Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

??HELP?? Trying to Buy DOUBLE DIN CD/DVD/NAV stereo!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: ??HELP?? Trying to Buy DOUBLE DIN CD/DVD/NAV stereo!

That sucks! I don't have the harness I was just talking about the antenna adapter. I would if I had one. What happened to that one that you posted and they said it would work? I can't remember??? Hey 03 if you wanted you could always cancel the order through amazon and tell them to go screw themselves. I went to a flea market yesterday and asked around and they had the kenwood units pretty cheap. There must be a reason this stuff is happening just don't do anything irrational though because there must be a reason nothing is falling into place.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I gave a call to my bank account (Bitches of America), and it turns out they put a hold onmy account because the unit seemed that I was making "erratic expensive purchases" and since they called and I'm away doing research for the summer I never got the call to confirm that it wasn't a fraudulent order. It should be going through, now I'm just trying to push the envelop on getting my dash kit in as early as possible.

I just got an email back from Nexxia- they said they can't even ship to me, that I believe was the issue with them. So as it stands, (now that I called and cursed out BofA) I have the headunit en route (should be in by June 2), as well as the dash kit to be in on the same day. Now I'm just trying to see about the wiring harness since Nexxia can't do it. I don't know what to do, because the Parrott website said that their harness is just for bluetooth adapters?

Old 06-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Veteran Member

Hmmm...that harness looked like the one on nexxia's web site...why not ship the harness to your parents and have them ship it to your bro's? You could always try a disposable visa card with the amount you need and have it shipped to your cousins shop or wherever you wanted it shipped to??? Not sure if it would work or not but it's worth a shot???

Old 06-30-2008, 02:34 PM

That's what I'm trying to do. If it comes in by thursday ish I'll be okay since my parents are heading up north for the 4th of July same as me. If not- I'll have to wait till the end of the month to do install!!! [>:]

In the meantime I'm just playing the waiting game and hoping that the British can come through for me and get it to me when I need it! Other than that- I'm debating what to do next!

Old 06-30-2008, 04:20 PM
Veteran Member

Can't your parents ship it to you?

Old 07-01-2008, 02:40 AM

They will be- I just wanted to be spoiled and have it in for 4th of July weekend. I suppose I can push the date back and then hope by the time the nav goes in I have enough $$$ for some STR wheels!

Old 07-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Veteran Member

Why str wheels? Find a deal on them? I like the latest str wheels with the 10spokes...or the one's on the 04/05's...you need to post some pics of your car!

Look for deals on used rims as well on craigslist. I believe the rims you need is the same as x-type wheels (5x108)

Old 07-02-2008, 05:43 PM

No partiular reason I suppose- I'm just a big fan of them I guess. I just wanted something that was a litle larger, and kinda kept the luxury feel. Too bad there aren't any stock wheels that come with a 2.5 inch lip! LOL

Old 06-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to find a radio harness adapter for 01 Stype Amplified Radio

I have an 01 and am upgrading to 7" ddin and I can't find any adapters for the amplified version? Do they exist? didn't work... I should sell my stock in them...

Old 06-19-2010, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by timmat1
I have an 01 and am upgrading to 7" ddin and I can't find any adapters for the amplified version? Do they exist? didn't work... I should sell my stock in them...
Sorry... newbie

Old 06-22-2010, 01:19 PM

For power and speakers just go to Walmart and pick up a power plug set of two rectangular plugs for Ford.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jag2002Driver
For power and speakers just go to Walmart and pick up a power plug set of two rectangular plugs for Ford.
How would you get the amplifier working? or is that possible? If I recall, 4 out of the 8 speakers are amplified... and without them hooked up ... only 4 out of 8 of your speakers work? Am I right or wrong... Sorry.. I work with money... not complicated stereo systems...

Old 06-23-2010, 03:21 AM
Thumbs down 2 Din car DVD Player

Hello
Hmm,This is the source:http://www.espow.com/wholesale-7-inc...vd-player.html
You may choose the right one for you.Also I suggest you may choose that one below.

The function is as below:
Touchscreen DVD, CD , SD and USB digital media player
Bluetooth Handsfree Device, AM/FM
Stereo Radio Receiver
Discs/Formats Played Discs: DVD, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, SVCD, VCD, CD, CD-R/RW File types: DIVX, MP3, MPEG4 (AVI), WMA, JPEG
General Specifications Screen: 7 Inch TFT LCD Screen Type: TFT LCD Touch Screen Aspect Ratio: 16:9 4:3 Resolution: 480 x 234
System Display Languages: English, Spanish, German, French, Chinese
DVD Mode Display Languages: English, Japanese, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Chinese Dimensions: 176mm x 100mm x 183mm (L x W x D)
Audio Information Max Power Output: 4 x 45W Signal-To-Noise Ratio SNR: >80dB User adjustable EQ, Bass, Treble, Fade and Balance
AM Tuner Frequency Range: 522 ~ 1710KHz (worldwide)
FM Tuner Frequency Range: 87.5 ~ 108.0MHz (worldwide)
TV Tuner Information: TV Type: DVB-T Tuner Frequency Bands: VHF-L, VHF-H, UHF Color System: NTSC, PAL, Auto TV Mode Display Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Portuguese, Finish, Turkish, Czech, Greek, Danish, Holland
Inputs/Outputs x1 SD/MMC front slot x1 USB front slot x1 IPOD front slot DVD/CD Disc front slot
Front control buttons: - Power ON/OFF/SRC - FW/Next - REV/Previous - Volume UP - Volume DOWN - Screen Angle Adjust - IR
Cables: - Rearview Camera IN - AV IN - Video OUT 1 - Video OUT 2 - Subwoofer - Aux IN - Right - Aux IN - Left - RCA Audio OUT x2 (front L and R) - RCA Audio OUT x2 (rear L and R)
Audio Wires: - Left front speaker x2 - Right front speaker x2 - Left rear speaker x2 - Right rear speaker x2
Rear Antenna IN slots: - Radio - TV
Bluetooth Functions: Pair with phone - then use touchscreen interface Dial Call Answer Call Volume Control Touchscreen Keypad.

