Canada All Canadian members please post here...

Clear bra installers recommended Toronto area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 07:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts
Default Clear bra installers recommended Toronto area?

I'd like to get a couple of quotes to have paint protection film installed. Please let me know if you can recommend a local installer in Toronto or north east of T.O. Thank you.

Bruce

Old 04-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

I went to Tint King on the queensway. Got the entire package from 3m for $1000. This included the whole front end, lights, mirrors, a pillar and front of roof, door handles, strip on the back bumper. I am happy with the result.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:42 PM
Veteran Member

Thank you very much for the referral, however I have lined up an installer for Monday that also came highly recommended. Thanks again.

Bruce

Old 04-26-2014, 11:31 AM
Received 251 Likes on 169 Posts

Wow sharx8! You clear wrapped nearly everything! Should keep that indigo blue looking unblemished and perfect!

Bruce, let us know how the clear bra install goes, how extensive you did a job, and how you liked the service.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:17 AM
Veteran Member

I used The Detailing Shop in Newmarket yesterday, and had all of the front, lower sides, A-pilar and edge of roof covered with Suntek clear film. I think the install was done well, the product looks great, and they were good people to work with....however, there's one particularly challenging spot that they had a little trouble with and would like to redo.

The '14 Viper TA has recessed vents on the hood that require an extreme stretching of the film and the Suntek glue had a hard time holding it in the stretched position, and required a lot of working that marked the film slightly. Shawn pointed it out and offered to redo it with a different product that they feel will work better.

He has over 10 years experience with film install, this is my first experience having it done so can't compare with another installer, but it looks great to me, and he appears to be very particular. I'll see how he makes out with the hood in another couple of weeks.

Suntek is completely clear and has no orange peel like some products apparently do. I can recommend it and this installer.

Bruce

The following users liked this post:
GT42R (04-29-2014)
Old 04-29-2014, 10:13 AM

Very good feedback, thank you! Certainly does sound like they mind the details too!

Old 05-08-2014, 02:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce H.
I used The Detailing Shop in Newmarket yesterday, and had all of the front, lower sides, A-pilar and edge of roof covered with Suntek clear film. I think the install was done well, the product looks great, and they were good people to work with....however, there's one particularly challenging spot that they had a little trouble with and would like to redo.

The '14 Viper TA has recessed vents on the hood that require an extreme stretching of the film and the Suntek glue had a hard time holding it in the stretched position, and required a lot of working that marked the film slightly. Shawn pointed it out and offered to redo it with a different product that they feel will work better.

He has over 10 years experience with film install, this is my first experience having it done so can't compare with another installer, but it looks great to me, and he appears to be very particular. I'll see how he makes out with the hood in another couple of weeks.

Suntek is completely clear and has no orange peel like some products apparently do. I can recommend it and this installer.

Bruce
I was wondering how this film works with waxing. For instance I plan to wax my car with carnuba to really bring out the shine (new F type R -- Italian racing red) and had not previously considered this Sentek product.
Lawrence

Old 05-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Veteran Member

I don't know specifics, but my understanding is that you can wax over the film just like paint. Film is very clear and shiny finish, and the bare painted areas don't look any better than the filmed areas on my black car.

The following users liked this post:
Mulmur (05-08-2014)
Old 05-09-2014, 04:59 AM

You can apply a wax right over the clear film installs.

Now, the only question is, why carnuba? There are some much better and longer lasting paint coatings out there on the market....

Old 05-09-2014, 06:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by GT42R
You can apply a wax right over the clear film installs.

Now, the only question is, why carnuba? There are some much better and longer lasting paint coatings out there on the market....
OK, I should mention that I normally use a synthetic wax for long lasting protection and then sometimes use carnuba over that again as it seems to enhance the shine.. at least to my eyes..

I was concerned that applying a 'film' over the paint at the detailers, would sort of cloud the finish a bit.
Lawrence