Canada All Canadian members please post here...

Air Conditioning Stops Working

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2021 | 05:31 PM
|
Default Air Conditioning Stops Working

Hello,
The AC in my 2017 XE Diesel is malfunctioning.
Here is the summary of events:
1) driving my car on an exceptionally hot day blasting my AC. All of a sudden the blowers just go silent. No air is blowing. I turn off the AC and turn it back on and it works fine again.
2) a few weeks after (I rarely drive now due to covid work from home) i turn on the car and the blowers wont turn on at all. The dashboard says air is on, but the blowers wont turn on.
3) i bring in the car to a Jag dealer. They tell me there's a corrosion issue.. "all connectors and plate have corrosion beyond repair.. majority of the grounds have been compromised".
4) They "installed new leads and replaced ground plate electrical tape has been installed to isolate and correct future conditions. Repositioned new available ground stud, tested and installed ground plate using digital pico scope to confirm grounds are within spec at vehicle shutdown. Reinstalled removed components, vehicle tested vents working."
5) I drive the vehicle again today after picking it up at the dealership 2 days ago. I drive around for about 40 minutes and the AC once again just shuts itself off. I turn off the blowers completely and turn it back on and the AC works again. On the return trip the AC once again turns itself off. This time turning the AC Off and On again does not work. The blowers are not working.
6) Before i take it back to the dealership any idea what this could be? Since the dashboard lights up could this be a software issue?
I also noticed that the Auto Engine Shut Off at idle stopped working during this trip.
Is this all connected?

Thanks,
Anton.