12-07-2015, 04:59 AM
Received 111 Likes on 89 Posts

Hi do you ship to the uk regards Tony

Old 12-07-2015, 07:27 PM

If you have CD Changer in Trunk and a single CD slot in the dashboard console, does the single disc changer keep working when the trunk changer is replaced with your BT Module?

Old 12-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts

Yes!

Old 12-07-2015, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by magmedia
Yes!
Well that's good news. Next question is, if your car already has Bluetooth for phone calls, can you phone be connected to the car for bluetooth calls, and simultaneously connected to this box for audio streaming. And can the phone handle both connections and know what to route to each device?

Old 12-07-2015, 07:50 PM
Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts

In my car, jaguar phone is installed and the Venelin box.

I have iPhone 6. It pairs to jaguar Bluetooth phone and to Venelin box.

While streaming music and a phone call comes in, the music fades and the call can be answered.

It is seamless (with iPhone).

Thanks.

-mag

The following users liked this post:
veffremov (12-08-2015)
Old 12-08-2015, 01:39 AM
Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by clifton94
Hi do you ship to the uk regards Tony
Yep.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:04 PM
Received 95 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by mikelaca
If you have CD Changer in Trunk and a single CD slot in the dashboard console, does the single disc changer keep working when the trunk changer is replaced with your BT Module?
I think Magmedia replied to this post already and how his iPhone works seamlessly between the inbuilt BT Phone setup and the VenBox for music streaming. I just want to confirm I have the same setup as Magmedia, but I use an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) with no issues.

Last edited by anindyam; 12-08-2015 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Dyslexic keybroad
Old 01-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Received 215 Likes on 149 Posts
Default Low temps causing issues

I have been sooo stoked since I installed the BT box. Lately I have started to have connection issues it seems when outdoor temps are 39F or lower. I lost my garage to another project this year/winter. Yesterday overnight temps were about 20F. When I started the car it did not connect, heard voice over "Can not connect to BT unit" or close to that, from the BT unit. My phone showed the unit but could not connect. When I deleted it from my phone and searched for BT unit, it just kept searching, and could not find the BT unit.
Then I needed to drive to the dealer to get a new annual vehicle inspection. The car was in the heated garage for about 1/2 hour. When they pulled it out of the garage, the unit synced right up and played as usual all the way home.
Today temps all day were 38F, and no connectivity.
My Thoughts
The box itself, I believe is working as I get the voice over message.
Its not my phone as I tried with my wifes, same result
Phone is not left out in cold temps.
Dongle is located under rear shelf.
Could it be that the dongle has temp limitations?
Could the cold be causing condensation issues on the dongle?
I have NEVER had a single issue or blip from day one with this great BT unit.
Allthough the stock "rear entertainment" system sometimes doesnt like real hot cabin temps, until cooled down after closed up and parked. But we all know that anyway (SV8 owners)
I did notice that most of the users of the unit are in warm climates, so they wouldnt see this issue.
I'll try to pin point tomorrow, as temps will be 44F-47F.
Man, I forgot how much FM sucks. And I really need to be able to drown my wifes voice out when needed.
Any thoughts
Thanks
Mark (without tunes,going thru BT withdralls)

Sorry, I should have posted this as a new topic vs reply. Admin please move if possible.

Last edited by Mark in Maine; 01-10-2016 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is this unit still available - if so how much would it be with shipping to the uk - to be honest i think i only need Aux in if thats an option

Old 05-14-2016, 01:49 PM
Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Hmm i know its been some time, but is the forum-member price still available?

Old 05-15-2016, 12:34 AM
Default Another Chap intrested in the device

i have a 03 STR with alpine system no nav
Hope its available and compatible
Whats the price now and how long to ship to Toronto ON Canada?

Thanks!
Damian

Quick Reply: Bluetooth audio adapter for XJ8, S-Type or X-Type (D2B optical)