New member intro: Series II Daimler Double Six VdP

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 03:56 AM
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New member intro: Series II Daimler Double Six VdP

Hi everyone,

We already posted a quick intro in the new member area and the respective sub-forum, but we also wanted to say hello to our European friends!

We picked up a Daimler Double Six Series II Vanden Plas last week. We have always been fans of big Jaguars of the William Lyons era. We both studied Mechanical Engineering together and have for quite some time played with the idea to start working on cars as a hobby. As this beautiful V12 turned up recently, we knew that now was the time to take the plunge for us. :-)

The car was first registered in 1977. It is the LHD version. From what we know, it spent some time in Switzerland, but has been in Germany for the last ~10 years. Right now it is not running due to issues with some of the injectors. The fuel changeover valve also needs replacing. And we have some additional work to do on the AC system as well as getting some rusty parts of the body work sorted out. Luckily, the previous owner already restored the interior.

Here are some pictures:

This will be a nice first project for us. We have not worked on cars before, but at least the theoretical side of things should be fine for us. It’s now time to get our hands dirty! :-) So, we are really excited to get going and get this beauty up and running again!

We are looking forward to being a part of this community. Thanks already for your help and support along the way!

Best wishes from Germany

Felix and Sebastian