Canada All Canadian members please post here...

Any Toronto area meets?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up a 2010 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury with the 5.0L engine. Always up for some meets and wanted to know which dealership you all recommend for the best service in the GTA Area?

Old 11-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't know how local they are for you, but I have always had great service from Budd's in Oakville. They have treated me with the utmost respect, even when we had an issue regarding an alignment. They have gone out of their way to make things a pleasant experience while you are coughing out major $$$$$ having your car maintained. You gotta love the cars as they are not the cheapest to maintain.

Eric

Old 11-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Budd's is pretty close for me (Hamilton) but I can't really afford to be taking my car there. University student+dealership labour rates =

We gotta get the boys together though

Old 01-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey KidRock'n,
For reasonable rates for maintenance without fear, I can't say enough about The Jag Doctor; his number is on 411.ca (mot sure if I can post his number).
Fitzy is a 35year Jaguar Master Tech in Scarborough; I know he's farther away but he actually freelances for Budd's, Grand Touring Auto as well as Just Jags when they can't figure out these classics.
He just helped Ian Johnson of Just Jags do a complete retrofit (dash, interior lights, steering rack & column, horn, switches & headlights) & service (engine tune-up & set-up) of an XJS to export to New Zealand in 2 days last Thursday.
I've known Fitzy (the Jag Doctor) for 12 years and Ian (Just Jags) for longer than that and I can vouch for Fitzy's work anyday and his price is as reasonable as it gets.
Cheers
Peter

Old 01-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Hey Kidrock'n:

Ditto on Ian and the Jag Doc.
I was driving a champagne colour 87 XJ 6 about ten years ago and it was
Ian that kept me on the road when I was fighting a chronic illness and went nearly broke.
If not for Ian's help I would not have been driving at all.
Ian has forgotten more about Jags than most people will ever know.
I do most of my own work myself and so I don't see Ian as often as the old days.
(I also have better cars LOL) Still I consider Ian to be my main go to mechanic.

I guess that is 2 cents worth or so eh?
JustV12

Old 01-22-2011, 12:37 PM

Still thinking of geeting us ontario lads 2getrher in belleville this summer..bout two hours east of the big city..nice roads great driving and views to leave ya shaking ur head..let me knw if antone is interested as the longer i have to plan this the more I can pack into the day.
Side note if any of you local boys want to help me install my stereo iin my x type lemmie know,,project is a year in the making and having hard time fining someone to do it with.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

[yawn] [rubs eyes after waking up from hibernation] Is it spring yet!?

LMAO! Hi guys! I haven't been on here in ages. Been pretty busy over the winter period but I'm in full swing Jag withdrawal. I put my beast into storage at the beginning of November and have been driving a mini-van since.

@IrishXtype - got your message there. I'm not that handy at electrical stuff but maybe if we can entice a couple other guys, we could tag team your X type and have a few brews in the process. I'm totally game for a meet in Belleville - I'm just up in Peterborough so it's not too far. Let's plan for a meet in your neck of the woods once the good weather is here and I unearth my Jag.

@JustV12 - Hi! I'm still alive! Missed the January OJOA meeting. Great photo of Mrs. JustV12 at the Just Deserts and Rewards Night. Hope you guys are having a great winter!

For those of you guys in Ontario that haven't joined the OJOA, make sure you do! I joined this year and what a great group of guys! Lots of great events, meetings etc throughout the year so make sure you guys send in for your membership.

@jasbains. - 2010 Jaguar XF Premium!? Drool. Showed my wife one the other day. Let the games begin!

And for the rest of you - welcome!

Talk to you all soon,
Rob

Old 01-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It would be cool to all meet up! Count me in!

Attached Thumbnails Any Toronto area meets?-car-summer-2010.jpg  
Old 05-01-2011, 02:21 PM

OK everyone, Revival time! Car season is upon us!!!!!!
I have had one heck of a difficult winter with health issues and wobbling around like an old man. I am looking forward to getting back on the road, and Woodbridge is coming up. Get up and get back to me, lets get this Toronto thing happening.

This THURSDAY May 5th Woodbridge!! Be there!!

Thank you for listening.
Back to our regular scheduled program.

JustV12

Old 05-03-2011, 11:17 PM

Hey gents!
Where in Woodbridge?
Cheers
Peter

Old 05-04-2011, 02:30 PM

Hi Cowboy17:

Woodbridge Thursday at around 7:PM is when it starts, and boy it gets GOOD!
The first Thursday is the biggest meeting other than that every Thursday every month from May to October, The Fiat Lancia Club meets with all manner of Italian cars. We park our Jaguars on the perimeter line of spots right about where the stake house is. I think its Montana's or whatever.

You can expect to see every kind of Italian car imagined or aver made. including some seven figure cars...(you read that right) no promises but there is some SPECTACULAR cars that come out. And, NO ONE makes Jaguar jokes.

