Canada All Canadian members please post here...

Best on-line store for shipping to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Best on-line store for shipping to Canada

Being new to the Jag game, I need to find a good on-line resource for parts and accessories that offers reasonable shipping and duty charges to bring them into Canada. I have been a BMW man for a number of years, and there have been many of places to get OEM parts on-line some with no duty at all. I would love to find the equivalent for Jag.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Received 92 Likes on 63 Posts

Hello, Winks,

I'm only an hour away from you. Here's what I've found since I bought my first jag a few years ago.

Locally to us, Carquest carries a lot of regular maintenance items, some universal and some oem, and the prices are great!

Locally to you, 2001 Jaguar XJR Auto Parts in Canada - Canada 2001 Jaguar XJR Auto Parts which carries much more. That link is direct to 2001 XJR.

If you're looking for items specifically packaged with the actual jaguar logo stamped on it then I'd have to say eBay. When I have to buy from the U.S. I usually ask if they can send the item marked as 'Gift' to hopefully avoid the customs/duty fees that only add insult to injury lol.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:47 PM

Thanks Shaune,

I am trying to find a place that will get me OEM parts and specialty tools would be nice.

Mainly the parts that I need are:

-New Rain Sensor (mine is shot and yes I have tried to change the pad)
-Rubber Floor mats
-Transmission dipstick
-Transmission fill tube
-That stupid clip that hold the seal on the transmission filler
-Transmission service parts (gasket, filter, ect)
and any part that I will need in the future

Old 02-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I purchase new ignition coils from AutoPartsWay in Toronto and they were a great price and came in Jaguar packaging- I don't think they have the parts you have listed but ...

Old 03-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Jaguar Owner

Any luck finding a good parts supplier for OEM parts with decent shipping prices?

Old 03-14-2013, 09:33 AM

I did purchase my parts for the brakes through Welsh. They were helpful but I did get burned a bit on the duty, even though I shipped through USPS. RockAuto was good when it came to things like oil filters, the only problem with them is they have items in different warehouses and you have to pay for the shipping from each one.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Jaguar OEM parts

I found that in many cases it makes sense to buy parts directly from UK. The parts are usually a fraction of the US price and shipping charges and duties are similar, so overall you do get a better deal buying from UK.

Here are two that I used with good results:
Jaguar Parts | Land Rover & Range Rover Parts | British Parts UK
GROWLER JAGUAR PARTS - Flash Intro

The following users liked this post:
kenneth rh weichel (10-24-2013)
Old 03-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Received 2,263 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Originally Posted by Winks
I did purchase my parts for the brakes through Welsh. They were helpful but I did get burned a bit on the duty, even though I shipped through USPS.
I'm curious about the subject of paying duty (vs. HST, vs. brokerage fees) on parts brought in via the US. Could you provide more details please?

Old 08-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can tell you that if you do not ship by USPS and ship by Fed Ex or UPS or any other courier you will pay much more. Post is the only way to avoid excessive brokerage fees and extra charges. Eddy

Old 08-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 716 Likes on 514 Posts

I am also looking for a good source for parts _ XKS.com always sends large things by courier and of course the dreaded brokerage fees apply.

After reading through this thread I contacted Growler Jaguar for some rear disc on my 340, but he didn't have any, so he directed here.

Jaguar Parts pricelists from David Manners Ltd

£20.83 for one disc (rotor) seems like a good price, but I don't know what the shipping cost is. One online seller wanted £170.00 to ship a pair to Canada.

That price of £20.83 is for an after market brand _ so who's making them ? A manufacturer in the UK, certainly not Raybestos here in Canada.
I looked for quite a while and I don't think anyone in Canada is re-making rotors for old Jags. The oldest I can find is the beginning of the XJ series and XKE _ anything before that and there is nothing.

While another on eBay.co.uk wanted £25 for each rotor _ I could never figure out the indiscrepancy between sellers, on eBay or from where ever. I guess some are lining their pockets with excessive postage.

Last edited by JeffR1; 08-26-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:38 AM
Location: Innisfil,Ontario,Canada[north of Toronto-south of Barrie-on Lake Simcoe]

Goodday everyone-being a new member-having posed a question-with other members help(thks Mikey & Graham-ive been redirected to this sight-ive a 1989 XJS 12-EVERYTHING IS STILL OEM -NOTHING HSS BEEN REPLACED YET-LITERALLT NOTHING.Its time now-the cooling system and belts are showing their age.im looking for online site(s) to purchase all coolant hoses as after each singular hose I replace-the next hose fails-of course! It stsrted by losing viscousvfan belt-after parking it built pressure and split rside upper rad ive bought all new gatorback belts and hose-put it back together to only have pump to pipe hose fail-i am a tech-i have all licences except aircraft and marine-so working on vehicles and tooling is not an isdue-where to buy?my business has OEM ACCOUNTS WITH DEALERS-DNY accounts like Carquest etc-but id rather drop my $$$ back into the car than support anyone elses income-send me please what you have had to already research and what services you have had sucess with.Shipping duties usps customs are not really aconcern if quality is going to be comprised thru site I hope to gain knowledge of companies and locations that will better me off.Thanks forum in advance...looking forward to your replies

Old 10-22-2013, 06:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 694 Likes on 490 Posts

I stopped shipping any parts to Canada a while ago. The prices are often much higher and when you tack on the shipping and duty the price is usually double. Many of the suppliers ship to a US address for free. I signed up with https://www.kinek.com/ then make a run over the border every month or so. They charge $5 per package to receive them. We often make a weekend of it and then can bring the parts over without any duty charges. If you don't count the shoes my wife buys we save a bundle.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Cameron Stickley
Any luck finding a good parts supplier for OEM parts with decent shipping prices?
Seeing that you live in Kingston Ontario, I would advise you to join the Ottawa Jaguar club. They have a deal set up with the local Jaguar dealership that you would find extremely attractive. You would most likely make back your membership fee's on your very first purchase.

