Canada All Canadian members please post here...

Mechanic Shop Recommendation - Saskatoon

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2022 | 08:43 AM
|
Default Mechanic Shop Recommendation - Saskatoon

I have seen many posts requesting locations to have your car services. I ran into issues with our local dealership, issues that should have never been and answers that allude not only logic but also common sense. I have stepped into the building to find only the manager and head of new sales where the only two individuals that did not leave or were let go. I shifted my business to Calgary (A six-hour drive) as an indicator of my past experiences. I have not been back there for a considerable time and hopefully it has since changed.
When looking for a local service location, I was pleasantly surprised by a shop off the beaten path. The owner and his staff have extensive experience with Jaguar and other European vehicles. I had an issue which he spent much late nights on and would not charge for because he classified it as learning time. Although this is not something I expect, I was very happy and tried to convince him that I do understand that he has to make money, but he would not hear more of it. He was also very accommodating and took the time to explain, I felt like I had access to secret information and repair cheats, it was great. This shop is called "Prairie Autohaus" and it is my recommendation.

If you had as good or better experiences in other locations in Saskatoon, please add to this post.
Kevin