Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

I know that you get what you pay for but

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I know that you get what you pay for but

im looking into buying the end all of stereo heads and aside from being made in china this head appears to do everything http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Touch...fAudioQ5fVideo

has anyone ever used one of these... im already assuming the output will be poor from the stereo channels but i theory the rca outs should be clean and i planned on amping all my speakers anyway. suggestions would be great

Old 11-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

never heard of it. For a couple hundred dollars more, I'd just stick with a name brand - pioneer, eclipse, clarion, kenwood, alpine, etc... but that's just me

Old 11-10-2010, 05:50 AM

yeah but those dont have 2 key features bluetooth and nav

Old 11-11-2010, 04:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sedakai,
Do what you will but it has been my experience when dealing with the ebay radios that when we install them (does not matter the brand on them, just the cheap import radios) that we have numerous unexpected issues. The last one that came in a few months ago sounded fine on the radio but when you went to SD, USB, CD/DVD it would sound like the chipmunks singing. It seems the processor could not determine the right playback speed. I have had them be too physically deep to fit in the dash with out major modifications, or even too tall or wide to work right.

If you look at the JVC radios or Kenwood they have all the features you are asking about but also WORK consistently. You will pay more but they work and sound good. Those companies put ALOT of time and resources to make them user friendly and reliable.

to me i like to have products that work, sound good (including the bluetooth), have support that i can reach out to if needed, support for warranty repair if every needed.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by sedakai
im looking into buying the end all of stereo heads and aside from being made in china this head appears to do everything http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Touch...fAudioQ5fVideo

has anyone ever used one of these... im already assuming the output will be poor from the stereo channels but i theory the rca outs should be clean and i planned on amping all my speakers anyway. suggestions would be great
What are you putting it in?

Old 12-20-2010, 12:44 AM

after some consideration i think im going to go for the pioneer x910bt