Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Englewood Auto Spa

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Englewood Auto Spa

Hey Everyone,

I was thinking of taking my car here to get a good detailing done(its been two years since I've had her waxed or detailed in any way) their prices seem to be pretty decent and every time I pass by there I always end up seeing nice cars sitting outside or waiting in line to get washed . Has anyone ever been there or heard anything about the place? They are located in Englewood NJ

This is the detail that i'm thinking about getting done: http://www.englewoodautospa.com/monterey.html

Also, what do you y'all think about what they include in this detail? I liked this one because they said that they treat the leather with Connolly's, and I really think that the interior, especially the seats need a good detailing.

Thanks,

Mat

Last edited by mattrains; 04-19-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  19.3 KB

Looks pretty good from where I'm standing matt.....I'm not sure and Dave at Innovative detailing ( our resident detailer ) is probably miles away from you, but if not, worth considering.
Either way you could always ask his advice?
Dave's a top man!

Either way, keep us informed and maybe post up some pics?

Old 04-21-2010, 03:25 PM

Thanks Jim!

And to Dave,

Could you please give me your opinion of what they have listed on their website? I have some light swirl marks and was hoping that this would take care of it.

Mat

Old 04-22-2010, 12:51 AM
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by mattrains
Thanks Jim!

And to Dave,

Could you please give me your opinion of what they have listed on their website? I have some light swirl marks and was hoping that this would take care of it.

Mat
Mat,

looking at the website it all looks good, I would just inquire about their paint reconditioning proceedure.....Honestly the word "compound" scares me, this usually means abrasives...I like the word "cleaner" its not so harsh. I would ask them the following...

Paint recondioning methods and machines used....Will they be using a rotary polisher to compound?, if so foam or wool pads...For the polishing will they be using the rotary or D/A and for the wax or sealant is this applied by D/A or hand.

Find out the following....

Compound brand
Polish brand

Make sure they guarantee a 100% swirl free finish and no fillers to hide any paint defects. I would also ask them if they work with a paint gauge meter when doing the corrections...

Hope this helps!

If you want I can check with my network and give you some other names as well....

Old 04-22-2010, 03:55 PM

Dave,

Thank you for the advice I will definitely ask them the questions that you suggested. If you could give me some other names too I would really appreciate it, the only thing is that I don't want to spend an arm and a leg to get her detailed, I would like to keep the price comparable to what this place would be charging me ($299), and still get the whole package inside and out.

Thanks again for your help so far,

Mat

Old 04-23-2010, 04:49 PM

Dave,

I just got off the phone with them and I was told that they use a lot of simonize products, and something called zymol vinatage for the wax. I asked about a guarantee for getting out swirls and he said that they love doing black cars and that they are great at getting out swirl marks. For the interior he said that they shampoo everything and then go around with a toothbrush and toothpics to get into all of the nooks and crannies and get everything clean. They then shampoo and condition the seats with Connollys. This is plus all of the other stuff that they have listed on their website for what they do. (http://www.englewoodautospa.com/monterey.html) The guy also seemed pretty knowledgeable as to the whole process.

What do you think?

Mat