Looking at this 06 Daimler in Estonia... thousand miles afar

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 10:24 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Looking at this 06 Daimler in Estonia... thousand miles afar

Hello

There is 06 Daimler for sale in Estonia with remarkably low asking price of €21k. The seller declares the car has covered 70kkm.
Based on experience from my own country I am suspicious about the combination of 70kkm / €21k for a frikkin Daimler.
(I can see how purchasing power in the region together with small & rather remote market could put some pressure on the asking price, but that might just be me dreaming.)

An older, archived ad of this very specimen reveals that the original asking price was €29k or €25k.

Already from the photos I noticed:
1) drooping headliner (€100-€200 fix..?)
2) worn-out dye of the driver's seat (unless I am just seeing things)... obviously that is also curable, but do seats in XJs wear out like this after 70kkm...?
3) that missing power-plug cap and cigarette lighter or the non-original floor mats can be considered a non-issue but also can hint about the previous owner(s);

The "lost" floormats in particular hint at greater than declared mileage. I would not expect an impeccable car, the question is what serious problems are lurking in the car and would they take me to €23k, €25k, €30k...?

Can you guys see any other apparent signs of underlying troubles?

Is there someone from Estonia (not the seller! ) who would be willing to take a look at that car (+take more pics) before I eventually fly there?
(A reward would be understandable in such case, just let me know in advance please. I would ask you politely to look at things mentioned here.)

Cheers