This one is not espensive: Only US$174.5,with One year Warranty.I am also considering to get one.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:39 AM
Thumbs down 2 Din car DVD Player

Hello
Hmm,This is the source:http://www.espow.com/wholesale-7-inc...vd-player.html
You may choose the right one for you.Also I suggest you may choose that one below.

The function is as below:
Touchscreen DVD, CD , SD and USB digital media player
Bluetooth Handsfree Device, AM/FM
Stereo Radio Receiver
Discs/Formats Played Discs: DVD, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, SVCD, VCD, CD, CD-R/RW File types: DIVX, MP3, MPEG4 (AVI), WMA, JPEG
General Specifications Screen: 7 Inch TFT LCD Screen Type: TFT LCD Touch Screen Aspect Ratio: 16:9 4:3 Resolution: 480 x 234
System Display Languages: English, Spanish, German, French, Chinese
DVD Mode Display Languages: English, Japanese, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Chinese Dimensions: 176mm x 100mm x 183mm (L x W x D)
Audio Information Max Power Output: 4 x 45W Signal-To-Noise Ratio SNR: >80dB User adjustable EQ, Bass, Treble, Fade and Balance
AM Tuner Frequency Range: 522 ~ 1710KHz (worldwide)
FM Tuner Frequency Range: 87.5 ~ 108.0MHz (worldwide)
TV Tuner Information: TV Type: DVB-T Tuner Frequency Bands: VHF-L, VHF-H, UHF Color System: NTSC, PAL, Auto TV Mode Display Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Portuguese, Finish, Turkish, Czech, Greek, Danish, Holland
Inputs/Outputs x1 SD/MMC front slot x1 USB front slot x1 IPOD front slot DVD/CD Disc front slot
Front control buttons: - Power ON/OFF/SRC - FW/Next - REV/Previous - Volume UP - Volume DOWN - Screen Angle Adjust - IR
Cables: - Rearview Camera IN - AV IN - Video OUT 1 - Video OUT 2 - Subwoofer - Aux IN - Right - Aux IN - Left - RCA Audio OUT x2 (front L and R) - RCA Audio OUT x2 (rear L and R)
Audio Wires: - Left front speaker x2 - Right front speaker x2 - Left rear speaker x2 - Right rear speaker x2
Rear Antenna IN slots: - Radio - TV
Bluetooth Functions: Pair with phone - then use touchscreen interface Dial Call Answer Call Volume Control Touchscreen Keypad.

This one is not espensive: Only US$174.5,with One year Warranty.I am also considering to get one.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

i wouldnt be caught dead with that piece of garbage in my dash.......seriously, that unit is nothing more than a headache. Remember you get what you pay for.

as a matter of fact, i would rather sing to myself, then put that junk in my car. (and i can not sing whatsoever)

Old 06-23-2010, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by timmat1
How would you get the amplifier working? or is that possible? If I recall, 4 out of the 8 speakers are amplified... and without them hooked up ... only 4 out of 8 of your speakers work? Am I right or wrong... Sorry.. I work with money... not complicated stereo systems...
You are absolutely correct. I only have the door speakers working which sound good enough but I cannot find a way to connect the amplifier. I did request some help here months ago but no-one offered any insight. The head unit is a Kenwood DNX-9140. More details if needed.

Attached Thumbnails ??HELP?? Trying to Buy DOUBLE DIN CD/DVD/NAV stereo!-jag-kenwood-9140.jpg  
Old 09-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What is that black thing next to your left temperature control?
Is that the stock Kenwood bezel, or did you get a kit?

Old 09-18-2010, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by DittoGlen
What is that black thing next to your left temperature control?
Is that the stock Kenwood bezel, or did you get a kit?
That is the push button for the voice activated function. The bezel is the stock Kenwood which fit perfectly with a little trimming.

If you noticed I cut in slots on the lower plate for the USB connectors and built a bracket attached inside on the empty seat heater bracket plate to handle the push-pull forces. The left USB port handles my playlist stuff but I don't have an Ipod to try the other connector.

Old 09-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That is a good looking install man.
You couldn't get the steering wheel switch to work for the voice input activation?
Did you tie into the existing microphone?

Last edited by DittoGlen; 09-18-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:47 PM

I don't think it would work off the steering wheel controls and it came with it's own button. I do have the steering wheel controls hooked up w/ SWI-JACK. No existing mic so I installed the supplied mic on the instrument panel ledge.