E type ( XK-E ) 1961 - 1975

1969 E Type

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1969 E Type

Hi,
I am writing here to get info from some of you folks who are experts in these cars. My grandmother recently passed and had this car in her garage for the last 30 years. My mother drove it in college and parked it soon after. I don’t know much about it. Does anyone know a fair value of this car in this condition?

Old 07-31-2020, 04:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,455 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Definitely worth something !! If you can tell us a bit more then better advice can be given. I would say from the photos it is one up from "project". So whatever "project" E-types go for in the US, base you offer price on that. However, why not keep the car, get it up to snuff, and enjoy it ? Key thing with these cars is rust. It is very expensive to restore the body shell so prices reflect that, (before/after restoration). Here in the UK that car would probably fetch £20-30k at it is, but the UK market will be different.

Old 07-31-2020, 07:42 AM
Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Hi Max,
My first comment will echo one of Fraser's "Why not keep the car". But then again we are Jag enthusiasts and you may not be.
Fraser is correct. That is a project car or one step above it.
I am in the process of restoring a 1968 Coupe that my wife and have owned for 40 years and "She drove it to college", so I can attest to Fraser's other comment that restoration of an E-Type is expensive. It is difficult to determine an accurate value without a lot more information regarding condition of the body (rust), mechanicals (engine seized?), electrical (It has been sitting for a long time). I see some small modifications to the car, are there other modifications that would affect the value? So there are a lot of factors that will determine and affect the value of the car.
If you decide to sell it, I would sell sell it as is, dust and all.
If you need more information, send me a private message and I'll send you my phone number. There are a lot of things to look at and consider. Too much for me to write.
In any case, good luck with the car and let us know what happens.
Stay safe,
Bill.

The following users liked this post:
Bruce W (09-07-2020)
Old 07-31-2020, 09:04 AM
Default Thank you

[UOTE=Fraser Mitchell;2269161]Definitely worth something !! If you can tell us a bit more then better advice can be given. I would say from the photos it is one up from "project". So whatever "project" E-types go for in the US, base you offer price on that. However, why not keep the car, get it up to snuff, and enjoy it ? Key thing with these cars is rust. It is very expensive to restore the body shell so prices reflect that, (before/after restoration). Here in the UK that car would probably fetch £20-30k at it is, but the UK market will be different.[/QUOTE]

Old 07-31-2020, 09:07 AM
Default Thank you

Originally Posted by Daytona
Hi Max,
My first comment will echo one of Fraser's "Why not keep the car". But then again we are Jag enthusiasts and you may not be.
Fraser is correct. That is a project car or one step above it.
I am in the process of restoring a 1968 Coupe that my wife and have owned for 40 years and "She drove it to college", so I can attest to Fraser's other comment that restoration of an E-Type is expensive. It is difficult to determine an accurate value without a lot more information regarding condition of the body (rust), mechanicals (engine seized?), electrical (It has been sitting for a long time). I see some small modifications to the car, are there other modifications that would affect the value? So there are a lot of factors that will determine and affect the value of the car.
If you decide to sell it, I would sell sell it as is, dust and all.
If you need more information, send me a private message and I'll send you my phone number. There are a lot of things to look at and consider. Too much for me to write.
In any case, good luck with the car and let us know what happens.
Stay safe,
Bill.

Bill,
Thank you for the reply. It will not let me DM you. Could you drop me an email and we can connect?

max@gincreek.com

thanks,
max

Old 08-01-2020, 07:20 AM
Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Hi Max,
Sent you an email.
Bill.

Old 08-06-2020, 03:39 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Car looks pretty good. Dirty and hard to tell but it doesn't look too oxidized. Looks like it was in an enclosed garage all the time. Not fishing here but rust would depend somewhat/alot on where it has been driven and where it has been stored. Arizona-nice. Florida-not so good. What have the environmental conditions been?

If it were me, I'd keep it and check it out and try to get it back on the road if it's a worthwhile car and doable.
But for the non-mechanic owner it will cost a fair amount, even if it can be put back on the road without a restoration or major mechanicals, to bring it back to driving condition. If you put it in the hands of a restoration shop your talking much, much more. Maybe that's not a problem and if so great.

If you're mechanical then I would assess it for bringing it back up yourself, or at least giving it a good check out. Lots of help here.

Sell it? I would think something like mentioned by above, maybe $30K or so, maybe more. And yeah, sell it like it is but see if the eng turns. Worth more without a frozen engine. Worth more if the engine will start and run even it isn't driveable. Someone that knows what they're doing should be in charge of that though.

The following users liked this post:
Bruce W (09-07-2020)
Old 08-07-2020, 10:20 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

This might give you a better idea of value, depending on your condition compared to this one. It is a 65 SI but still, from what I know it's similar in what it offers. You would know better.

This is on the web site BringaTrailer.com also known as BAT.com. You don't need to log in to view the full listing with lots of pictures and comments from owner and others. It is shown under the Auction drop down tab at the top of the page under Results. Hover on. Auctions, click on Results and scroll down a little past the "exceptional" results and then put this into the search field at the top of all the results pictures.

1965 Jaguar XKE Roadster Project

(If that doesn't bring it up just put Jaguar in the field and it'll bring up all the Jags and you can scroll to find this one.)

A white Jag should pop up, let it load fully and there's lots of pics and info. Sold for $75K in July 2020!

Let me know if you have trouble getting there.

Old 09-04-2020, 06:42 PM
Default Might be interested -- looking for a project

Matt, I might be interested. If it's still available, can you DM me? Thx!

Old 09-11-2020, 12:46 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What did you decide to ever do with this car?
Thanks,
Jim