While having the car serviced I had a quote for the suspension on the XF

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 03:20 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default While having the car serviced I had a quote for the suspension on the XF

I noticed a bump in the rear end last week before getting the car serviced, I have only owned it for a month now so I have been getting the car up to specs. while it is still under the dealership's 3 mths warranty. To their credit within 2 weeks of owning the car, I had a new A/C Compressor fitted and paid $1.300.00 AUD by the dealership who was fantastic about the issue and did not argue about the cost. ( unusual as they normally want a second hand or rebuilt parts. ) At the same time, we noted the rear suspension needed most of the bushes done so over the last week or so I have been to and through, getting quotes for the dealership who was a bit reluctant to want to pay for this as it is a huge and expensive job. But as they come to the conclusion that you cant get aftermarket parts here for the Jag and seen that even buying them from eBay they were no cheaper after paying freight from overseas. Along with the mechanics I use would not warrant any parts from eBay saying even if you get the correct parts they may not fit. So here is the quote and work to be done. Full credit to the dealership for coughing up and paying for this as the car is second hand and 6 years old. I don't think they would have made any money out of the deal now as being wholesalers their profit margins would not have been much more than the $5,436.50 they have spent so far. I consider my self to be very lucky this has been covered by them. The dealership is on the Gold Coast and I am in Newcastle so this is a great result. I'm sure they will be praying for their side of the 3 mth. warranty to run out asap.
JAGUAR XF X250

SAJAC0467DDS97083 2.2L AJ4D DIESEL

CARRY OUT SUSPENSION INSPECTION

LINK STABILISING WISHBONE ARM JAGUAR XF
RIGHT HAND UPPER WISHBONE ARM

LEFT HAND UPPER WISHBONE JAGUAR XF
RIGHT HAND UPPER WISHBONE ARM JAGUAR XF

LEFT HAND LOWER WISHBONE ARM JAGUAR XF
SWAY BAR LINK LEFT HAND REAR JAGUAR XF

SWAY BAR LINK RIGHT HAND REAR JAGUAR XF

Total cost $4,136.50 AUD.

Old 03-12-2020, 04:02 AM
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,848 Posts

Ouch!.....Great dealership.

The following users liked this post:
Geoff_C (03-12-2020)
Old 03-12-2020, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Daf11e
Ouch!.....Great dealership.
Jim, I agree 100% they are on the Gold Coast and with me being here in Newcastle they could have just said bad luck. I tried to do the right thing by them as well but not a lot of people these days like to press bushes into suspension parts. The reason we had to replace the wishbones and control arms. We called around and could not find any aftermarket ones so went with OME out of Melbourne. Full credit to the dealership, I would recommend them without thinking about it.

Daf11e (03-12-2020)
Old 03-12-2020, 07:33 AM
Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Wow, well there's a great upside to utilising a dealers warranty, a definite plus and 4 grand better off in your pocket

Geoff_C (03-12-2020)
Old 03-12-2020, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Lightspeed
Wow, well there's a great upside to utilising a dealers warranty, a definite plus and 4 grand better off in your pocket
Yes plus the A/C compressor they paid for just over a week ago. That was around $1,300.00 when you take that off the price I paid for the car its another $5,400.00 off the car and adds value to it should I want to sell it. Not that I want to after getting my mate to paint the front and rear bumpers along with touching up the side skirts that all had minor scratches or marks. The car looked great when I bought it and had all service records all done by Jaguar/Rover Brisbane and being a one owner. I suspect the very reason he got rid of it knowing the suspension and A/C were need of repair.