F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

2024 F Pace SVR Has Arrived

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2024, 10:07 AM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2024 F Pace SVR Has Arrived

I am so excited to finally have my new 2024 F Pace SVR! I ordered it in September and took delivery on February 1. Thank you to the members who gave me some advice when I posted earlier in September, I did end up going with the all leather Seats and I'm so happy I did.I am still figuring out how to use all the features, so any suggestions or tips are welcome.

The following 6 users liked this post by Purplecat18:
bobjagbob (02-16-2024), DD65 (02-24-2024), GGG (02-15-2024), parnelli (02-17-2024), spegor (02-15-2024), SVR 575 (02-22-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-16-2024, 07:29 AM
Received 169 Likes on 143 Posts

Very nice.I wondered why it took 5 months to get one. But anyway, congrats on your new Pacey

Old 02-16-2024, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by 2018XF25T
Very nice.I wondered why it took 5 months to get one. But anyway, congrats on your new Pacey
Thanks! It did feel like it took forever to arrive. I ordered it September 26 and I had until the middle of November to make any changes, which, of course I did. The build date was scheduled for December 21. It left the UK on a carrier vessel on January 16, made a few stops along the way and ended up in Baltimore Maryland. Then it was shipped by a closed car carrier to my dealership in Massachusetts and it arrived there on January 31. I was able to bring her home the next day, quite the journey!

Old 02-22-2024, 12:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautiful Purplecat18! Congrats! It looks like you got it from the Jaguar Peabody Dealership? I was just there on 2/21 to test drive a 2024 for the first time and put a $1k refundable deposit down for a 25MY. Curious how your experience was with the process from deposit to build to delivery and whether you were able to negotiate anything off?

The following users liked this post:
Purplecat18 (02-22-2024)
Old 02-22-2024, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by TC1668
Beautiful Purplecat18! Congrats! It looks like you got it from the Jaguar Peabody Dealership? I was just there on 2/21 to test drive a 2024 for the first time and put a $1k refundable deposit down for a 25MY. Curious how your experience was with the process from deposit to build to delivery and whether you were able to negotiate anything off?
Yes TC1668 I did purchase it from Jaguar Peabody, great eye! This was my second purchase from there and from the same salesperson. I purchased a 2017 XE in 2017 and then went back for an upgrade. I purchased the XE off the lot and I built the SVR and both times the process was so easy and no pressure at all. When I was ordering the F Pace , I took all the time I needed and asked a bunch of questions about different options and what I thought I would need and my sales person took the time to explain everything and give me all the options. After I ordered it, then you have about a month or so to make any changes and I did decide to change the color of the seats and had no issues doing that, I just called my sales person and he took the information they wanted and then emailed me an updated order paper work. At one point he even called me on his day off to answer a question I had. He was very responsive to any email I had sent throughout the process as well. I was not able to negotiate any price changes, and I did try, but I think it was because I ordered it so I didn't have any leeway at all in that sense, though I did qualify for a loyalty incentive that took off $4,000. I am not sure if you have any experience with Jaguar Peabody, but their service department is also amazing and very easy to work with if needed.

I will be happy to answer any questions you have about the process, and I am so excited for you with your new 25 F pace, looking forward to seeing pictures.

TC1668 (02-22-2024)
Old 02-22-2024, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Purplecat18
Yes TC1668 I did purchase it from Jaguar Peabody, great eye! This was my second purchase from there and from the same salesperson. I purchased a 2017 XE in 2017 and then went back for an upgrade. I purchased the XE off the lot and I built the SVR and both times the process was so easy and no pressure at all. When I was ordering the F Pace , I took all the time I needed and asked a bunch of questions about different options and what I thought I would need and my sales person took the time to explain everything and give me all the options. After I ordered it, then you have about a month or so to make any changes and I did decide to change the color of the seats and had no issues doing that, I just called my sales person and he took the information they wanted and then emailed me an updated order paper work. At one point he even called me on his day off to answer a question I had. He was very responsive to any email I had sent throughout the process as well. I was not able to negotiate any price changes, and I did try, but I think it was because I ordered it so I didn't have any leeway at all in that sense, though I did qualify for a loyalty incentive that took off $4,000. I am not sure if you have any experience with Jaguar Peabody, but their service department is also amazing and very easy to work with if needed.

