Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Ceramic Coat Soft/Scratching - Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2023, 01:31 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Ceramic Coat Soft/Scratching - Help Needed

Looking to see if anyone else has experienced this before, and/or has any ideas as to if this is normal or if what a solution can be.

Last fall I had a very reputable shop ceramic coat my Gallardo in Kenzo IGL ceramic coat. The car looked amazing, like glass. However, very quickly I noticed that you couldn't touch the car without scratching the car. I had something on my gas door, and when I gently wiped it with my finger, that left a fingers width worth of fine scratches on the car (in the ceramic coat, not actually scratching the car obviously).

The detailer had never seen anything like this, so this spring they removed and reapplied the coating. After 4-5 days of curing...same problem. In the daylight, the car looks amazing, but in my garage under my garage lights you can see these fine scratches. These were done by my hand, with almost no pressure applied to the car. Just running my fingers up and down gently on the gas door.

Thoughts? The detailer hasn't seen this issue before, the manufacturer (Kenzo) has nothing to say about it, and the only thing my detailer can think of now is to remove and apply with Expel Fuzion to see if that product bonds better.

Is the Gallardo clear coat known for being difficult to apply over?

Old 12-08-2023, 05:33 AM
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't see an answer to this and it has been quite awhile. I am a retired Pro Detailer and both those products are not known to be that hard, although they "Claim" they are. Your detailer should fix it and guarantee the results.
Bottom line I found Feynlabs to be pretty much superior to any other Ceramic out there. No interest in the company other than my cars won more awards in shows than any other product I used/tested. If your detailer is going to make you pay move on and find a Feynlabs detailer.
If that car came out of my shop I would be changing products and doing yours over at my expense.
Having said that what kind of towels are you using and if they have been used how are you washing and drying them?