E-Pace 2018 - Onwards

Engine Warning Light stays on and car won't shift

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Warning Light stays on and car won't shift

I have a 2020 Jaguar E-Pace/R-Dynamic/SE. It had been running great since I bought it. About a month ago I pushed the start button and the car started but the yellow engine light and yellow brake light STAYED ON instead of flashing for a second and then going away. At this point I was not able to shift the car out of park. So the engine was running but the car was stuck in park with 2 yellow warning lights on. While cycling on I also received a "Gearbox fault detected" message and a " Park brake fault detected" in the screen area below the warning lights. I turned the car off, waiting 5 minutes, and then tried again. On the fourth 5 minute cycle, the car allowed me to shift it out of park even though the yellow engine light STAYED ON. Over the last month this same thing has happened 4 times. Once I got it to shift again I drove it to the dealer and the dealer kept my car for 4 days but was unable to replicate the issue so they gave me my car back only to have it happen again 4 days later. Has anyone seen anything like this? Do they have any troubleshooting tips I could pass on to the dealer? Thanks, Tom

First error message

Second error message

Screen after pressing OK several times. Car wouldn't shift out of park at this point.