DENSO SatNav GPS Upgrade Disks for Jaguar

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 09:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,442 Likes on 898 Posts
Default DENSO SatNav GPS Upgrade Disks for Jaguar

Greetings folks, and here is a heads-up for those with modern SatNav fitted Jaguars . . .

Rather than separate posts in each Oz State, NZ and model forums, I will settle for this and another in NZ forum . . . it may be old news to some, but unexpected and welcome when I discovered it.

Jaguar Australia have partnered with TomTom ANZ to supply all future Australia & New Zealand SatNav GPS Map Upgrade Disks for the Denso units fitted to the following Jaguar models . . .

The latest updates Aus24 and NZ13 are now available for these models :
  • Jaguar S-Type (all models; all years)
  • Jaguar X-Type (all models; all years)
  • Jaguar XJ (2003 to 2009)
Version Aus22 and NZ11 are now available for these models :
  • Jaguar F-Type (2014 to 2016)
  • Jaguar XJ (2010 to 2016)
  • Jaguar XF (2012 to 2015)
Version Aus20 and NZ9 is available for these models :
  • Jaguar XK (2006 to 2015)
  • Jaguar XF (2008 to 2011)

Prices are listed for Aus & NZ buyers and far cheaper than the former Jaguar/Whereis offerings . . . however, thanks to a further 40% discount currently, these disks ship currently at about one third the former Jaguar price. Those I have purchased, cost AU$117 each, but no indication how long these discounts will apply.

Here is the link <https://jaguar.navshop.com.au/default.asp>

Cheers,

The following users liked this post:
West Aussie (06-16-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 03:40 AM
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Sold out hope they get some back soon have emailed them, let’s hope

Last edited by NickXb787; 06-27-2021 at 04:01 AM.
Old 06-29-2021, 05:21 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by NickXb787
Sorry to hear that Nick for your XF . . . but reminder to others that S-Type, X-Type and XJ disks are still available at that 40% discount.

Cheers,

Old 06-29-2021, 05:39 AM
Veteran Member
Default Update on the Denso GPS UPDATE

Yesterday . . .

I swapped in the new GPS map update disk for my X-Type (same disk for S-Type and XJ). Without thinking, other than move car to avoid 10min run inside garage and resulting asphyxiation when swapping in for the 2006 version, immediately saw the console touch screen spit the dummy, turn up its toes and take down not only the SatNav, but also all the climate control, screen demists, entertainment, etc . . . blank screen; dreaded 50/51 error; dead as a Monty Python parrot!

Now, be advised . . . each new disk comes without update instructions or warnings, but contains both new map data and updated firmware . . . and the latter, just like Windows on a PC, must not be interrupted while it erases old firmware and copies in the new. Interrupt it I did, to move the car out of the garage and hence the touch screen crash. No panic . . . have been there before . . . so, a quick reference to the following thread . . .

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/blank-navigation-screen-5716/

Don't be fazed by the 500+ posts as most is repetition by poor souls who not only can't search the forums, but can't read either. The correct update process is summed up in post #515 by Dell Gailey, to which I have added only the initial step that precipitated my lapse and error . . .
  1. move the car into the open air so it can run uninterrupted for up to 10min;
  2. switch on ignition and remove disc;
  3. switch off ignition;
  4. start engine and insert disc;
  5. do not switch off ignition until Leaper appears on screen (typically 5-10min);
  6. check all SatNav and climate controls work before switching off.

Once I re-loaded and sat updating my shopping list for 5 minutes, the SatNav then sprang into life. Dreaded 50/51 error resolved, then I re-entered my preferences that were wiped by the update. Fortunately, I did remember my home address and destinations but, for the life of me, it took hours to find how to change the display from 'north is always up' (what a stupid default) to 'direction of travel is always up'. Turns out there is no menu option . . . but a tiny N in the top left corner of map display which I have never used but, if pressed, toggles to a compass needle!

Congratulating myself for walking within an inch of death without raising a sweat, I have ordered another for the S-Type. Too easy !

Cheers,
Ken

The following 2 users liked this post by cat_as_trophy:
Brian M Williams (10-12-2021), ChrisMills (06-29-2021)
Old 07-02-2021, 03:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar XF 2014

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has the update disc for Jaguar XF 2012-2015 and would like to sell it, please let me know.

Thanks

Old 07-02-2021, 04:27 AM
Received 3,980 Likes on 2,878 Posts

Welcome Toan, when time permits please place an introduction in the New Members Section, where you will receive a warm welcome. Where are you from in NSW …I’ve added you to our Roll.

Last edited by Daf11e; 07-02-2021 at 04:32 AM.
Old 07-02-2021, 04:57 AM

Should ask the same really, anyone with an XF 2012-2015, XJ 2010-2016 or even an F type 2014-2016, DVD for sale?

Can but hope.

I have asked Jaguar in Canberra to help

I got my import Compliance plate yesterday, plan to get it on the car Monday and hopefully Rego Tuesday.

Old 07-02-2021, 05:00 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Toan Nguyen
Just wondering if anyone has the update disc for Jaguar XF 2012-2015
Greetings, Toan . . . as noted by Nick in post #2, Jaguar Navshop is currently out of stock of the disks for your era XF. Why not contact them or TomTom ANZ by email, point out there are at least a couple of you wanting same, and push them to run you off a few. Surely in these digital days, that is a task of duplicating, not creating from scratch!