I see you have and 89 VDP and a couple of XJ-S. Nice choices.
If my wife is there Thursday we will have our XJ-S convertible for sure, (signal red its the one in my avatar) and we will may also have the '62 MK 10 which I will drive. If it's just me I will have one or the other depending on how I feel and the weather etc.

The event is at, Weston Rd and Hwy 7 behind the Canadian Tyre there is a second "ring road" that is called Windflower gate. Use google for directions if you need more.
200 Windflower Gate
Woodbridge, ON L4L

Most important is introduce yourself. You may even meet Spitfire or John or any number of others. If the party is too big and we miss each other leave a note or business card under my wiper.

If you want pics of my cars for POSITIVE identification go to this website My Jaguar Life and klik on the MK 10 owners group or the XJ-S group.

I apologize for the re-direct but I have found uploading pics to this site to be a lot of trouble and I have given up, my apologies to all the mods for that but I have thrown in the towel on it, unless something has changed to make it more direct???

So get to Woodbridge on thursday and intorduce yourself, tell me you are from the Jaguar forum!!
JustV12

Last edited by justV12; 05-04-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:15 PM

Hi JustV12,
Thank you, I'm familiar with the location.
Looking forward meet everyone there, weather forecast looks good.
I'll be driving the XJS (tungsten/grey) with the cat on the hood.
I'll be the Asian guy in brown A2 leather jacket (Spitfire should know) & cowboy boots.
See y'all there!

Old 05-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Dang........

Didn't know that tonight was the first meet of the year, taking my son to "The Railway Children" tonight.

I would have loved to pop out and say hi. I don't usually go to these "meets" as people who own my street cars are not usually "meets" associated.

Whats it like at these get togethers? Does everybody walk around and look at each others cars or do you sit beside your baby and act really cool or as cool as you can, . When is the next one and I will try to come up for a bit with my car (2003 BRG XJR with BBS and Brembo's). Just got to go and get another battery for it. That makes 3 in 5 years, grrrrrrrr.........

Eric

Old 05-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm in boys! I'll see you all there tonight.

Rob

Old 05-06-2011, 06:37 AM

Hey Eric:

Originally Posted by 23racer

Whats it like at these get togethers? Does everybody walk around and look at each others cars or do you sit beside your baby and act really cool or as cool as you can, . When is the next one and I will try to come up for a bit with my car (2003 BRG XJR with BBS and Brembo's). Just got to go and get another battery for it. That makes 3 in 5 years, grrrrrrrr.........

Eric

Eric, all I can say is you'e never seen anything like woodbridge.
It would be really hard to sit by your car looking cool when a $500.000 Ferrari is right across from us. However, no one cares and people greet and do talk about the cars any and all Italian car can and does show up. There is no predicting anything though.
From last night til sometime in October there is a meeting in Woodbridge on every Thursday night starting about 7PM. Look for the biggest meetings to be the first Thursday of every month and June July and August produce the biggest most exciting turnouts.
On big nights it can be past ten oclock when the last car leaves the lot.

Ciao,

Old 05-14-2011, 07:46 AM
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Gents.
Health issues and life changes have kept me away from doing much with cars, or Jags specifically, or this website actually, but I do intend to drop by one of the Thursday meets. Sounds like a great time.

Good to see you all again!
Erik

Old 05-15-2011, 05:00 PM

Hello Eric:?

We have been looking for you.
Great to see you back, sorry to hear about the health stuff.

Well does this mean we can count on you to be at the Ontario Jaguar Owners association Concours d' Elegance?

Same location as last year and many more cars and LOTS of E-Types.

JustV12

Old 05-15-2011, 08:00 PM

Hello all i am in london ontario and am now the new owner of a 1986 xj6, after some work and cosmetic repairs i would really like to meet some local enthusiasts and see some beautiful jaguars!

Old 05-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by justV12
Hello Eric:?

We have been looking for you.
Great to see you back, sorry to hear about the health stuff.

Well does this mean we can count on you to be at the Ontario Jaguar Owners association Concours d' Elegance?

Same location as last year and many more cars and LOTS of E-Types.

JustV12
You better believe it!!!
Wouldn't miss it.

Really looking forward to it actually. Perfect place to give me lots of stupid ideas...

Old 05-16-2011, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Lukeman
Hello all i am in london ontario and am now the new owner of a 1986 xj6, after some work and cosmetic repairs i would really like to meet some local enthusiasts and see some beautiful jaguars!

Hello Lukeman:

Many years ago when I had an 87 XJ-6 I drove to London once a week.
I found on one trip that if I stayed at around 180 KMH (It was an accident I swear) the trip was really quick!
Learned a lesson about how quiet a good Jag could be, hence my surprise at my speed.
Anyway get that thing running well and join us in Woodbridge.
We have Spitfire coming from Peterborough. That is about the same distance from the other direction.

Cheers!

JustV12

Quick Reply: Any Toronto area meets?