I will be happy to answer any questions you have about the process, and I am so excited for you with your new 25 F pace, looking forward to seeing pictures.
Wow! Thank you! That's awesome and reassuring! I met Peggy Markos (who seemed sweet and nice since) I inquired online about setting up the test drive and then worked with Rich Baldani. He seemed to be nice so far too and didn't seem overly salesy but I kept my guard up! The both of them just asked me on separate occassions if I had a trade and if I'd be trading in a car but I just told them I don't know yet as I haven't even drive the F-Pace or know if I like it and then they didn't ask again. Rich also asked if I was looking at other makes and I regretably said I wasn't lol. I walked away with a pretty good feeling in that they didn't try to push me into one of the 3 SVRs they had on the lot knowing I wanted a BRG and just went straight to doing a build after confirming I liked the F-Pace. It's just so early right now and all the info they had on the 25MY was a PDF with not very detailed options info (i.e. no mention of Meridian Surround, Heated Windshield, or standard Style 5081 wheels). All they were able to do was take a deposit and save a 24MY Build to my file and emailed me a copy of it (basically just a saved build from Jaguar's website). I'm in no rush and waiting until Aug-Nov timeframe probably works better in that rates could come down, not tax return season, etc. but may also work against me in that there's not many SVRs in general, I'm custom ordering, unknown rebates and incentives (the current 2.9% from Jaguar is great right now).

I saw someone comment that they could see the heating elements on the heated windshield... I didn't notice on the test drive but wasn't looking for it either. I sat in the ultra blue they had in the showroom which had suede seats and while they hold you in place better, I didn't like the grabby feeling when getting out of the car. Here's my build in case you're curious! I liked the siena tan interior and wish that color was an option in aniline leather (maybe for 25MY! ). I also wasn't really a fan of all the piano black inside/out but you can always ceramic coat or ppf them. I also didn't care for the felt material around the side windows as I can imagine they'll catch a lot of dust and lint. It drove and sounded great of course! I've never owned a Jaguar (only driven a friend's F-Type R and I've never been the same since ) and have only had practical & conservative cars (currently have a 2017 Mazda CX-9)

Some Questions!
  • What options did you get?
  • What color seats were you originally going to get?
  • Did they try to add any funky dealer accessories or were there any questionable dealer fees added?
  • Did you get everything you ordered on your build? I heard/read about some people whose build arrived without certain options they spec'd out

Thank you very much in advance for offering to answer my questions (I've got tons as this is a new make/model and way of puchasing for me). I see BritCars is also in MA so maybe we'll get to set up a meetup if/when I can get mine!

Old 02-22-2024, 04:52 PM

Wow, your build is beautiful ! I could probably talk your ear off about my build process and SVR, so ask away. Once you get your new SVR I would definitely be open to a meet up with you and BritCars. I ordered my SVR the end of September 2023, the day after I ordered it, the blue SVR came in, and we went to see it, I am surprised it is still there, and so funny that you sat in it too.
to answer your questions, I was originally going to get to the Mars red and black suede seats, but I was not a fan of that suede after seeing the blue SVR so I changed it to all black leather and so happy I did. When I went to look for an F pace the only SVR they had on a lot was a black one with leather interior but it had just arrived so it was still in transport mode and cannot go over 20 mph so I did not test it.
I did get everything I wanted/ordered in my build there were no changes or modifications made from the factory.
There was also no questionable fees added on at the end, I was made well aware of everything before I signed any papers or give any type of down payment. I did give a deposit when I did the build, but that was refundable if I changed my mind. There was also no pressure to have any of the dealer accessories added on, my salesman was outstanding. There were actually a few additional options that he suggested I not get because he didn't think it would be some thing that would benefit me.
I did get the meridian surround sound at his suggestion, and it is amazing.
As far as the heated windshield goes, definitely do it, especially being from Massachusetts. I will say my previous Jaguar also had the heated windshield and it did take a little getting used to the wavy lines, but with the 2024 model that has improved and I didn't even notice it, I actually had to ask if it was there.
I also got the 22 wheels, not sure what the difference is with the ones that come standard with the SVR, but my husband really liked those wheels, so I went for it.
I think you will also enjoy the Jaguar Elite care that comes with all new vehicles.
If you think of anything else just ask! If you would like the name of my salesman I will happily share that too. Welcome to the Jaguar family!

