pre sale inspection SYDNEY

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 10:29 PM
Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Default pre sale inspection SYDNEY

Hi guys, I am actually in W.A. but need to find a recommended Jag tech for a pre sale inspection of an XJ X351 5.0sc swb portfolio 60,000k on odo, I am seriously looking to purchase, the owner is in Sydney and I must have a full report done on the vehicle before going ahead. I have looked on the net at various dealers in Sydney north of city and reviews are not good, Thanks in advance

Old 10-15-2019, 01:08 AM
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,848 Posts

I haven’t used anyone in Sydney Ben so unfortunately I can’t help, however, a google search shows Cremona Prestige as a possibility
and may be worth making a call. Someone else may come along with someone they have actually used.

Old 10-26-2019, 04:29 AM
Received 259 Likes on 120 Posts

Try Graeme Lord Automotive at Wollongong (70 km south of Sydney) They are the best in the business, whether they will do inspections, I cannot say.

Old 10-26-2019, 05:52 AM

well I had it checked out and I bought it today, posted in X351 forum. So I guess im now in the 5.0 Super Portfolio club, pretty darn happy too. perfect maintenance history, and an extremely well cared for *****, by an extremely gentlemanly owner, less than 60 000km on the clock, negotiated final price of $46,500.

Last edited by Lightspeed; 10-26-2019 at 05:58 AM. Reason: additional info
The following 2 users liked this post by Lightspeed:
Daf11e (10-26-2019), Geoff_C (03-12-2020)
Old 03-12-2020, 04:43 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lightspeed
well I had it checked out and I bought it today, posted in X351 forum. So I guess im now in the 5.0 Super Portfolio club, pretty darn happy too. perfect maintenance history, and an extremely well cared for *****, by an extremely gentlemanly owner, less than 60 000km on the clock, negotiated final price of $46,500.

I know this post was last year but wow nice car I trust it is everything you expected and more. I love the colour too. Congratulations.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:27 AM

Thanks Geoff, yes loving the big cat, needed a darn good clean inside though, and am still rubbing goo off my sticky buttons lol. She is glorious to drive, i love doing trips to the capital and home again, so nice to be at the wheel. I hope i am not speaking too soon but have not had any mechanical or electronic issues since delivery. I have accumulated the necessary items now for a full transmission flush, the ZF Lifeguard 6 was sourced at Motorspecs, $620 inclusive of gst and freight to my door for 20 litres, have a ZF seal and mechatronic kit, pan, filter, gearbox mount, prop shaft flex disc all ready to fit.
There is zero wrong with my car but i decided to jump in and get some preventative maintenance out of the way, i have just ticked over onto 63,000 kms, so i think its a good time to take care of my ZF and other wear items mainly due to age.
I am very happy with my purchase.
Downside is some friends are jelly, and dont see them anymore

, i could have bought a new commodore or falcon and the attitude would be completely different. You get that i guess, but people dont like sharing in your success, they would rather turn their noses up than enjoy it with you. People are weird.
I have my Velocity ap gear ready to go, but really do not need the extra power, already fitted the Mina intake. Not really rushing to get these on though, id rather get through my maintenance list first, but honestly after the ZF is done, there is not really any must do items, will see i guess, but i would love some Vossen S17-06 wheels, i can always wish lol.

Last edited by Lightspeed; 03-12-2020 at 07:36 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Geoff_C (03-12-2020)
Old 03-12-2020, 10:46 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Thanks Geoff, yes loving the big cat, needed a darn good clean inside though, and am still rubbing goo off my sticky buttons lol. She is glorious to drive, i love doing trips to the capital and home again, so nice to be at the wheel. I hope i am not speaking too soon but have not had any mechanical or electronic issues since delivery. I have accumulated the necessary items now for a full transmission flush, the ZF Lifeguard 6 was sourced at Motorspecs, $620 inclusive of gst and freight to my door for 20 litres, have a ZF seal and mechatronic kit, pan, filter, gearbox mount, prop shaft flex disc all ready to fit.
There is zero wrong with my car but i decided to jump in and get some preventative maintenance out of the way, i have just ticked over onto 63,000 kms, so i think its a good time to take care of my ZF and other wear items mainly due to age.
I am very happy with my purchase.
Downside is some friends are jelly, and dont see them anymore

, i could have bought a new commodore or falcon and the attitude would be completely different. You get that i guess, but people dont like sharing in your success, they would rather turn their noses up than enjoy it with you. People are weird.
I have my Velocity ap gear ready to go, but really do not need the extra power, already fitted the Mina intake. Not really rushing to get these on though, id rather get through my maintenance list first, but honestly after the ZF is done, there is not really any must do items, will see i guess, but i would love some Vossen S17-06 wheels, i can always wish lol.
I was looking at a Statesman Caprice funny enough but thought this was a nice car after seeing it on car sales and it had Redbook inspection along with all history done by Jaguar dealers in Brisbane. With some detailing and minor scratches done it looks better than new now. I too had the rubbery goo on my switched and dials. I used Lemon juice and eucalyptus oil to get that off with some rubbing with a microfiber cloth and it comes off without damaging the writing under the stuff. Takes a bit of effort but not that much plus gives you the satisfaction of the switches and dials not only looking new but feel a whole lot better when you have to touch them. After I get the rear suspension sorted the bushers are on the way out so needs new ones and you have to but the wishbone arms upper and lower as I cant get bushes by themselves also no aftermarket so it going to be OME out of Melbourne. To the dealership credit, they are paying for that under 3 mth statuary warranty as they did with the A/C compressor that was not working. I want to get the ZF gearbox done as mine has 104,000 klms. on the clock but feels nice and changes smooth. I changed most of my filters my self then had the full service done last week with new fuel filter and oil changed, cleaned the MAF sensor. Mostly for my own peace as the car was not due for the next service till August. Like you are I am enjoying the car. Last of all if your mates don't wish to know you because of the car will they are not true mates. Last, of all, I bought a set of staggard 19`` F Type wheels and tyres cheap. Put them on and cleaned up the callipers and hubs with a lick of paint.

Last edited by Geoff_C; 03-12-2020 at 11:09 AM.