Canada All Canadian members please post here...

Any Saskatchewan Members?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Saskatchewan Members?

Just wondering. Oh by the way if there are any of you out there, do you go to the Saskatoon dealership or an independent shop for service and repairs (and which one).

Thanks
Eric

Old 10-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey Eric I am from Saskatchewan. Regina in fact and have had my XF only about 1 month. So far I have not needed to do any maintenance so havent visited the shop in Regina but did need a taillight replaced and some other warranty work done so I drove up to saskatoon. The drive sort of sucks but the guys up there are great though and they treat you right. When I bought the car they said there was a guy that used to work for them that opened his own shop in Regina and he is who they would recommend any maintenance. I will have to find the email because I can't remember the shop name.

Glad we have some other Sask people on the forum!

Aaron

Old 06-22-2013, 07:36 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I am from Regina as well. I would like that information on the shop that has been opened in Regina if you have it. Thanks.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:54 PM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Big_Walleye
I am from Regina as well. I would like that information on the shop that has been opened in Regina if you have it. Thanks.
Haven't used it yet honestly. I always go up to Saskatoon. The guys up there are amazing to deal with. Best customer service ever. I can't remember the one in Regina however know it is right behind the Nissan dealership. Brian's auto or something like that? 1 block east of broad and 1 block south of 4th ave.

I am sure if you call the dealership in Saskatoon and ask them where in Regina they will tell you. Sorry I can't be more help.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brad's Automotive

Hey everyone,

The place in Regina is called Brads Automotive. Its on 1011 Osler St. Pretty much on the corner of 4th east and Osler. There really isn't any signage though so it can be easy to miss it, just look for the white garage with imports parked around it. Brad was the shop manager for Jaguar Saskatoon for a lot of years apparently. The guys in Saskatoon actually recommend him highly. He does Jaguar, Rover, and Volvo stuff.

Here was my experience with him for what it's worth. 2 months ago I had a minor misfire in my Jag, (rough idle with no check engine light or code). I brought it in to him to get that addressed as well as a spring tune up/oil change. He ended up just doing the tune up while not really addressing the misfire, (he does not keep all plugs stocked which I can understand). He said that he had no openings until June, then he could change all the plugs for $400 bucks. He said fixing the misfire could wait because it was minor and happened only when it idled. Literally the next day the misfire got very bad and threw a check engine light. I didn't want to wait until June so I bought a code reader found the cylinder and changed the plug and coil myself. $99 for the code reader, $18 plug, $79 coil. All fixed and I didn't have to waste precious summer driving time. Keep in mind I am not even mechanically inclined, I learned everything from this forum and youtube! Its was my first time doing anything like that.

My conclusion is, Brad is good but if you know what parts you need make sure he has them ahead of time or you might need 2 appointments to fix 1 problem.
I'm sure I will use his services in the future. He is honest and competent.

Best of Luck
Eric

Old 09-20-2013, 05:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hi There

Just bought a 2005 VDP, I am in Regina. Good to see there are more of us out there.

Paul

Old 09-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Maybe we should start a club. lol

Old 09-30-2013, 09:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a club in Regina for Jag Nuts its called the Jagnuts you can find it on line. We meet once a week for breakfast on Sundays and do some nice drives and have good fun. Eddy

The following users liked this post:
Mikey (09-30-2013)
Old 09-30-2013, 09:28 AM
Received 2,263 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Eddy-

Thanks for posting that info!

I had a look at your club website and think that's one of the best home pages I've ever seen.

JAGNUTS Regina

Good to see that there's lots of activity on the prairies.