My first suspension issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2021, 09:23 AM
doc
Received 202 Likes on 169 Posts
Default My first suspension issue

Oh well it happened today picked mum up and my brother said the car seemed to move without ignition on

I thought must be like the hydraulic Citroen that I owned years ago it was always leveling and doing things like that

Dropped mum of and had this weird light on the dash on closer inspection my heart sank it read suspension too low

I rememberd Mike from (IJW) saing the back shocks felt a bit floaty oh ok next project I thought

Well it's the front struts isn't it thought to myself typical

So what I wanted to ask fellow member's in Qld has anyone found a place that can recondition struts up here? or for that matter anywhere in Australia
I found places in the USA and Germany but by the time you throw in shipping core returns and or cores first before into the mix it doesn't make it much cheaper then if there's a warranty claim it gets close enough to new prices
I've found a company that sells all the repair parts the rubber bellows and all the various parts which made me think surely there's someone in Aussie that can repair these things?

Anyway any input would be appreciated!

I've ordered the bagpipe Andy kit for the compressor I'll do it up same time I do the strutts

Last edited by doc; 07-18-2021 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-28-2021, 06:45 AM
doc
Received 202 Likes on 169 Posts

Hi fellow member's

Finally picked up the car last Monday 20/09/2021 very impressed with the new air struts I sourced from China so far

Michael from Independent Jag Workshop @ Sandgate liked build quality of them and the fact that they had the plugs for the C.A.T.S system time will tell

The supplier's of the struts promised they are C.A.T.S equipped the only way really to check this is to cut one open not likely unless one of them fails after the years warranty

First impressions driving the car WOW it's a different car I ordered comfort struts but compared to the old ones they feel like sports also fitted a bagpipe Andy compressor kit at the same time

I've spent $2600au including import duties , freight taxes and labour

Also I'd like to say if anyone's interested in these struts PM me happy to help fellow forum members

I also think if they came sea freight that would bring the freight and import taxes down as they add the import tax on the total amount including shipping

I've got my old struts and would sell them to any forum members make me an offer just PM me

I'll be putting them on Gumtree and eBay next week the bellows are all complete and they're dry no oil weeping
​​​​​
When I looked at the old struts seem's the previous owner had replaced one of the front struts with a Arnott sport unit if I'd known that I would have just bought another Arnott would have been a little cheaper

Either way the sport Arnott strut is dated 18/09/12 just before I bought the car I've done 10.000 ks in the car since 2012 so the strut should still be okay

The Arnott struts also come with a lifetime warranty so could be sent back for warranty I'm guessing

The remaining struts would be great for exchange if someone wanted to take the punt on RMA remanufactured units or have a go at repairing them

The company that I bought the new struts from also supply the bellows and repair parts I'd be interested in looking what's in them

​​​​​

Last edited by doc; 09-28-2021 at 07:00 AM.
The following users liked this post:
o1xjr (09-30-2021)