E type ( XK-E ) 1961 - 1975

More active now

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 12:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default More active now

good morning everybody. i joined this for a while back but was never on much since my 68 series 1 1/2 coupe, i am the original owner, was jammed in the back of my garage for 18 years. Took it out in may to start a massive non stock restoration. the engine is almost done, the car has been sandblasted, the hood has been modified to take series one headlite glass, putting in AC already have the kit, and the car is now at the paint shop to have the engine compartment painted before the engine goes back in. Pieces are out being powder coated and chromed and now deciding on a color which most likely will be a subtle candy red. If i can figure out how to post a pic on here i post some now and then some progress shot. Soon I be selling a lot of extremely good condition parts that i have removed. So again HI
nick
so i guessing that the attachments i uploaded r located just under this post??

Attached Thumbnails More active now-img_1306.jpg   More active now-img_1308.jpg   More active now-img_1285.jpg   More active now-img_1209.jpg  
Old 09-16-2016, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 258 Posts

Welcome Nick. Hopefully you replaced the engine frame. O, carefully inspected it for cracks and fractures. Having it media blasted, would have been the perfect time to inspect. Where did you get your headlight kit?
Keep us posted...

Old 09-16-2016, 07:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default custom e type

i checked out everything and it was all OK. Took a bunch of stuff to the chrome shop and the powder coating shop yesterday. Damn that work has sure gone up in price. The air-cleaner housing was going to cost $500 to chrome and it was not even going to come out that good due to thew shadowing from the air horns so it going to be powder coated also, but only if i cant find the AC that i want. I want to get 2 separate air cleaners for each stromberg carb. I seen a jag a while back that had one that were kind of triangle shaped. Does anyone on here have any advice as to what and were i can get 2 that fit the carbs? Otherwise the work is progressing nicely by next week the engine bay will be painted along with the framing and then bolted back together. next jambs and the bottom of the hood and then the complete car. Picked a very subtle candy red for the paint. I am fully aware that i have just turns off at least half of the members of this group LOL, but it my car bought new in 68 so i can do what ever i want Right!
Oh and i will be selling everything i took off the car, ie bumper over override bars and the 4 vertical bumperettes running/ directional lights alternator and all the heat transfer parts that tie into the intake manifold and go over the cam covers. I got the light kit from chuck at monococue. I even have a set of custom
sugar scoops left over plus all the stock panels that had to do with the headlites