Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Ceramic tint

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 04:35 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Ceramic tint

I'm going to have ceramic tint put on all my windows including the windshield. They claim it stops 98percent of uv Ray's. That should make a huge difference in hot Texas summers. Anyone have any experience with this and can attest to it?

Old 07-18-2021, 08:12 AM
Received 153 Likes on 85 Posts

Well, in South Carolina we're not strangers to hot summers either. I've l my vehicles tinted over the last two years by the same shop. When I brought one of my cars in to get done my tint guy offered ceramic tint for a few dollars more and I said sure go for it. Honestly I don't see any difference between standard tint and ceramic. Possibly the ceramic will hold up a little better and be more resistant to scratches.

The claim that the ceramic tint stops 98% of UV rays is totally possible. However, UV rays and light are two different things. Just remember you won't get sunburned through a window but, that doesn't mean you won't get hot. Just saying

Good luck

Old 07-18-2021, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Shoreguy
Well, in South Carolina we're not strangers to hot summers either. I've l my vehicles tinted over the last two years by the same shop. When I brought one of my cars in to get done my tint guy offered ceramic tint for a few dollars more and I said sure go for it. Honestly I don't see any difference between standard tint and ceramic. Possibly the ceramic will hold up a little better and be more resistant to scratches.

The claim that the ceramic tint stops 98% of UV rays is totally possible. However, UV rays and light are two different things. Just remember you won't get sunburned through a window but, that doesn't mean you won't get hot. Just saying

Good luck
You won't get sunburned through a window? You must not drive during the summer. When I drive I've gotten sunburn from the sun shining through the windshield or the sunroof so I know for a fact that you can. Also go to your car on a hot sunny day. Put your hand about 1 inch from the window. See how much heat you feel. Now go do the same on a car without ceramic tint. You'll see the difference. There's also varying protection of ceramic tint. There's the cheap one that block like 75%. Then there's a middle one and the top of the line which blocks 98%

Old 07-18-2021, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Joonp
I'm going to have ceramic tint put on all my windows including the windshield. They claim it stops 98percent of uv Ray's. That should make a huge difference in hot Texas summers. Anyone have any experience with this and can attest to it?
I also live in Texas and it's helps. It's hot in tx so don't expect to go to your car on a hot day and it will be cool inside. When it's 100 degrees outside your car will be 100 degrees. What it will do is stop uv rays from bleaching the inside of your car, causing more heat from the uv rays, and won't bubble or peel like regular tint. I've had mine for 2 years and I've done the window test. I got mine done at vive where are you getting yours done

Old 02-04-2022, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes. Love it. Ask me anything, Caryn