Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Black '02 XKR Polishing

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 05:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Black '02 XKR Polishing

Hi All,

My Black Cat needs a good polish and even maybe a bit of swirl removal.. Normally I guess I would probably use some black t-cut, but being my pride and joy I thought I'd come and ask those who know significantly more than me if you could provide any tips as to how to get the best finish or whether using t-cut is a bad idea or if there are better products available? Any tips as to the best cloths / polishing techniques etc?

Also, being black it gets bloody filthy quite quickly, is there ANY way to slow down this process?!

Thanks and best regards all
Andy

Old 07-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeh, Dont drive it. Black can be complicated and we could go on forever. Go to you tube and punch in Polishing a BLACK car. You need patience to get it right. Black is enormously difficult if you cant machine polish. Are you doing by hand?

Old 08-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Herogenous
Hi All,

My Black Cat needs a good polish and even maybe a bit of swirl removal.. Normally I guess I would probably use some black t-cut, but being my pride and joy I thought I'd come and ask those who know significantly more than me if you could provide any tips as to how to get the best finish or whether using t-cut is a bad idea or if there are better products available? Any tips as to the best cloths / polishing techniques etc?

Also, being black it gets bloody filthy quite quickly, is there ANY way to slow down this process?!

Thanks and best regards all
Andy
Andy,

If you have yet to do this detail look into Adams Fine Machine Polish, it does wonders with a d/a to remove minor defects and fine hairline scratches. Of course you want to prep the vehicle first and decontaminate the surfaces using a Nanoskin towel, Autoscrub or clay.

Do you have a d/a?

If so using a white foam polishing pad you should be able to get the job done. There are so many variables in paint restoration and detailing, its really hard to say without some nice photos...post em if you have em...

The following users liked this post:
Herogenous (10-29-2012)