Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Arrow Australia & New Zealand Members - Welcome List

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey guys, here's the new section specifically for our friends from Australia and New Zealand as requested.
Hopefully some of the guys that have been "shouting" about this will post up into here and get this section moving?
I'll be checking in to see

Old 08-21-2010, 01:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nz 99 xj8 lwb 3.2 v8

not one of the guys that have been shouting about it, but heres my first jag which i bought 2 months ago for 12 grand nzd, 100,000kms. its a 99 xj8 lwb 3.2, i love it, great to drive and the previous owner did a major service as he was going to keep it but ended up having to move into a retirement village. though, its not going at the moment, nothing happens when i turn the key, when it stopped, i was about to get in and go somewhere when the central locking went off by itself so i figure something happened with the security system, have disconnected the battery and tried again but nothing. if anyone has any ideas id love to hear them,

cheers
jody
auckland
new zealand

couldnt insert images of the jag, not url - files on my desktop, operator error - me ? not sure[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Lee/Desktop/99%20xj8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Lightbulb Welcome to the Aust / NZ Area forum

Hi all and guess I will put my hand Up as the person that requested a link for us down south. Looking forward to establishing a good range of communication through this forum not only for Tech bits and pieces but socializing as well.

Old 08-21-2010, 03:07 PM

Also big thanks to Jim for arranging this and Welcome to Jody from NZ

Old 08-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Default Another Aussie

Hi, Phil from Geelong here. Just beginning a 66 S-Type Auto restoration. Will be doing respray, upholstery and whatever else I discover needs doing

The vehicle was once our family car. I am the second owner since new.

I need to get the paint colour - where do I find that ?

I need to get all the chrome trim off to to a good respray, but that worries me (damage getting it off)

I need a good WorkShop manual or two - any suggestions ?

Cheers, Phil

Old 08-23-2010, 02:48 AM
Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Another Aussie

Hi,

My name is Rob and I live in Brisbane.
I am in the process of importing an 2003 XKR coupe from the UK. Unfortunately the import rules are pretty tight and I won't get it here for another 12 months .

I have joined JF to try and make the next year of my life bearable while I await its arrival.

Rob.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:25 AM

Phil, a good dig around the forum will uncover lots of info related to your project. I will add that I had my car at a Mike Roddy Jaguar in Morrabbin, Vic this week we was very impressed at the level of service and costs. They had 3 e types and a few early S's in various state of restoration and the knowledge of the staff was unbelievable, they like talking to you about Jags.

Originally Posted by philby
Hi, Phil from Geelong here. Just beginning a 66 S-Type Auto restoration. Will be doing respray, upholstery and whatever else I discover needs doing

I need to get all the chrome trim off to to a good respray, but that worries me (damage getting it off)

Cheers, Phil

Old 08-24-2010, 02:30 AM

Champir,
IU would start looking on ebay for all the fast part you will want to fit or those bits that you will need to personalize it. You could do some tyre kicking and drive all the 1 for sale over the next year in Brisbane that may HELP

Old 08-25-2010, 01:04 AM

cheers watkins, vbs all round sorry couldnt resist that icon

Old 08-25-2010, 01:22 AM

hi phil,

if you need some inspiration check out http://www.beacham-jaguar.co.nz/ they put new running gear into old jags, very cool stuff

Old 08-25-2010, 02:32 AM
Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by pwatkins
Champir,
IU would start looking on ebay for all the fast part you will want to fit or those bits that you will need to personalize it. You could do some tyre kicking and drive all the 1 for sale over the next year in Brisbane that may HELP

I like the way you think !

Old 10-01-2010, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by philby

Cheers, Phil
The best Jag man lives in geelong has the only Jag ute i have ever seen anseveral other, spent his life with them, recentlty retired, ownded the garage in Malop street. Mr Lamont, he is in the phone book , lives in Highton, give him a call, what he dont know isnot worth knowing

Old 10-03-2010, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tricky Dicky
The best Jag man lives in geelong has the only Jag ute i have ever seen anseveral other, spent his life with them, recentlty retired, ownded the garage in Malop street. Mr Lamont, he is in the phone book , lives in Highton, give him a call, what he dont know isnot worth knowing
Yes, I know of him. The Jag ute was converted by a (wealthy) local builder back in the sixties I think. He even presented the plans of the conversion to Jaguar, who criticized him big time for mutilating one of their vehicles !

Old 10-13-2010, 09:49 PM

Hi folks,

Whilst I haven't been screaming for a local forum, this is a great step forward.

I'm in Melbourne - have a 2000 S Type with nearly 170K on the clock and still she keeps going.

Major discussions I have entered into on the forum relate to tyres [tires, I know it's frustrating!!] as I've just done my second replacement in 4 years. And a gearbox rebuild after 1st and 2nd packed up - total rebuild cost nearly $5000.

Happy to share the lessons learned.

And if you are in Melbourne, I can put you onto a fantastic group of ex JRA mechanics who operate in the Eastern suburbs.

AND a big welcome to any newcomers - these forums are worth their weight in leapers!

Old 10-14-2010, 03:12 AM

Welcome Ausman,

I'm certain people will benefit from a local forum content. My current smelly car will be resolved 1 day soon anf I will share this with others, would be keen to consider the JRA boys eastern suburbs.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:10 AM
Default Hi guys

G'day all, and greetings from the Wild West. Happy to see we have a little corner of the site all to ourselves where we can talk Strine without having to translate.

I've had my X300 for about a year now and have had a largely cloud-free experience so far (apart from the prat in a Landcruiser who stuffed his bullbar up my chuff back in January - at least he was insured). Faults in the year have consisted of precisely one, when a bottom hose went - mind you, it was the most complex hose in the history of the world and cost a lot to replace. My car is looked after by Roadbend in Welshpool and they are really great.

I'm about due a service and the car seems to have developed hiccoughs in the last week - just when idling after warming up. Feels like a misfire but is getting worse so I'll have to get that looked at. Othersiwe XJX-300 is going strong and with only 72K on the clock should do so for years yet!

Last edited by Gaviatrix; 10-26-2010 at 03:12 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Arrow Welcome List

Please post and introduction here when you first visit the Australian/NZ forum.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:00 AM

Well, Hi there all My name is Phil & I have S-Type 2003 live in Melb and like Beer, Food, Motorcycles and Girls.

Old 11-11-2010, 05:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Didn't see this local section when i joined, sorry.

I bought a 1970 Series I that I'll be picking up from the spray painters tomorrow (hopefully). It has a Chev 350 in it and is running on LPG. Needs some tidying up but is a very solid base.

I plan to use it on a daily basis. I will post pictures when I get it back.

The following users liked this post:
pwatkins (11-26-2010)
Old 11-19-2010, 03:17 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Good luck, in inporting your XKR, the rules are a pain but well worth the wait.

We inported an XJ8 & XK8 convertable, & had a lot of fun with our local transport dept.

Quick Reply: Australia & New Zealand Members - Welcome List