E type ( XK-E ) 1961 - 1975

My introduction

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 08:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My introduction

Greetings!

I'm excited to be saying "hi" to everybody. This is my first post and what I could see turning into one of many in the near and continued future! I have found myself starting out my new endeavor with a few Jaguar projects. And, I'm truly blessed for this work. Prior to now, my only experience with Jaguar was a partial restoration of an xk120 dhc about 15 yrs ago. So, I think it's best to get acquainted with some "sperience" (that's what its called now that I'm living in the South)

I've been in automotive restoration for most of my life starting at age 15. So, shoot, that's 21 years now! I've restored all makes of cars from Packard, Buick, Marmon, Thomas Flyer, Auburn, Volkswagen, Cord, and lots of Fords, and on and on. I had a seven year stint managing a famous hot rod shop with a staff of (at times) a dozen builders. Yet, I've recently, resigned to get back to my hands-on passion of restoring, what I refer to art as much as car; and living in the sweet spot of my craft. It's humbling to move from a high profile multi-million dollar shop with a tv show willingly back to the realm of a one-man outfit working in an unfinished building. And, I already love it! I had become someone who corresponds all day to make deadlines for layers and layers of projects. Dang, it feels good to be producing with my hands rather than my mouth! Haha.

Anyways, I planned on joining this forum when I could post some pictures of my first completed project. However...I just ran into a problem that I should seek counsel. I'll post it in another thread later today. I just wanted to introduce myself first 😝

Old 07-31-2016, 08:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah- I don't see my signature above...

Greg Cunningham

Old 08-06-2016, 08:51 PM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Enjoy the ride!
GTJOEY1314