Canada All Canadian members please post here...

Anyone leasing an XFR in Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Anyone leasing an XFR in Canada?

I'm seriously looking at an XFR as my next car. It compares favourably to the Mercedes E63, CLS63, and BMW M5 but is thousands less. However, I have no idea what the lease terms are like on this car. BMW, Mercedes, and others all have "calculate my monthly payments" sections on their website. While not 100% accurate it at least gives me a ballpark idea of what I'd be paying.

I could stop into a dealer, but I've been to a couple and they were all practically forcing a pen into my hand to sign a sales contract the moment I walked into the showroom.

My question is to anyone leasing an XFR in Canada, what are the terms of your lease and what are the (ballpark) monthly payments? I'd like to know if it's even worth pursuing before I go into a showroom and start asking for test drives.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leasing Information

Hi JohnEnglish,

I see your post is from August, but if you are still interested in information, you may email me at richard@coventrynorth.com.

I might be able to help.

Best Regards,

Richard

Old 02-19-2012, 08:25 PM

I'm still interested. I'm not going to be seriously looking for a new car for several months, but the XFR does interest me.

- What are the lease rates like on the XFR?
- What are the residuals?
- Does Jaguar allow for multiple security deposits?
- Is a loaner vehicle provided when I drop my vehicle off for service?

Last edited by JohnEnglish; 02-19-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:37 AM

Hi JohnEnglish,

The lease and finance rates change on a monthly basis usually.
What they are today will probably be different when you're ready to do something in a couple of months. This is the same for residual values.

- Right now, the lease rate is as low as 4.1% up to 4.9%, depending on the term.

- The residual values are as high as 55% to 39%, again, depending on the term.

If you were to order one today, colour and options that you would want in your new Jaguar, the car probably wouldn't arrive for at least 2 or 3 months.

It would be wise to consider looking now to put an order in, and get it the way you want it. Not comprimising colour or options would be a great way to buy this car!

- Right now, Jaguar's leasing through a company that does not allow for multiple security deposits.

- I can only speak for our store when it comes to loaner cars. Yes, a loaner is provided when you drop your car off for service.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:46 PM

Iusually custom order my cars so I'm used to waiting several months for it. I don't need the car until the end of the year, that's why I'm not going to be seriously looking for another few months (assuming I'll have to wait 3 or 4 months for it to be built).

- Does Jaguar have a financial services arm or does it use a 3rd party like FinanciaLinx? (checking out the FinanciaLinx website it seems that you do)
- Are the leases closed end or open end leases?
- I'm assuming that a 55% residual would be on a 2 year lease and a 39% residual would be on a 4 year lease?
- What's a typical lease? Do people usualy go for a 48 month / 20,000 km per year lease or something less?

Old 02-22-2012, 12:45 PM

That works perfectly then!
- Yes, Jaguar uses Financialinx right now.
- It is a closed ended lease. Also known as a Walk-Away Lease (for others reading this).
- You are correct on the terms of the residuals (again, they will change by the time you are ready to pull the trigger)
- There isn't really such thing as a 'typical lease'. Every customer is unique in their driving habits and needs. Some buy a Jaguar as a second sometimes even a third car, and won't be driving it always. Some are owners of large corporations and switch cars every 2 years, or drive 40000km's a year. Depending what you are currently driving, how long 'You' would like to lease for, or if you have a desired monthly payment, the term and kilometer allawance will be tailored to your needs.

I hope this helps!
Richard

Old 02-23-2012, 09:37 AM

Yes, very helpful, thank you.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:08 AM

(I thought I would mention that rates and residuals also vary province to province....something to keep in mind)

Old 03-01-2012, 01:47 PM

Ok thanks.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good thread!