E-Pace 2018 - Onwards

Would you buy/lease E-Pace again?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 11:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts
Default Would you buy/lease E-Pace again?

What's your ownership experience like? Would you do it all over again?

Old 07-13-2020, 07:22 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am new to the E-Pace, so I am basing this off of new user experience only. I will have to see how I feel in three years. But...based on new user experience...Yes, I would purchase another E-Pace. I would probably make some slightly different choices, such as getting a Checkered Flag edition and maybe looking for some options that fit me better. I purchased off the lot and had the packages that were there.

Five months in and I am very happy. Still going through the break in process (still under 2K because of COVID19), but I look forward to really trying out the get up and go after that.

Old 01-09-2021, 08:52 AM
BHF
Received 94 Likes on 42 Posts

We have had ours for a little over 8000 miles/1 year. It’s my wife’s daily driver. She loves it. We have had no issues and would definitely buy another. If I use one word to describe the performance I’d say “effortless”. It just goes. Comfortable for long trips and enough room for all the stuff she needs when we travel. Time will tell but so far so very good.

Old 01-10-2021, 04:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Certainly

I have owned a Jaguar E-Pace since June 18 and it is due for renewal this year. It has not been trouble free, especially with the infotainment software which at times has been frustrating but to be fair, Jaguar have upgraded it and each time it gets more stable but it should have been right first time. The software updates are now OTA which is much more convenient. After 6 months I had a major failure of the transfer box but once again was fixed quickly under warranty. I am planning to renew it with another E-Pace this year but will probably choose Petrol over Diesel as my mileage is a lot less nowadays and I don’t want any DPF issues. It is a great sporty and comfortable drive and looks beautiful, what more could a Jaguar owner want ?

Old 01-14-2021, 09:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Very Happy with my E-Pace

I have had my 2018 E-Pace for almost 2 years, and I like this vehicle. I have owned other SUV's, BMW X3 and Acura RDX, and the little Jaguar is my favorite. I am an active senior with a BMW 4 series convertible, too, but the E-Pace is my daily driver. I had a few small issues initially, but my dealer was terrific to solve them quickly and under warranty. The 5 year warranty and service is a huge benefit for this type of car. What I enjoy most is the driving experience. It handles well, has enough power, comfortable interior, and adequate space in the back for me. Best of all, it looks great. I am over 6 ft. tall, and this car is more comfortable than my previous SUVs. The dealer provided me with an upgrade at no charge and added the Apple Carplay, which is all I need. I like the driver assist options, and find the blindspot monitor to be the most helpful. My mileage has been on spot with the manufacturer's claim. Would I buy again? Maybe, but I have my eye on a new I-Pace in a couple of years!

Old 04-19-2021, 10:52 AM
Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

We have a 2018 First Edition that is due for turn-in February 2021. It is my wife's and she loves it especially in the winter. Her previous car was a 1997 XJ6L that had separate winter and summer tires, but the AWD EPace for her is much better. The First Edition spec and trim level is very complete offering everything she wants and performance capability she will never use. I am currently getting monthly offers to "upgrade" to a P250S AWD. This is a trim and spec downgrade for essentially year old vehicle with $5k of credit from JLR but still requiring $2327 at signing. I'm guessing 10 months from now I'll be able to get a 2021for similar terms. I'll also look at the Macan, X3 and Q3 again. Although one thing going for the Epace is there is not one on every corner where I live.
It has been very reliable except for the remote starting from her iPhone which needs a reboot occasionally.

Old 02-18-2022, 06:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes. In fact just turned in our flawless 19’ F Pace and leased a beautiful E Pace. We shopped all brands. BMW, Caddy, Lexus and more. The Jag stood alone. We had zero issues with our F Pace. Zero.

Old 02-19-2022, 06:10 AM
Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Keeping it

We decided to keep the 2018. The lease buyout is way less expensive than new. The vehicle has 7500 miles on it . We were offered more than the buyout price, but what is available is limited and marked up 5k over MSRP. We’ll see about warranty extension although I’m inclined to save the money and pay as necessary.

Old 02-19-2022, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by dagny747
We decided to keep the 2018. The lease buyout is way less expensive than new. The vehicle has 7500 miles on it . We were offered more than the buyout price, but what is available is limited and marked up 5k over MSRP. We’ll see about warranty extension although I’m inclined to save the money and pay as necessary.
with only 7,500 miles yea i see your point.
our F Pace had 40k. The vehicle never gave me a problem. I was thinking of doing that too. My buyout was $31k and change including taxes. It was attractive but i made the less responsible decision and used it for a cap cost reduction. My lease payment on the 22’ E Pace was $150 less per month and my wife and i both really liked the E Pace better. The nicest looking SUV on the road.

