Canada All Canadian members please post here...

NS Day Trip Next Week

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 09:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NS Day Trip Next Week

Hey all,
Even though I live in the States I am still a Canadian citizen, so I guess I am technically a Canadian member.
Anyhow, My wife and I are breaking in my '17 F Type R next week with a road trip back up to Nova Scotia to visit family and have some fun.
We will be in St John, NB Sunday night then grabbing the Monday morning ferry to Digby to cruise down to the Halifax area.
Wednesday is our big day where we will head out of Halifax relatively early in the morning to travel rt 7 up to Cape Breton and then heading towards Inverness to the Glenora Distillery for lunch and a private VIP Single Malt tasting.
I know it is short notice, but was wondering if anyone might be around during those days to meet up, or even be interested in joining in on what should be a fun day of cruising to and around some of Cape Breton (hopefully between rain days and lots of good photo opportunities).

Old 06-06-2017, 06:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 694 Likes on 490 Posts

Wave when you pass through Fredericton, There are a few of us in the Maritimes

Old 06-06-2017, 06:40 PM
GGG
Received 16,866 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Looks around 1200 miles each way before diverting for scenic routes? Should be a great trip.

Looking forward to seeing photos of places I know I'll never get to see for myself.

Graham

Old 06-10-2017, 07:22 PM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

That's quite the cruise! Shame that I'm home from uni for the summer, otherwise I'd run from Sackville, NB to Halifax with you! Safe trip and have fun!

Old 06-15-2017, 08:13 AM
Awd
Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

Sorry to have missed you. Planning a Cape Breton adventure this summer...fall. Love to hear of your highlights.
I should lurk on this side of the Forum more frequently.
Hope your trip went well.
Alan

Old 06-20-2017, 09:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trip went extremely well. Was made a lot easier by being able to change the units on all the digital readouts to metric. Overall the roads were in pretty good condition and we had a week of perfect weather except for the Friday before leaving.
We wound up focused so much on enjoying the driving we only got a couple of shots, and nothing really worth sharing. I did shoot some bits of video at Glenora during the private VIP tasting (highly recommend) and on the roads around it, but not too much. Again, was so nice to just sit back and chill and enjoy the area and the car. F-type turned out to be a really, really good GT car. Went above and beyond my expectations.