Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Pioneer AVIC-x710BT on S-Type "Installed"!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The map data and applications are on the onboard 2GB flash. There is smaller flash for WinCE image.

SDHC works fine and one USB only. You cannot have USB drive and ipod at same time.

I usually have 4GB USB with my wife's MP3 songs and 2GB SD with children's songs. I use 4GB SDHC on my f500 and it works on x710 as well. Some ppl connected USB hdd. I think they had to use external power as well since x710 does not provide enough power thru USB.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 507 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by ndy4eva
The map data and applications are on the onboard 2GB flash. There is smaller flash for WinCE image.

SDHC works fine and one USB only. You cannot have USB drive and ipod at same time.

I usually have 4GB USB with my wife's MP3 songs and 2GB SD with children's songs. I use 4GB SDHC on my f500 and it works on x710 as well. Some ppl connected USB hdd. I think they had to use external power as well since x710 does not provide enough power thru USB.
I wonder if you could hookup a powered usb hub in the car, which would give you the choice of ipod, usb flash drive, or usb hdd... As long as you only had ONE connected at any given time, you should be ok as far as the bus, plus it would provide external power for devices like hard drives that need it.

How much of a directory structure can the 710 support / display?

George

Old 03-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Andy for the information on the Autoleads.

Question on the Pioneer unit (that is a good price for the 710, too bad they don't ship to Canada) - how is the bootup time when starting the car, I've read different things on the internet about it being good and bad - about 5 seconds until the music starts and 2 to 3 minutes until everything is ready.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:04 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by androulakis
I wonder if you could hookup a powered usb hub in the car, which would give you the choice of ipod, usb flash drive, or usb hdd... As long as you only had ONE connected at any given time, you should be ok as far as the bus, plus it would provide external power for devices like hard drives that need it.

How much of a directory structure can the 710 support / display?

George
I'm not sure if it would work. You could check on AVIC411 forum. There should be someone who tried it.

Folders? according to Manual, "No limit" for FAT32.