TC1668 (02-22-2024)
Old 02-22-2024, 07:34 PM
Received 98 Likes on 76 Posts

That's a beautiful car, love the color combo!!! Congrats and many smiles with the miles!!

Purplecat18 (02-23-2024)
Old 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM

Wow, your build is beautiful ! I could probably talk your ear off about my build process and SVR, so ask away. Once you get your new SVR I would definitely be open to a meet up with you and BritCars. I ordered my SVR the end of September 2023, the day after I ordered it, the blue SVR came in, and we went to see it, I am surprised it is still there, and so funny that you sat in it too.
to answer your questions, I was originally going to get to the Mars red and black suede seats, but I was not a fan of that suede after seeing the blue SVR so I changed it to all black leather and so happy I did. When I went to look for an F pace the only SVR they had on a lot was a black one with leather interior but it had just arrived so it was still in transport mode and cannot go over 20 mph so I did not test it.
I did get everything I wanted/ordered in my build there were no changes or modifications made from the factory.
There was also no questionable fees added on at the end, I was made well aware of everything before I signed any papers or give any type of down payment. I did give a deposit when I did the build, but that was refundable if I changed my mind. There was also no pressure to have any of the dealer accessories added on, my salesman was outstanding. There were actually a few additional options that he suggested I not get because he didn't think it would be some thing that would benefit me.
I did get the meridian surround sound at his suggestion, and it is amazing.
As far as the heated windshield goes, definitely do it, especially being from Massachusetts. I will say my previous Jaguar also had the heated windshield and it did take a little getting used to the wavy lines, but with the 2024 model that has improved and I didn't even notice it, I actually had to ask if it was there.
I also got the 22 wheels, not sure what the difference is with the ones that come standard with the SVR, but my husband really liked those wheels, so I went for it.
I think you will also enjoy the Jaguar Elite care that comes with all new vehicles.
If you think of anything else just ask! If you would like the name of my salesman I will happily share that too. Welcome to the Jaguar family!
That's too funny! I the black with black aniline is the one I got to test drive (I think it has 50 something miles on it now) The 3rd one they had was black with oyster and black suede insert. What were the additonal options they discouraged you from getting?
I definitely want the Meridian Surround though I did read some owners saying they thought the standard one sounded just as good and the Surround wasn't as great as other sound systems out there but I guess everyone has their own perceptions.

There's a 2024 BRG w/Siena Tan interior at the Hartford CT Jaguar dealership (been there for 6mo) but comes with the stock 21" wheels (the same wheels as the ultra blue in Peabody) and standard Meridian Sound and they're listing it at $105k MSRP. I didn't really like the stock 21" styling. The ones you opted for seem to be quite popular. Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I don't even own a Jaguar yet! Hopefully a big YET and the 25MY really happens!! I'll let you know if I think of any other questions!

Old 02-23-2024, 11:24 AM

I noticed it has the AJ30 (V6) engine and not the new Ingenium AJ300 (I6).

Purplecat18 (02-23-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by TC1668
That's too funny! I the black with black aniline is the one I got to test drive (I think it has 50 something miles on it now) The 3rd one they had was black with oyster and black suede insert. What were the additonal options they discouraged you from getting?
I definitely want the Meridian Surround though I did read some owners saying they thought the standard one sounded just as good and the Surround wasn't as great as other sound systems out there but I guess everyone has their own perceptions.

