E-Pace 2018 - Onwards

Gearbox Fault warning - issue with TCM

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2024, 03:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearbox Fault warning - issue with TCM

Hi I purchased a 2019 E Pace P200 back in September last year and have had no issues since then, until a week or so ago when I went to start my car and could not get the engine to start On the dashboard it flashed up Gearbox fault and after several failed attempts to start it I had to call my local garage. They were able to get it to start by taking the shifter casing off and doing something manually, and managed to drive it to their garage. They have since told me that it is an issue with the TCM, which at first they reprogrammed and stated that the car was running like normal again during several test drives. I picked the car up and lo and behold, 25 mins later it happened again. This time I had to be towed to the garage, who have since told me that they are going to need to replace the TCM with a new one, at a cost of circa £2,500. My Jaguar warranty expired in January and I am about 700km over the dealer warranty, so at present I am on the hook for this bill. Given the car has only done 60,000km I am just surprised at how something so fundamental could fail at such an early stage... has anyone else had this issue ? The garage has noted that this is a common issue with this car and I might be able to get it repaired for free via recall but I have no idea how to check this Any help much appreciated! Thanks

Old Yesterday, 07:40 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

All dealers know how to research what recalls apply to your vehicle. Just make an appointment.

Similarly, most makes keep a ‘recall’ website. Since I have no idea where in the world you are, I will only produce the website for USA: https://www.jaguarusa.com/ownership/vin-recall.html
Note that recalls often vary by country

Also, your dealer is your best resource for up to date recall info. I would not trust the website for something so concerning.

No matter how you proceed with this research, you will need your VIN, so make sure you have it readily available.