Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Zaino. I highly recommend....

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 04:58 AM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

[I personally have heard some negatives with all this new nano tech, the one that specifically caught my attention were the health risks associated with them..... ]

Would you elaborate on this pls...

Old 07-03-2011, 03:54 AM
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by TOGWT
Would you elaborate on this pls...
Here is a recent article that discusses the following...........

Nanotechnology & Respiratory Risks

Studies suggest that exposure to nano-sized particles contributes to pulmonary problems like lung disease and decreased lung function....

I know myself that if I don't need to expose myself to more risk, why do so.....

Old 07-04-2011, 05:09 AM

Thanks for the info

There are reasons (some valid and IMO some not) that some nano products cannot be imported to US

[Respirators would come last on that list if the other methods are not successful at reducing exposure to your target level or they are not an option for whatever reason] quote from article cited

A HEPA filer fitted to respirator would be more affective than exhaust fans, without a respirator you would be in 'the line of fire' , as it were as the particulates are on their way to the exhaust fan

Last edited by Togwt; 07-04-2011 at 05:15 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,717 Likes on 1,216 Posts

other than that posting in the click& brag section for non-pros, is in my opinion, little more than ego gratification.

TOGWT I have to disagree with the above. I personally throughly enjoy when Dave posts up his detailing or paint correction photos/vids.

The following users liked this post:
Innovative Detailing (07-04-2011)
Old 07-04-2011, 12:17 PM

Thanks for the info
You are welcome....now you can use this info in your blog

Originally Posted by joycesjag
TOGWT I have to disagree with the above. I personally throughly enjoy when Dave posts up his detailing or paint correction photos/vids.
Rick and everyone else.....I so much appreciate your support, as you know I have absolutely no need to post this stuff other than to give you all some cool reading materials and to hopefully inspire all of you "Jag" owners to get out and detail your Jags.....My goal here is not for my gratification, but more for your Jaguar community to see and learn, and pick up tips and hints. My work is real, clients real and my labor of love I have for detailing is real.....

Please remember if any of you have any sort of detailing related questions....you can ask here on the forum, call me direct @ 714-715-9397, email me, facebook me, skype me if needed......Its all good!

I again thank you all for inviting me here to be your "Resident Detailer", its been an honor

Last edited by Innovative Detailing; 07-04-2011 at 01:29 PM.
aholbro1 (07-04-2011)
Old 07-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Received 123 Likes on 104 Posts

David,

I would also like to add my thanks as well---throughly enjoy the before and after pics---gives me motivation to carve out some time for my automotive hobbies which yield enjoyment. May all of us in the U.S have a great & safe 4th of July.

Innovative Detailing (07-04-2011)
Old 07-05-2011, 04:12 AM

[You are welcome....now you can use this info in your blog]

Thanks but there is an existing paragraph in the Nanotechnology section -

Health and environmental concerns

Due to concerns over nanomaterial risks, there has been a dramatic increase in focused safety research. A major study published more recently in Nature Nanotechnology suggests some forms of carbon nanotubes – a poster child for the “nanotechnology revolution” – could be as harmful as asbestos if inhaled in sufficient quantities.

Anthony Seaton of the Institute of Occupational Medicine in Edinburgh, Scotland, who contributed to the article on carbon nanotubes, said "We know that some of them probably have the potential to cause mesothelioma.
So those sorts of materials need to be handled very carefully." In the absence of specific nano-regulation forthcoming from governments (Paul, J. & Lyons, K. (2008) Nanotechnology: The Next Challenge for Organics) have called for an exclusion of engineered nanoparticle from organic food
[A newspaper article reports that workers in a paint factory developed serious lung disease and nanoparticle were found in their lungs]

Information Resource

Nano materials can be just as carcinogenic as asbestos- When nanotubes are dangerous | Health | EarthSky

Nanoparticle Safety - Nanoparticle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Toxicological Sciences - Nanotechnology Safety Concerns Revisited

C.Quartz MSDS - http://rionix.homejoa.com/web/doc/msds_C.Quartz.pdf

Old 07-06-2011, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by j_bond
Absolute best polish/wax out there.... OH AND THAT IS NOT A PINSTRIPE, IT'S A HORIZON LINE!!! MY PAINT IS LIKE A MIRROR NOW

Nice to hear this.......I believe if the product works for you, stick with it!

No reason to re invent the wheel......Reflections are looking fabulous, great job!

Old 08-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by j_bond
Absolute best polish/wax out there.... OH AND THAT IS NOT A PINSTRIPE, IT'S A HORIZON LINE!!! MY PAINT IS LIKE A MIRROR NOW
your wheels i see you mentioned they were from ebay, what was the auction, is it in your history, i like those wheels! thanks!

Old 08-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

The amount of exposure seems a factor. How about detailing a car four times a year? I'm using Zaino and the results are great on my '97 and Cayman. Will a charcoal mask prevent the potentially harmfull particles from reaching the lungs? Too bad, love the smell.

Attached Thumbnails Zaino.  I highly recommend....-1920_iml_4257.jpg