I wish you well asking anyone to sell a modern maps disk from their car, but good luck.

Cheers,
Ken

Old 07-02-2021, 05:09 AM
Veteran Member

Hi Nick . . .

Synchronous posting (LOL) but suggest one or both of you contact supplier as per my post.

At the risk of me being banned here, approach them on behalf of other XF members of Jaguar Forums (Australia).

Cheers,

Old 07-02-2021, 05:32 AM

Maybe another member request for one may help them run some copies off.

Last edited by NickXb787; 07-02-2021 at 05:34 AM.
Old 07-02-2021, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by cat_as_trophy
Greetings, Toan . . . as noted by Nick in post #2, Jaguar Navshop is currently out of stock of the disks for your era XF. Why not contact them or TomTom ANZ by email, point out there are at least a couple of you wanting same, and push them to run you off a few. Surely in these digital days, that is a task of duplicating, not creating from scratch!

I wish you well asking anyone to sell a modern maps disk from their car, but good luck.

Cheers,
Ken
Hi Ken,

Thank you for your response. I did send them an email but sadly I didn't get any response from them so I was hoping to get one from here

Old 07-02-2021, 06:49 AM

Hi Nick . . .

Synchronous posting (LOL) but suggest one or both of you contact supplier as per my post.

At the risk of me being banned here, approach them on behalf of other XF members of Jaguar Forums (Australia).

Cheers,

Thanks Ken,

I did send Tom Tom an email and sadly I didn't get any responses from them so I was hoping to get one from the forum.

Old 07-02-2021, 07:02 AM

Cheers,
Ken
Thanks mate, I actually did send an email to Tom Tom but didn't get any response from them so I was hoping to get ones here

Old 07-03-2021, 03:04 AM
Veteran Member
Default Up to you chaps now

Maybe another member request . . .
See my follow-up thread in your XF forum and also companion XJ and F-Type forums because same disks apply.

Now, I'm happy to help, but it is really up to you chaps to follow up.

Cheers,
Ken

Old 10-12-2021, 06:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Greetings folks, and here is a heads-up for those with modern SatNav fitted Jaguars . . .

Rather than separate posts in each Oz State, NZ and model forums, I will settle for this and another in NZ forum . . . it may be old news to some, but unexpected and welcome when I discovered it.

Jaguar Australia have partnered with TomTom ANZ to supply all future Australia & New Zealand SatNav GPS Map Upgrade Disks for the Denso units fitted to the following Jaguar models . . .

The latest updates Aus24 and NZ13 are now available for these models :
  • Jaguar S-Type (all models; all years)
  • Jaguar X-Type (all models; all years)
  • Jaguar XJ (2003 to 2009)
Version Aus22 and NZ11 are now available for these models :
  • Jaguar F-Type (2014 to 2016)
  • Jaguar XJ (2010 to 2016)
  • Jaguar XF (2012 to 2015)
Version Aus20 and NZ9 is available for these models :
  • Jaguar XK (2006 to 2015)
  • Jaguar XF (2008 to 2011)

Prices are listed for Aus & NZ buyers and far cheaper than the former Jaguar/Whereis offerings . . . however, thanks to a further 40% discount currently, these disks ship currently at about one third the former Jaguar price. Those I have purchased, cost AU$117 each, but no indication how long these discounts will apply.

Here is the link <https://jaguar.navshop.com.au/default.asp>

Cheers,

Do you have a link for a US/Canada map? Also, I would like to thank you for communicating the process to get out of a 50/51 error succinctly. I went through that thread and was ready to beat my head against the wall.

Thanks
Brian

Last edited by Brian M Williams; 10-12-2021 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-21-2023, 11:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey Nick , Toan. Did you ever end up getting a copy of the australia 24 map dvd? I was going to PM, but im new here

Looks like all the jaguar navshop links are dead and navigationAU has a bad reputation of selling old maps with edited version numbers to represent newer maps, so im refusing to buy that. No response from TomTom and I dont really want to spend hundreds upon hundreds for what is now a 4 year old map essentially, but also dont want to ruin look of a dash with aftermarket radio . Not sure what to do. Wish there was a dump of it or something.

@cat_as_trophy @NickXb787 @Toan Nguyen

I was going to send PM instead of reviving old threads, but im new here. Im going to post an intro shortly.

Old 11-22-2023, 03:04 PM
Received 3,980 Likes on 2,878 Posts

Whilst Ken hasn’t been on here for a year or so he’s always lurking around so he may reply to this.
I would place an intro as you’ve suggested and go from there.

Old 03-10-2024, 06:39 PM
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Hi everyone,

Bit late to the party caused partially by there being a number of different threads on this topic. I've tried TomTom and others to see if its possible to get a DVD disc update and I've either received no reply or advice that they can no longer help. I did in 2023 resort to buying an update disc from navigation au and whilst it has worked perfectly I've read on these forums that they are not new updates.

My question/query as a software/IT nunce, is given not just with Jaguars but also other makes like BMW/Audi/Merceds etc, there must be thousands of well looked after vehicles with the DVD system that you think someone could have a nice little online business burning DVD disc with the updated map data!!! It surprises me becuase I have to say especially in Australia with huge mobile phone network holes, Ive resorted to using the DVD system because I was out of mobile phone rane to use in my case apple car play and run google maps/waze/sygic etc.

Is technically possible to do