In addition when I purchase parts from Ottawa Jaguar they are delivered to my house within two days and I live just outside Toronto. You would probably get yours the very next day.

The following 2 users liked this post by peddlarbob:
kenneth rh weichel (10-24-2013), Mikey (10-23-2013)
Old 10-23-2013, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by peddlarbob
Seeing that you live in Kingston Ontario, I would advise you to join the Ottawa Jaguar club. They have a deal set up with the local Jaguar dealership that you would find extremely attractive. You would most likely make back your membership fee's on your very first purchase.

In addition when I purchase parts from Ottawa Jaguar they are delivered to my house within two days and I live just outside Toronto. You would probably get yours the very next day.
Bob-

Thanks for posting- exactly the info many of us were looking for. So you order by phone and they pop it in the mail?

Old 10-23-2013, 10:02 AM
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey
Bob-

Thanks for posting- exactly the info many of us were looking for. So you order by phone and they pop it in the mail?
Yes exactly, or if you are in a rush they will arrange a courier to bring it to you. I should add that the guys there really know their stuff as well. Not had one wrong part sent to me "YET". You do have to be a member in good standing of the Ottawa Jaguar club though.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:05 AM

You do have to be a member in good standing of the Ottawa Jaguar club though.
OK, OK, I get the hint!

Old 10-23-2013, 05:32 PM
Received 251 Likes on 169 Posts

When I need OEM/dealer spec parts, I deal with Welsh Enterprises, they are in Ohio, shipping is reasonable, and their prices seem to be the best around (for OEM parts)

Old 10-24-2013, 06:07 AM
Location: Innisfil,Ontario,Canada[north of Toronto-south of Barrie-on Lake Simcoe]

thankyou for replt-first I hope my profile shows im living in Innisfil Ontario not Ottawa im just outside Barrie just north of Toronto ive an account with Jaguar ive found a DNY supplier since that I used in Canada AUTOPARTPLUS.COM and in US AUTOHAUSAZ in Arizona I will check my profile and correct it if itw stated wrong hope its not also suggested was GRAINGER in UK I received all my drive belts now(4) and received almosr all of the hoses stsats sensors gsskets within 30 hours of placing my e order pricing was fantastic I will always price check between all these suppliers that you all at forum have provided me with you all are so valuable for info is the site hoping to use my guild dtstus for TSB'S and ive learned since joining that the forum also has devoted patrons that are and have posted to also cant wait to get my next car keeping them all need one for wife and will let you know what model when I find it again everyone thks and im enjoying the forum so much Ken in INNISFIL(MEKNEK)

Old 10-24-2013, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by kenneth rh weichel
thankyou for replt-first I hope my profile shows im living in Innisfil Ontario not Ottawa im just outside Barrie just north of Toronto ive an account with Jaguar ive found a DNY supplier since that I used in Canada AUTOPARTPLUS.COM and in US AUTOHAUSAZ in Arizona I will check my profile and correct it if itw stated wrong hope its not also suggested was GRAINGER in UK I received all my drive belts now(4) and received almosr all of the hoses stsats sensors gsskets within 30 hours of placing my e order pricing was fantastic I will always price check between all these suppliers that you all at forum have provided me with you all are so valuable for info is the site hoping to use my guild dtstus for TSB'S and ive learned since joining that the forum also has devoted patrons that are and have posted to also cant wait to get my next car keeping them all need one for wife and will let you know what model when I find it again everyone thks and im enjoying the forum so much Ken in INNISFIL(MEKNEK)
PS:just received all my dealer original serv tech repair manuals from USPS PRIORITY MAIL-unfortunately I now have an insurance claim with them for damages-next time I'll ship to relatives in US and have forwarded ss a gift lol ive also have online ALLDATA monthly service contract but I wanted to have the actual Jaguar metal factory binders in my possession im old school I guess

Old 10-24-2013, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by kenneth rh weichel
thankyou for replt-first I hope my profile shows im living in Innisfil Ontario not Ottawa im just outside Barrie just north of Toronto.......... im enjoying the forum so much Ken in INNISFIL(MEKNEK)
Glad you're enjoying the forum. It's been invaluable to many for the care and feeding of our beloved Jags and a great social meeting place too.

Your profile indeed shows Innisfil. I think peddlarbob (who is from Toronto) was illustrating that the Jag dealer in Ottawa ships parts to those not in easy reach of a dealer, and gives a discount to club members to boot.

GT42R has an interesting alternative in Ohio, and I wonder if potentially cheaper prices are offset by higher shipping or hassles at the border.

There again our PM Harper has signed a deal with the EU to enact bilateral free trade. Does this mean that Jags and spares will become duty free? Should I just go have another glass of the kool-aid and stop dreaming?

peddlarbob (10-24-2013)

Quick Reply: Best on-line store for shipping to Canada