Old 02-20-2022, 11:01 AM
Received 56 Likes on 28 Posts

Just under 5000 miles, so I can't speak to reliability, but my wife loves it. If I could change something, I'd make the rear roof a bit higher instead of tapering down to increase cargo space, it's honestly a bit pathetic. The mileage is also a bit pathetic, 16mpg around town, my supercharged v8 in my XKR gets that. What's the point of a tiny 4 cylinder engine if it doesn't get great mileage? I can't play music off my iphone when paired via bluetooth. Have tried unpairing and repairing repeatedly, without success. And it's not for me not understanding technology, I'm a software engineer, i design systems like this. And the little amber lights on the mirror that only illuminate when you are stopped or moving backwards, rendering your side mirrors useless in the dark. The top down parking guide is also pretty useless after dark. I can live with that, as long as I have my mirrors, which I don't.

That said, it's beautiful, comfortable, and quick. But it seems unfinished. Everything is at 95%, nothing is perfect. It's so close, I feel if they just spent a little more time getting Pivi pro to work properly, getting some more mpg's out of the engine, and getting some more cargo space in the rear, it would be a perfect vehicle.

That being said, I'd buy it again with the exact same options given the chance.

Old 02-21-2022, 04:07 AM
Received 83 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolfy
Absolutely! I've had my MY2019 D180 SE from new and have had three years of fault free service. It still feels new after 45,000 kms.
Phil

Old 06-27-2022, 10:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

I think the poor reliability of JLR products is because they're assembled in the UK. Moving factories to Germany should solve the problem IMO.

Having said that, I'm in the market for a 2021 E-Pace in Eiger Grey, best looking color IMO. The new NX and GV70 are probably nicer but I'm looking for a short and tall car and the E-Pace, at only 173 inches long and 65" tall, fits my requirement. As for the E-Pace cousin Evoque, it's nowhere near as much fun to drive.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:14 AM
Received 173 Likes on 147 Posts

E-Pace is not as popular as it's older sibling's F-Pace but the E-Pace looks cuter than the F-Pace. Your choice of color Gray is gorgeous especially with that black alloy wheels. I also, think gunmetal gray colored alloy wheels will look great as well.

The E-Pace has a "5 star" rating on Euro NCAP crash test

Old 06-29-2022, 08:51 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Yes

Yes. I like how the car can be modified. It is very comfortable to drive and is just a lot of fun!

Old 07-07-2022, 01:18 AM
Received 56 Likes on 28 Posts

I like those tires. The e-pace is definitely a sporty off roader and very capable, I've taken my wife's offroad at gentle speeds a few times, and i've tackled some pretty serious snow with it. I'm just afraid to hurt it since it's such a new car. And my wife would kill me forever.

The following users liked this post:
DanDenver19epace (07-07-2022)
Old 07-09-2022, 03:30 AM

The E-Pace is not produced in the UK but in Austria...

gazza964 (02-22-2024)
Old 12-23-2023, 01:39 AM
Default E-Pace 2020

I am considering buying a 2020 E-Pace P250. It has already changed hands 3 times. I have seen other such examples on autotrader.ca as well where the E-Pace have changed owners very frequently. Everyone I have spoken to have suggested that things will go wrong and the cars are not reliable once you put 100k on it. Since it is a used car, it will not come with a warranty. Any comments?

Old 12-23-2023, 09:03 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by shredzone
Everyone I have spoken to have suggested that things will go wrong and the cars are not reliable once you put 100k on it.
Your ‘friends’ like to make all sorts of broad general sweeping statements that are just hyperbole based on urban myth. I could say the same about any manufacturer as they have all had many recalls and plenty of issues.

Like the Mazda model that famously would fully lock its brakes at highway speeds at random intervals. It never ends.

I wonder if your informed friends are talking about Jaguars of old. They certainly had a bad reputation along time ago, but that was along time ago. Things change. But reputations tend to change slower. Try to avoid water cooler talk to make such decisions. And as always, buy within your means.
If none of that works, then buy what your friends think is the best option for you. Having such a brain trust at your disposal is priceless.

The following 2 users liked this post by DanDenver19epace:
Konkapot (12-29-2023), sov211 (05-09-2024)
Old 12-23-2023, 11:01 AM
BHF
Received 94 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Love ours

We bought our 2019 P250 new and it’s up to around 65k miles.. The only issue we have had is a bad sensor in the coolant overflow tank at around 45k. It would say “Low coolant “ even if it was full. That was replaced for free. It drives effortlessly and gets good mileage. My wife loves it and we would buy another one when the time comes if they still made them.

DanDenver19epace (12-23-2023)
Old 02-22-2024, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Wolfy
Based on my experience to-date - I would never buy another Jaguar again - let alone an E-Pace.

We bought a brand-new PHEV E-Pace on the 1st November 2023. It’s done less than 1,500 miles now.

It started to go wrong in December 2023 with not staying on the battery and changing to electric intermittently. And we didn’t know why. It then went into the dealership in Inverness for 2 days in January. They said they’d fixed it – but as soon as we drove it away, it was clear that nothing had changed. They hadn’t even bothered to road test the car.

It has now been with the dealership since the 1st February (which is currently some 22 days ago now), and the feedback that we have had from the dealership is…. nothing!

The lack of communication is astounding for a company like JLR – and my experience to date is that I wish I had never bought the car in the first place and would never go near them again… ever!

Quick Reply: Would you buy/lease E-Pace again?