E-Pace 2018 - Onwards

I have arrived

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2021 | 09:23 PM
|
Default I have arrived

2 hours to the dealer, 5 hours there, 2 hours home, and I'm tired. But it was worth it, to get my wife's anniversary present, a P250 SE with every option she wanted. I have to say the look and technology packed together is the perfect combination. And despite being the p250, it is really quick and pulls hard even at high speeds. But you wouldn't know it, the stability and comfort is fantastic as well. It really reminds me of my xkr in terms of control. And as much as I love it, my wife loves it more.

5 year subscription included, I'm not sure what happens after it expires. The remote start app depends on it, even if other services stop. Is there some how I can keep it going? Does jaguar just assume no one owns their cars for longer than 5 years? I asked at the dealer but they didn't have an answer for me.

I have arrived-kedc4am.jpg

I have arrived-ixfgq0s.jpg

I have arrived-brbcnmd.jpg

I have arrived-bzt5wxu.jpg

I have arrived-ceng4uk.jpg

I have arrived-cixkaou.jpg

I have arrived-3nh0cmq.jpg

I have arrived-5ouufto.jpg

I have arrived-apmfxkg.jpg

I have arrived-fit7glv.png

Old 07-11-2021 | 05:44 AM

Very nice...I wished my info entertainment system is like that and I will drive a lot of out state tour. I like your E Pace...it's cute...I betcha it will be an eye catcher to a lot of people who sees it. I'm new to the Jaguar world myself having owned my 2018 XF for only 5 months. I hope this will be my last car. No EVs for me ...

Last edited by 2018XF25T; 07-11-2021 at 06:02 AM.
Old 07-11-2021 | 11:11 AM
|

My wife said she wanted an SUV to replace her fusion, she wanted something higher up. I looked at ford, chevy, toyota, mitsubishi, bmw, mercedes, lexus, and all of their infotainment systems were dated. Even Jaguar's 2020 system is a bit dated, but the 2021 system really top notch. First we were looking at 2018/19 off a lease but the price really wasn't saving much, plus with the 0.9% financing for 60 months that was nice.

The material quality is amazing, all the little things like the gentle illumination at the door handles and dock at night, the hidden leaper in the tail lights, the ground illumination of the jaguar when you open the doors. The dash is something I really enjoy as well, having navigation there all the time is really nice. The HUD was an option I found late in the game, but I really do like that as well. Sure, it's a $1000 extra, and takes some getting used to, but I do like it. The clearsight interior rear view mirror feels like it's fake, it's really strange looking. The only annoying part is that memory seats aren't an option, they're a trim level, you get them with the SE. There s a lot you get with the SE vs the base, but I don't think memory seats should be one of them. My wife will be the driver 90% of the time, but we have extremely different seating positions, and it would be tedious to change it every time.

I spent months going over all the car brands, sitting in them, driving them, playing with their features and equipment. And price came into play as well, with similar equipment the ford/chevy/toyota/mitsubishi at ~43-45k was only slightly lower than the Jaguar, and the bmw/mercedes/lexus at ~55-58k was only slightly higher. Sure, a 10k difference seems like a lot, but the Jaguar is only 18% more expensive compared to the cheaper counter-parts, which, while not bad cars, just didn't feel as nice. And BMW/mercedes/lexus infotainment systems have been out for a while now, and are dated. Their screens are small and the interfaces are a bit complicated. Jaguar's new pivi pro really made a big difference.

It's like when I first got my XKR, when I'm sitting in the living room I'm thinking about the e-pace, and I wonder if it's thinking about me too.

I have arrived-bdsfktx.jpg

The following users liked this post:
Krob24 (11-19-2021)
Old 07-15-2021 | 01:00 PM

What were you referring to by "hidden leaper in the tail lights"? I wonder if I also have this on my 2018 P250S? I do have the downlighted cat from the mirror.

Old 07-15-2021 | 03:57 PM
|

In the corner of the tail light, etched into the glass, there's a leaper that you can just barely see.

Old 09-11-2021 | 01:30 AM
|

Had an odd issue with moderate to stiff braking, and I told the dealer that when I took it into first service, at about 1200 miles. They told me there was a service bulletin out for that very issue, and likely a recall down the line. However they fixed it up for me. Because it was an extended service, they gave me a loaner, a land rover discovery sport. My wife immediately was disgusted with it. She complained the whole day about it's looks/style/just everything. She is not a car person, and operates solely on feelings. And she had bad ones towards that car. I told her it was a 2020 model, and if she had gotten a 2020 e-pace, it would look like that. The 2020 vs 2021 revamp is really night and day.

Anyway, the dealer had the car for a full 8 hours until it was ready to go. They even gave it a wash and vacuum. I paid for the inspection/emissions stickers only, and I was on my way. The grinding noise was fixed, although I'll be checking for it periodically to see if it resurfaces.

Old 09-14-2021 | 12:06 PM

Glad to hear that the problem was fixed easily. Do you have specifics on the issue that they found?

Still enjoying the ride?

Old 11-23-2021 | 08:47 PM
|

Nearly 6 months in and just under 4000 miles. The car is great, really fantastic. However, there are 3 things that annoy me. And they really annoy me. A lot. I feel like the developers never tested their car after dark.
  • The top down camera system is completely useless after dark. I mean woefully. But that's ok because you have mirrors, right?
  • No. Your side mirrors will have a small circle lamp illuminated in the dark at stopped or low speed near the blind spot warning lamps. This renders it impossible to use the mirror to see anything.
  • Max temp, engine warm, blower is blowing cool air. Down one tick to 83F and it blows hot air. For about a minute, then cooler air again. If I want to roast, I want to roast. Make it roast. I don't know where the sensor is but it shouldn't matter. MAX means MAX.

Old 11-24-2021 | 05:07 PM

GORGEOUS spec! Enjoy!

Old 11-30-2021 | 06:43 PM
|

This light on the mirror comes on when you are stopped or in reverse. In low light or no light situations, it renders the rear mirror completely unusable. And as a result, it's much more difficult to back the car into the parking space every single time i'm out after dark.

I have arrived-dcvszx8.jpg