E-Pace 2018 - Onwards

Vehicle Software update

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 06:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vehicle Software update

Hello everybody!

I'm new to the forum and I've always wanted to ask this question that the official Jaguar garages can't solve.

I have a 2018 jaguar e-pace 2.0D 150hp FWD R-DYNAMIC.
The thing is that in version information when you check in the update menu it shows the version of InControl Touch Pro 21B but in the vehicle software information it does not show anything, it is "BLANK".

When I click on update at the bottom of the vehicle software remains infinitely the colored circle of load.

The vehicle is connected to the 3G network via SIM card and I have also tried with WIFI.

I also know that there is a new version of ICTP (22A I think) but my OTA system does not offer me any new version when I click on update ICTP (It does not freeze). It only tells me that there are no updates.

I'm launching a new question in this same message. I live in Spain and I don't have DAB Radio but in theory my car has it. Is this normal? When I press BAND I can only choose between FM/AM.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Greetings!!!

Old 04-04-2024, 03:57 PM
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

We have the same issue with our 2018 E-PACE P300 R-Dynamic as well as our 2018 F-Type R-Dynamic coupe. I've even asked my favorite JLR dealer if they can update either. No luck. I believe that Jaguar is no longer supporting software updates on MY2018 vehicles as they are too old and don't have 5G capability. If I correctly recall, for a short while, Jaguar would change from 3G to 2G in order to provide OTA updates. That didn't last long. Same thing with updating maps via Here.com. My daughter's 2015 Toyota lost its ability to update software and maps for the very same reason. It's kinda like having a DVD player that can't play Bluray DVDs. Ask me how I know that.

Old 04-28-2024, 11:13 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ichi Ban
I believe that Jaguar is no longer supporting software updates on MY2018 vehicles as they are too old
A 6 year old vehicle that is no longer being provided software updates.
The claim being that at 6 years old, a vehicle is so old, that no support is being offered for software
Really?
Is this how long vehicles last today? Seems so disposable.
I have a 19 epace and have had no issues updating the software.
Sounds like I have 12 months before my car is deprecated and rendered disposable.

So are you seeing a huge discount on 2018 Jags due to this baloney?
I mean if all this is true, then 2018 jags will be selling for pennies on the dollar. Truly, who buys a used car wherein all software support has been publicly announced as discontinued?

I would think that If any of this were true, there would be a huge flood of 6 year old vehicles flooding the market at enormous discount prices. Even if only Jag engaged in this practice, there would be discount jags everywhere that are 6 years old, no?

Old 04-29-2024, 07:45 AM
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

The change to 5G made 4G obsolete. 4G software could not be upgraded to 5G. If I correctly recall, as a stopgap Jaguar downgraded the software to 2G for about one year until the FCC killed 2G. Our 2016 XF, 2017 XE, 2018 F-PACE and 2018 F-Type all had the same expiration of software & navigation updates as our 2018 E-PACE. I live with it as I find the Jaguar driving experience to more than offset any technology limitation.

There shouldn't be any need to update the vehicle software. After five years the software should be sorted out. If you think there is a problem with the software on your E-PACE take it in to your local dealer to have the software rebooted. If you want the latest in navigation maps, use Apple Car Play or Android Auto to stream Google maps to your infotainment system. Google maps even provides traffic updates. That's where all vehicle manufacturers are these days. For example, Subaru and Toyota USA now make installed navigation maps an option for vehicles that have the capability. How do I know? My daughter bought a new 2023 Toyota Sienna van and my neighbor bought a new 2023 Subaru. I think that the same is true of my neighbor's 2022 Chevy pickup truck as well as various late model Toyota vehicles that my friends and family members own. None of these vehicles came with a navigation map and none can be retrofitted. Providing and updating navigation maps & software is expensive. In-vehicle navigation systems have gone the way of the dodo bird - extinct. Just like 8-track stereo systems, cassette tapes, CD players and DVD players, the technology is obsolete. Even spare tires (compact spare tires at that!) seem to now be an option in some vehicles and unavailable to many more. Bimmers of any flavor seem to have dispensed with spare tires. Buy a computer these days. Software support ends after 10 years and anti-virus/software updates end well before that. I can go on and on with examples but I won't bore you.

Be more concerned about the U.S. government eliminating gas stations in exchange for EV chargers. Leaded gas? Long gone. Try to find non-ethanol gas in the U.S. With the exception of aviation fuel at general aviation airports non-ethanol fuel is difficult to find.

While I'm anything but a technology buff, like it or not, I've been trying to accept "progress".