F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

2017 F-Pace possessed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2017 F-Pace possessed?

I recently purchased an F-Pace 35t Prestige. I love it. I have had it about a month.
1.) It only came with one key FOB. Unfortunately, I almost always have to fish out the key FOB and push the button to get it to unlock. It never recognizes to auto unlock.
2.) I park her in a closed garage every night, so I leave the key FOB inside the vehicle. This morning I came out and every window and the sunroof was open. It was pouring rain when I got home so I know for certain I didn't accidently leave all of it open. I did NOT have the keys in my pockets/purse either. They were in the seat with nothing touching them.
3.) Is it possible that the lost key is the vehicle? Or is she just possessed?
Help?

Old 10-26-2022, 06:04 PM
GGG
Received 16,864 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forums Krissy,

Does your vehicle definitely have passive locking fitted? Both of mine do and the smartkey stays in my pocket - I never need to touch it. With both active and passive locking, the vehicle cannot be locked with a smartkey inside so the other one cannot be in there unless its battery is dead.

Get another key a.s.a.p. It's expensive and a pain but absolutely nothing compared with the absolute disaster and huge cost if the only one you have fails or is lost.

Please read the guidance for new members ( https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...ned-up-241802/ ) which answers many of the most frequent questions about getting started.

Graham

Old 10-26-2022, 06:25 PM
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

1.) Sadly jaguar doesnt offer two keys with new purchases due to Shortages of stock so a salesman told me, plus i tried purchasing a key for my 2012XF but was told they are backordered. But have you tried too reset your lock actuators quite easy to do but unfortunately I don't have the forum that states how to reset your locks.

2.) Kinda sounds like the car didn't wanna lock you out since its keys are inside the car and the car recognizes that type of stuff for you, so It opened all the windows with the function of holding your Unlock button causing all windows to open even the sunroof. maybe it was its last little bit of effort preventing itself from you being locked out. Did you check battery W? Is the car still functional or is your car not starting?

edit found the forum on how to hard reset https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...d-reset-38112/ not sure if this applies towards the F pace although id assume so.

Last edited by karamayoko; 10-26-2022 at 06:49 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Krissy (10-27-2022)
Old 10-27-2022, 12:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,269 Likes on 1,370 Posts

And you should NOT leave the keys inside your car, regardless of where the car is. If the keys are in the car various modules are awake and your battery is being drained. The keys should be kept away from the car and the car should be LOCKED so that all systems shut down quickly. You are lucky that you have not had random issues caused by low battery voltage - or have you? They can be in any system: touchscreen, locks, seats, windows, random warning lights…all down to low battery voltage. Do yourself a favour with this and keep the car locked, keys in a drawer, and ideally use a battery maintainer such as the CTEK units when the car is not in consistent use.

There are many, many threads on this in several of the forum lists. Modern luxury cars need full battery voltage!

The following users liked this post:
Krissy (10-27-2022)
Old 10-27-2022, 10:24 AM

Okay, I made an appointment for next Tuesday. Hopefully they can fix it. There is definitely something going on. I have always hear about Jags and Land Rovers having weird electrical issues. I was just hoping it skipped me.

Old 10-27-2022, 10:28 AM

Ok I will definitely do that. I am so paranoid about losing the one key I do have, that is the only reason I left them in the car. I have an appointment with Jag next week. I got an Apple tag in the meantime.

Old 10-27-2022, 10:36 AM
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

my wife puts her key in her purse and we never have to dig through her purse since the doors have unlocking features on the exterior when presented w/ the key.

Old 10-27-2022, 01:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,269 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Originally Posted by Krissy
Okay, I made an appointment for next Tuesday. Hopefully they can fix it. There is definitely something going on. I have always hear about Jags and Land Rovers having weird electrical issues. I was just hoping it skipped me.
Krissy:

Jags and Land Rovers don’t have weird electrical issues. This is the sort of myth perpetuated by BMW owners (I am a recovering BMW owner). What they do have is owners unaware of the electrical needs of modern luxury vehicles - and they have this in common with owners of other luxury cars.

While there can be other explanations, by far the most common cause of complaint is traced to the battery not being fully charged or faulty ground connections.

The following 3 users liked this post by sov211:
Krissy (10-27-2022), RoonieQ (10-29-2022), wombat (11-02-2022)