Exterior Talk about your rims, bodykits, and other exterior mods here.

ShootJoeC's Jaguar XJR Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 03:32 PM
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Default ShootJoeC's Jaguar XJR Build Thread

I couldn't find a better place for this thread, so if there is one can mods please move for me?

I picked up this 2001 Jaguar XJR about six months ago with the intentions of building as a shop project, but plans changed and im just now getting to the modifications.

Here is the car when I first purchased:

After driving for a couple of months I started to take care of some maintenance items that popped up, wiper, oil pan gasket, idler pulley, serpentine belt, plugs and some other minor stuff. I also tinted the windows during this time.

Post maintenance and tint:

I had planned to bag the car since before I even picked it up, so one of the first things I did was reach out to my guy Lorenzo at IceBoxxCustoms out in Cali. He had made some custom brackets for Jaguars in the past, so he was able to make my parts without my car being there. These will replace the current spring assembly completely.

Assembled brackets/bags:

As with basically every project (and Jaguars apparently) things can sometimes go wrong. I took the car to a friends shop to have the wheels balanced and an alignment performed. He called me almost right away to tell me the rear subframe on my car was rusted out to the point of it being a safety concern. I put some thought into it and decided instead of just cutting bait I would do what I had to do to fix the car. Surprisingly enough, there was a 2002 Jaguar XJR parts car posted locally on Craigslist for only $400, so I scooped that too. Lots of stuff was missing, but it was completely rust free and the entire undercarriage looked spotless.

The Parts Car:

My 2001 XJR rear subframe:

My 2002 XJR Parts Car Subframe:

Once I bought the parts car and knew I would be able to swap all the good stuff onto my 01, I started to get the rest of the air ride setup taken care of. The setup of the management, tank, and compressors was pretty straightforward, and made even easier by the Jaguar having battery and fusebox in the boot. Normally you would have to run wires from the management in the boot, to the battery and ignition source under the hood.

Empty Boot:

The XJ is perfect for the air ride trunk setup because there is the cover that goes over the fuel tank area. I just laid out the carpet that was there and cut a piece of 1/4" MDF to fit behind it. I then laid everything out and marked the bolt holes for everything, before drilling and mounting.

Mockup:

Trunk fit test:

Getting down to business with carpet:

One more test fit in the trunk with carpet on, before mounting management and wiring:

Management mounted and wired. All that is left is to connect power, ignition and ground to the car.

Last edited by ShootJoeC; 05-17-2020 at 03:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Jaxxr1 (06-26-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 03:33 PM
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Saved for Photos

The following users liked this post:
XJR RONN (07-31-2020)