Canada All Canadian members please post here...

2013 Jag AWD - Winter Mode Fault

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 06:34 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2013 Jag AWD - Winter Mode Fault

A quick re-cap:
Owned a 2013 Evoque. I could not put up with a 60K car engine lugging at 1,200 RPM after three software updates, engine transmission just not right. So I gave myself a Christmas Eve gift, the 2013 AWD Jag.

I had my first warranty issue in the PM. A Winter Fault message. It was checked out and the sensor "repaired". A couple of days later, a shuddering noise seemed to come from the middle of the car and then the Winter Mode message came on again. Retuned to the dealer which checked it out and ordered a "part" to replace that is attached to the front wheel.? Not sure which part, but I will know once repaired.

So far a bit of a rocky start to re-experiencing a Jag. Nevertheless, this car is Wunderbar! I previously leased a 530 series 2010 BMW and frankly I don't understand how more people are not flocking to the a Jag. Now that it has 6 and AWD. I guess the message has not got out to the luxury masses that Jaguar is a serious if not a superior option to the Teutonic brands.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:53 PM

The AWD sensor was replaced and winter mode works as it should. And what a winter we are having. -25 to -35 on a regular basis withe the wind chill factor. It seems to be always windy. The Jag handles icy sub-surfaces surprisingly well. ABS brakes and selective braking works very well. One no longer has control on how the car decides to brake and advance as it does. The computer makes better decisions than I do. This is kind of scary, but reassuring. Instinctive AWD, it surely is.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:05 AM
Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts

Thanks for your initial experiences and overview. I too, am a new Jag owner, (XK) buying mine in November. No AWD here, however, so she sits in my garage until better road conditions return. As I peer out my window at the snow squalls across my driveway, I'm thinking, that might be a while yet.

Hope your technical difficulty is now permanently fixed.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:55 PM
Received 251 Likes on 169 Posts

Thanks for sharing your experience with the new XJ. Hopefully the problem remains isolated to these minor events.

I agree with your sentiments, the XJ offers so much more style and a genuine feeling of opulence, compared to the staid german stuff in my opinion...

sounds like a real treat to be driving comfortably all year 'round.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:57 AM

Couldn't wait for winter to experience the new AWD Jag XF. Now that I got my taste of this wonderful Instinctive AWD, I can't wait for summer carefree driving on some sinewy rolling hill roads with pleasant summer temps. This winter has been Arctic and the AWD Jag has been up to the challenge and then some.