F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

2018 F-Pace door lock issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2022, 11:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We live in Thunder Bay Ontario Canada and the nearest dealership is Winnipeg Manitoba. 9 hour drive

Old 05-17-2022, 03:07 AM
GGG
Received 16,869 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by superbond
So
my Neigbors code reader is only good up to 2017.
So we called road side assist and they are picking it up to bring it to the nearest dealership 9 hours away.
I’ll let you know what they find
Originally Posted by superbond
We live in Thunder Bay Ontario Canada and the nearest dealership is Winnipeg Manitoba. 9 hour drive
This is now in progress with the worst case scenario of a return trip to the dealer. Understandable and, in the circumstances, would have been my choice too.

However, the distance from your nearest JLR dealership effectively forces you into being more self-reliant for the inevitable incidents that will occur with the vehicle in future. Modern vehicles are computers on wheels and Jaguar is no exception. Many issues will require code reading to have any chance of resolution and you have already discovered this isn't straightforward after attempting to use your neighbour's code reader.

From the late 1990's to 2016, the Jaguar diagnostics tool was SDD (Symptom Driven Diagnostics). Although this was designed to be linked to JLR servers, many of us have 'cracked' versions which run offline. Works perfectly for my 2014 XK as it did for my previous six Jaguars. Things then got a lot more complicated in 2016. SDD won't even connect to an F-Pace. The factory diagnostics for F-Pace is the replacement JLR Pathfinder. Even the OBD connector for this system is into four figures and, as far as I can tell, an active JLR TOPIx subscription is required to run it.

I'll probably go down the Pathfinder route but, for the moment, an iCarsoft Pro is a relatively inexpensive solution. It does connect to the vehicle and read error codes although I rely on the DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) lists in the WSM (Workshop Manual) for accurate interpretion.

I think you're going to need this or a similar compatible code reader. I can often live with a fault for a while when I understand what is causing it. Not knowing or being unable to find out is the most annoying part!

Graham

Old 05-17-2022, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by GGG
This is now in progress with the worst case scenario of a return trip to the dealer. Understandable and, in the circumstances, would have been my choice too.

However, the distance from your nearest JLR dealership effectively forces you into being more self-reliant for the inevitable incidents that will occur with the vehicle in future. Modern vehicles are computers on wheels and Jaguar is no exception. Many issues will require code reading to have any chance of resolution and you have already discovered this isn't straightforward after attempting to use your neighbour's code reader.

From the late 1990's to 2016, the Jaguar diagnostics tool was SDD (Symptom Driven Diagnostics). Although this was designed to be linked to JLR servers, many of us have 'cracked' versions which run offline. Works perfectly for my 2014 XK as it did for my previous six Jaguars. Things then got a lot more complicated in 2016. SDD won't even connect to an F-Pace. The factory diagnostics for F-Pace is the replacement JLR Pathfinder. Even the OBD connector for this system is into four figures and, as far as I can tell, an active JLR TOPIx subscription is required to run it.

I'll probably go down the Pathfinder route but, for the moment, an iCarsoft Pro is a relatively inexpensive solution. It does connect to the vehicle and read error codes although I rely on the DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) lists in the WSM (Workshop Manual) for accurate interpretion.

I think you're going to need this or a similar compatible code reader. I can often live with a fault for a while when I understand what is causing it. Not knowing or being unable to find out is the most annoying part!

Graham

Graham
Your making my head spin! You seem very well versed in the Jaguar world! I very much appreciate your agreeing with me to send her to the Jaguar dealership. I warned my wife of buying a high end suv such as the Jaguar. But the dealership has been so nice and support of. We’ll see after it is shipping back and see if if is fixed. No more daemons! 🥴
Thank you all for your valuable information!
I will let you all know what happens

Old 05-26-2022, 09:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 501 Likes on 299 Posts

It's been over a week. Any updates?

Old 05-26-2022, 10:42 AM

We just heard back from the Jaguar dealership. Apparently they have fixed the issues. The hood issue is some spring under the hood. So you say.
they said there is no issue with that body module. Their changing the brakes and windshield. Sending her back Saturday. Should be home Sunday

Old 05-29-2022, 10:38 AM

Hi all
we got our Jaguar back today and she works as should.
I wasn’t the BCM. Apparently it had to do with the spring under the hood.
That gave the car a good look over and gave us very detailed paper work. We were very impressed with Jaguar! Brakes were all done. Pricey but whatcha going to do

The following users liked this post:
StuG (05-29-2022)
Old 05-29-2022, 12:46 PM
Received 173 Likes on 147 Posts

Thanks for the update. It is going to be very helpful for the members of this forum.
May I ask if the dealer fixed the wipers too? I am still baffled if the hood spring mechanism sensor is related to the loss of power for the wipers to operate.
But thank goodness you've got your F-Pace back.

Last edited by 2018XF25T; 05-29-2022 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-29-2022, 03:51 PM

Their thinking it is related. But we had a crack in our windshield that went right across the bottom of the windshield and up half way on the passenger side. I’m wondering if maybe that had something to do with it. We have that feature in if it rains the wipers come on. I don’t know