Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Brake Dust vs Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 138 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Brake Dust vs Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate

BEFORE

AFTER

The Brake Dust

Spray on Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate

Color-changing formula dissolving ferrous brake-dust

Agitating wheel using a Speed Master Wheel Brush

Rinse thoroughly using Fire Hose Nozzle

And that's it! Simple Enough?

PinnacleWax.com

Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate

Speed Master Wheel Brush

Fire Hose Nozzle

Attached Thumbnails Brake Dust vs Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate-img_05046.jpg   Brake Dust vs Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate-img_05354.jpg   Brake Dust vs Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate-img_04985.jpg   Brake Dust vs Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate-img_05005.jpg   Brake Dust vs Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate-img_05087.jpg  

Brake Dust vs Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate-img_05078.jpg   Brake Dust vs Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate-img_05185.jpg   Brake Dust vs Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate-img_05165.jpg   Brake Dust vs Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate-img_05155.jpg   Brake Dust vs Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate-img_05202.jpg  

Brake Dust vs Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate-img_05211.jpg   Brake Dust vs Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate-img_05293.jpg   Brake Dust vs Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate-img_05342.jpg   Brake Dust vs Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate-img_05015.jpg   Brake Dust vs Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate-fire2.jpg  

The following 2 users liked this post by PinnacleWax:
Don B (04-10-2014), JimC64 (03-08-2014)
Old 03-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Looks like a fantastic product, presumably acid free??

I was going to make my own short detailing post, but thought I would post it here as it seems relative.

On my X358 the upper and lower mesh grille are both chrome, the bottom one although shiny, on closer inspection is actually covered in dirt, grime such as exhaust fumes, oil residue etc etc that seems baked on.
I really wanted to clean this to a sharp shine, and as new if possible.

I used Sonax full effect wheel cleaner, a few simple sprays then agitated by a 1" paint brush, leave to dwell and then hosed off and it was simply as good as new.

The Sonax ( acid free ) seems to work similarly, in as much as it is applied clear then turns bright red as it liquifies the brake dust etc.

My assumption is that the Pinacle advanced cleaner concentrate would do the same job, can you please confirm, and do you have any videos to share?

Thank you

Old 03-10-2014, 06:49 PM
GGG
Received 16,868 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by JimC64
......... On my X358 the upper and lower mesh grille are both chrome, the bottom one although shiny, on closer inspection is actually covered in dirt, grime such as exhaust fumes, oil residue etc etc that seems baked on.

I used Sonax full effect wheel cleaner, a few simple sprays then agitated by a 1" paint brush, leave to dwell and then hosed off and it was simply as good as new. .......
Just thought I'd mention.....

Graham

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Veteran Member

That will be an epic fail Graham, as I never took them

Unfortunately there's no point in showing how good it now looks as compared to how good I thought it was prior to the treatment, but it is.

Sorry for the fail guys.....

Old 03-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Looks like a fantastic product, presumably acid free??

I was going to make my own short detailing post, but thought I would post it here as it seems relative.

On my X358 the upper and lower mesh grille are both chrome, the bottom one although shiny, on closer inspection is actually covered in dirt, grime such as exhaust fumes, oil residue etc etc that seems baked on.

I used Sonax full effect wheel cleaner, a few simple sprays then agitated by a 1" paint brush, leave to dwell and then hosed off and it was simply as good as new.

The Sonax ( acid free ) seems to work similarly, in as much as it is applied clear then turns bright red as it liquifies the brake dust etc.

My assumption is that the Pinacle advanced cleaner concentrate would do the same job, can you please confirm, and do you have any videos to share?

Thank you

Like Sonax, Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate is an Acid Free color changing cleaner. Pinnacle has several advantages though:

Similar
  • Safe for ALL wheel finishes
  • Color-changing formula dissolves embedded brake-dust particles
  • Acid-free formula is safe for the environment

Different
  • Concentrated formula – dilute up to 1:3 with water
  • Foaming action clings to the surface, increasing dwell time

JimC64 (03-11-2014)
Old 03-11-2014, 06:59 PM
GGG

I've used Sonax on Jim's recommendation and am impressed with the results.

It is an expensive product and your Concentrated formula – dilute up to 1:3 with water makes Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner a very attractive alternative.

Graham

JimC64 (03-11-2014)
Old 03-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by PinnacleWax
Like Sonax, Pinnacle Advanced Wheel Cleaner Concentrate is an Acid Free color changing cleaner. Pinnacle has several advantages though:

Similar
  • Safe for ALL wheel finishes
  • Color-changing formula dissolves embedded brake-dust particles
  • Acid-free formula is safe for the environment

Different
  • Concentrated formula – dilute up to 1:3 with water
  • Foaming action clings to the surface, increasing dwell time

Pinnacle - I have an idea .....lol

As I have been such an ardent fan of Sonax this past year or so, I bought 6 bottles last time as they are hard to find over here, and I believe the product is amazing.

The more I look at your Advanced wheel cleaner concentrate, the more I definitley see the similarities and I'm sure I could be persuaded on the additional pro's too.

I think you should send me a bottle to try against the Sonax I've used for years, a side by side comparision, then of course I can post the results

Old 03-12-2014, 03:38 AM
GGG

......... a side by side comparision, then of course I can post the results
Will there be a involved in this testing?

Graham

Old 03-12-2014, 01:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Pinnacle - I have an idea .....lol

As I have bee nsuch an ardent fan of Sonax this past year or so, I bought 6 bottles last time as they are hard to find over here, and I believe the product is amazing.

The more I look at your Advanced wheel cleaner concentrate, the more I definitley see the similarities and I'm sure I could be persuaded on the additional pro's too.

I think you should send me a bottle to try against the Sonax I've used for years, a side by side comparision, then of course I can post the results
Hey Jim,

Let me talk with my manager and it will have to wait until after this weekend. We are really busy getting ready for the Autogeek Detail Fest. But I'll let you know what we can do.

Also after this weekend, let me know when we can start setting up the next big Giveaway for Pinnacle Wheel products

Thanks

Old 03-12-2014, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by GGG
Will there be a involved in this testing?

Graham
Lol for sure, probably several, maybe even a video

Originally Posted by PinnacleWax
Hey Jim,

Let me talk with my manager and it will have to wait until after this weekend. We are really busy getting ready for the Autogeek Detail Fest. But I'll let you know what we can do.

Also after this weekend, let me know when we can start setting up the next big Giveaway for Pinnacle Wheel products

Thanks

Thanks Pinnacle..........as stated looking forward to the next big giveaway......I'm sure it'll be well subscribed as it was the last time!!

Shortly after the 29th, then we'll run with it for you and give it our FULL Attention

PinnacleWax (03-13-2014)
Old 11-12-2018, 12:42 PM
Received 177 Likes on 92 Posts
Default My Choice

Can't speak for the products listed above since I haven't used them. However, I have been using Mothers Wheel and Tire cleaner with excellent results over the years. The pic below is from my 1998 Mustang Saleen. I use the product often (each car wash) with no Ill effects what so ever.