E type ( XK-E ) 1961 - 1975

not prepared yet not surprised

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 08:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default not prepared yet not surprised

I am relatively new to the world of old jaguar ownership and I have been meaning to share this for a while now and just getting around to typing it.

last year I bought a little primrose 69 fhc and over the winter had it shipped from Hawaii to Colorado, a long process and an exercise in patience to be sure. I had it shipped to a shop in Denver for adjustments for the radical altitude change then had to wait several weeks for the weather to clear between Denver and my home in the mountians before I could take my first real drive in the car I had waited 50 years to own.

what I was not prepared for was the reaction of people to this classic old car. I didn't make it more than a mile from the shop before a woman in a truck stopped at a stop sign intersection in front of me, got out of her truck and came back to take a picture of the car while several cars waited in both lanes. a few more blocks down the street a late model , very expensive corvette pulled up in the lane next to me and gave me a huge thumbs up before driving off. on the drive home I stopped at a truck stop for coffee and when I came out there were three people taking picture of the little e.

I guess this should not surprise me but I was not prepared for the constant attention the car draws. you who have owned these cars for years are probably smiling right now and with good reason, you understand. enjoy.

bill

Old 04-29-2015, 09:39 AM
Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are new to the hobby or car collecting, an E-type will open lots of new doors. You will meet tons of people, be able to participate in car shows, and even get into rally's. Enjoy. As a side note, I own a Morgan Three Wheeler which takes 1/2 hour just to get gas because of the questions, pictures, and the pleading to rev it to hear the engine note. Enjoy!