There's a 2024 BRG w/Siena Tan interior at the Hartford CT Jaguar dealership (been there for 6mo) but comes with the stock 21" wheels (the same wheels as the ultra blue in Peabody) and standard Meridian Sound and they're listing it at $105k MSRP. I didn't really like the stock 21" styling. The ones you opted for seem to be quite popular. Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I don't even own a Jaguar yet! Hopefully a big YET and the 25MY really happens!! I'll let you know if I think of any other questions!
I ended up not choosing to go with the heads up display, the Wi-Fi package, or the park assist option. I know many people are all for the heads up just by that I was coming from a 2017 XC and I've never driven a heads up display so it wasn't really some thing that I would probably end up using anyway. The salesman didn't push it and suggested that it might be some thing I would end up turning off anyway based upon my driving Herbert's and comfort level. I was very interested in the park assist, but he said it wasn't as user-friendly as you would think and by the time you go through the screens to select the options to have it park you already have people waiting on you or beeping for you to get out of the way. Furthermore, if you're taking a car like that into a spot where you need assistance, maybe you should find someplace else to park.🤣. I also had no interest in the Wi-Fi package. My thought on that was if you were in my car enjoying this beautiful ride then you need to be off your phone and enjoy the experience.
maybe the dealership in Connecticut would swap out the tires for you since it has been there for six months, it is worth an ask. Also, they might deliver it to you. If you go and take a look at it and decide it is something that you want to move forward with then you could probably handle everything else via phone or email and have the dealership deliver it to your home. I do know that is something that the Peabody dealership does.

Old 02-23-2024, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by 2018XF25T
I noticed it has the AJ30 (V6) engine and not the new Ingenium AJ300 (I6).
I am not too sure where to find the actual part number, but I do know it is a 5 L Supercharged V-8 engine. If you could put me in the right direction, I'd be happy to look it up.

Old 02-23-2024, 03:46 PM
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice. Very nice. The HUD is a feature that one doesn't realize how nice it is until using it. We've had HUD in a few of our Jags, a couple Bimmers, Supra, and Toyota. Personally, I like the previous Jaguar (green & amber) HUD over the one we have in our SVR. The white washes out on concrete, snow and salted roads. Plus, the green and amber are easier on one's eyes at night.

Aside from looking for wires in the windshield look for three defrost icons between the temperature knobs on the console screen. If there are only two defrost icons there aren't any heating elements in the windshield glass. An easier way is to look at the window sticker for the "Climate Pack" or "Heated Windshield". My 2023 Ultra Blue SVR lists the "Headed Windshield" as an option. It could be listed as part of a package in 2024.

The all leather seats are preferable. Mine has the fake suede on the seating surfaces. I wonder how long before the fabric wears out. Spills also concern me.

I notice that one of the 2024 SVRs on Peabody's lot has a trailer hitch. I tried to have a Jaguar OEM trailer hitch installed on my 2023 SVR but my local Jaguar (now Land Rover) dealer said there isn't a plug on the vehicle wiring harness for the towing module to connect. And that was coming from the technician who also owns a F-PACE SVR. So now I have to use our E-PACE to tow out 3,500 boat & trailer.

I haven't had very good experience with Jaguar Peabody. Scarborough has been much, much better; although, we buy most of our Jags from Alexandria and Tysons Corner, VA and have them serviced there.

