Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Audi A6 detailed by Ultimate Shine Autos

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Default Audi A6 detailed by Ultimate Shine Autos

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey guys, just had my A6 detailed by the guys at Ultimate Shine Autos.
The car was suffering from some pretty bad swirl marks / holograming etc. This caused by a combination of early poor wash technique I guess and also some of the paint repairs completed to the bonnet / wings / bumper over the years accounting for the holograming.
In the flesh it still looked great and I got compliments from everyone on how great she looked, but I knew the defects were there.
Crazy I know, but, the night before I thoroughly washed her and detailed the interior then dropped her of with the guys at their unit in Stirling for the 2 day session.

Have to say that she certainly looked much better when I picked her up...The blue was darker / clearer without the swirls eating up the reflections......shiny shiny shiny and smooth as Ice and I was well chuffed!!

Unfortunately Trevor /Clive did not do this justice in their write up as they included small pic in the attached word document, but you get the idea

Attached Files
File Type: docx
J Campbell.docx (665.4 KB, 223 views)
Old 10-18-2010, 01:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

It looks astounding. I know my car looks loads better after some hard detailing. I cannot wait until I get the guts to wet sand it.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  19.3 KB

Thanks Tophatchef, comments appreciated
The guys did a great job on the actual work, but I think the write up needs sumthin as well as decent sized pics that really show before n after......anyway, I'm pleased with the results

Old 10-19-2010, 06:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

That's definitely an ultimate job , I thought they were repainting the car when I first saw the pics lol
Kudos to them and glad you are happy with the result Dear Admin

Old 10-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

An excellent job. Makes me wish I had access to somewhere inside to do detailing work. It is not the same working outside in a carpark!

Old 10-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JimC64

Hey guys, just had my A6 detailed by the guys at Ultimate Shine Autos.
The car was suffering from some pretty bad swirl marks / holograming etc. This caused by a combination of early poor wash technique I guess and also some of the paint repairs completed to the bonnet / wings / bumper over the years accounting for the holograming.
In the flesh it still looked great and I got compliments from everyone on how great she looked, but I knew the defects were there.
Crazy I know, but, the night before I thoroughly washed her and detailed the interior then dropped her of with the guys at their unit in Stirling for the 2 day session.

Have to say that she certainly looked much better when I picked her up...The blue was darker / clearer without the swirls eating up the reflections......shiny shiny shiny and smooth as Ice and I was well chuffed!!

Unfortunately Trevor /Clive did not do this justice in their write up as they included small pic in the attached word document, but you get the ideahttps://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...7&d=1287409017
Thanks Delta...
It rained today and the way the water beaded off the car was amazing to watch. When washed the water just kinda bounces off the paintwork....Its ALL good!!

I really must get a quality wax and try n keep on top of it now!

Old 10-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

It is very satisfying watching rain bubble and run off a newly polished car. I would recommend Autoglym Super Resin Polish. I find it can last 8 months easily and my car always lives outside.