Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

X Type double DIN Fascia

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Default X Type double DIN Fascia

I saw sommeplace an aftermarket fascia that will accomodate a Double DIN aftermarket unit. And it swapped right in, in place of the stock unit which was cool because of the odd size and shape of the radio.

Anyone else seen it and know where it can be bought?

Old 11-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default metra

Metra makes the face plate your lookin for,they stock only one but it looks good ..waiting for mine in the mail.What are you installing?

Old 11-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by IrishXtype
Metra makes the face plate your lookin for,they stock only one but it looks good ..waiting for mine in the mail.What are you installing?
I'm not sure, I'm either going with a touch screen double Din (just because I like the look) or the ACM. Right now in my other car (beemer Z3) I put in a Sony port on the front, and of course it can handle MP3. My 2004 X is the wagon with the premium Alpine with the sub but no changer so I could go with the ACM and get what I need and avoid having to completely rewire amps, the sub etc. But then I'm still dealing with the less than great stock head unit.

So I'm still tossing it back and forth. What are you installing?

Old 11-25-2009, 01:11 PM

I dont have the premieum sound pkg.So I got Focal 165av comonents for the front .powered by a 75x4 clarion,autobahn wr1203 .rms 2000w.only powered by a kicker zx400.1 and a pioneere double din.None installed yet due to too much work.The price for the install is about a grand...kinda steep..I am thinking about installing it myself but dont want to screw it up....oh ya Im also most likley going to do away with the rear door speakers ,since the focals are so amazing.For me the double din is the way to go I feel i wont need to upgrade for a few years.......lol ya right

Old 11-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by IrishXtype
I dont have the premieum sound pkg.So I got Focal 165av comonents for the front .powered by a 75x4 clarion,autobahn wr1203 .rms 2000w.only powered by a kicker zx400.1 and a pioneere double din.None installed yet due to too much work.The price for the install is about a grand...kinda steep..I am thinking about installing it myself but dont want to screw it up....oh ya Im also most likley going to do away with the rear door speakers ,since the focals are so amazing.For me the double din is the way to go I feel i wont need to upgrade for a few years.......lol ya right
You should try to do the install yourself unless there is fabrication involved, I tend to shy away from that too. But wiring in the amps and subs is pretty basic once you have the pieces in front of you. Run the main power line from the battery to a fused junction in the trunk and the rest is easy. I usually run the wiring under the door sills since they're pretty easy to access and remove, then you can tag into the existing line to remotely power them or run the blue wire back with the main power for the amps. I'm lucky since mine came with a factory sub so I might just increase it to a 10", I think it's only a 7.5 or 8. But it thumps pretty good.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by sidewalkman
I saw sommeplace an aftermarket fascia that will accomodate a Double DIN aftermarket unit. And it swapped right in, in place of the stock unit which was cool because of the odd size and shape of the radio.

Anyone else seen it and know where it can be bought?
Try Caraudio if you’re still looking M8

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...leproduct.html

Old 10-30-2010, 06:46 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

If you cant find 1 on the net call a local car audio installer. mine found 1 for my DBL DIN mine is a few shades different in color. i think factory is more a charcoal color and the aftermarket face plate is blk

Old 09-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default my install

Thought I'd post this even though this is pretty old thread now. I'm sure people still bump into it searching about stereo install, i know i did.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-14/customizing-xtype-help-others-101568/