Auto Electrician for S-Type, Melbourne SE suburbs

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Auto Electrician for S-Type, Melbourne SE suburbs

Hi all,
Have a situation going on with my 2005 S-Type (v6). On locking the car, I noticed that front parkers, tail lights and number plate light stayed on (and did not go off), Next morning battery was pretty low, so disconnected it, and put in on the charger. I have now re-connected the battery after charging, and now the problem is different - headlights, tail lights and number plate light will not come on at !! (either automatically, or manually with the switch). Left & right turn indicators and headlight high beam are working fine. I have checked globes and fuses .. all good. So, two questions ...
  • any thoughts on possible root cause of the problem ?
  • any recommendations of good auto electrician in south-east suburbs of Melbourne (say within radius of Oakleigh) who is across S-type Jag electrics ?
Cheers

Old 10-31-2017, 12:34 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by okkanui
Hi all,
Have a situation going on with my 2005 S-Type (v6). On locking the car, I noticed that front parkers, tail lights and number plate light stayed on (and did not go off), Next morning battery was pretty low, so disconnected it, and put in on the charger. I have now re-connected the battery after charging, and now the problem is different - headlights, tail lights and number plate light will not come on at !! (either automatically, or manually with the switch). Left & right turn indicators and headlight high beam are working fine. I have checked globes and fuses .. all good. So, two questions ...
  • any thoughts on possible root cause of the problem ?
  • any recommendations of good auto electrician in south-east suburbs of Melbourne (say within radius of Oakleigh) who is across S-type Jag electrics ?
Cheers
The front and rear electronic lighting controller modules are separate items but controlled by logic signals from common items such as the instrument cluster, switches and wiring. I would have a good fiddle with the switch to see if any other scenarios of operation occur. This would indicate a problem with the switch. Otherwise, check wiring, logic signals etc. There are wiring diagrams in the service manuals that can be found online but a reasonable grasp of electrical knowledge is required for this type of problem as it's not just switches and relays.
I would do some searching in the S Type section. Surely you're not the only one to have this problem.

Old 10-31-2017, 05:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,098 Likes on 1,264 Posts

Probably the quickest route to a S type literate tech is to call Ratcliffe, Spiteri or Caulfield Jag and ask them for a recommendation.

Old 11-01-2017, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks EXEC, Yarpos - I will follow-up through Ratcliffe, Spiteri and Caulfield Jag