Purplecat18 (02-23-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 07:57 PM

I am not too sure where to find the actual part number, but I do know it is a 5 L Supercharged V-8 engine. If you could put me in the right direction, I'd be happy to look it up.
What am I thinking, it's an SVR, I stand corrected

Old 02-26-2024, 04:42 PM

I ended up not choosing to go with the heads up display, the Wi-Fi package, or the park assist option. I know many people are all for the heads up just by that I was coming from a 2017 XC and I've never driven a heads up display so it wasn't really some thing that I would probably end up using anyway. The salesman didn't push it and suggested that it might be some thing I would end up turning off anyway based upon my driving Herbert's and comfort level. I was very interested in the park assist, but he said it wasn't as user-friendly as you would think and by the time you go through the screens to select the options to have it park you already have people waiting on you or beeping for you to get out of the way. Furthermore, if you're taking a car like that into a spot where you need assistance, maybe you should find someplace else to park.🤣. I also had no interest in the Wi-Fi package. My thought on that was if you were in my car enjoying this beautiful ride then you need to be off your phone and enjoy the experience.
maybe the dealership in Connecticut would swap out the tires for you since it has been there for six months, it is worth an ask. Also, they might deliver it to you. If you go and take a look at it and decide it is something that you want to move forward with then you could probably handle everything else via phone or email and have the dealership deliver it to your home. I do know that is something that the Peabody dealership does.
Both our cars (2017 Mazda CX-9 and 2020 Acura RDX) have HUD and I find it very useful to see my current speed and posted speed limit so that's an option I definitely wanted. I don't care for the WiFi Plan but it's bundled in... I didn't see/hear about Park Assist being available on the SVR. As you and the salesman said, it's probably more of a gimmick and takes longer than parking yourself!

I did ask if they could put the wheels I wanted on it but they only offered to get a quote from the parts dept and said it'd be very pricey. I'm thinking $1-2k a wheel so not worth it. Plus it didn't have the Meridian Surround or Aniline leather either. There's another 2024 BRG in Seattle, WA for $90k with only 224mi (apparently the previous owner was wealthy, had it for a month and didn't like the way he fit in it) but also doesn't have aniline leather and Meridian Surround. So close! I'd totally have it shipped here if it had the leather and/or surround sound! I guess if the 2025MY falls apart and this one is still available, I'd settle for it...

Old 02-26-2024, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ichi Ban
Nice. Very nice. The HUD is a feature that one doesn't realize how nice it is until using it. We've had HUD in a few of our Jags, a couple Bimmers, Supra, and Toyota. Personally, I like the previous Jaguar (green & amber) HUD over the one we have in our SVR. The white washes out on concrete, snow and salted roads. Plus, the green and amber are easier on one's eyes at night.

Aside from looking for wires in the windshield look for three defrost icons between the temperature knobs on the console screen. If there are only two defrost icons there aren't any heating elements in the windshield glass. An easier way is to look at the window sticker for the "Climate Pack" or "Heated Windshield". My 2023 Ultra Blue SVR lists the "Headed Windshield" as an option. It could be listed as part of a package in 2024.

The all leather seats are preferable. Mine has the fake suede on the seating surfaces. I wonder how long before the fabric wears out. Spills also concern me.

I notice that one of the 2024 SVRs on Peabody's lot has a trailer hitch. I tried to have a Jaguar OEM trailer hitch installed on my 2023 SVR but my local Jaguar (now Land Rover) dealer said there isn't a plug on the vehicle wiring harness for the towing module to connect. And that was coming from the technician who also owns a F-PACE SVR. So now I have to use our E-PACE to tow out 3,500 boat & trailer.

I haven't had very good experience with Jaguar Peabody. Scarborough has been much, much better; although, we buy most of our Jags from Alexandria and Tysons Corner, VA and have them serviced there.
Agree with you re: the HUD.

I definitely liked the feel of the leather over the suede and concur about the longevity and care for suede! I was more curious if you could see the heating elements on the heated windshield but Purplecat18 says she doesn't notice them. Hope my experience with Peabody is a better one than you've had!

That's weird. The trailer hitch is definitely still an option. The photo on their website definitely shows a wiring harness plug too...

Old 02-26-2024, 06:06 PM
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Yes, the heating elements in the windshield can be easily seen when the sun is shining on the windshield and at other times. At night the wires tend to diffuse light. The effect is minimal. As has been previously stated, unless one is trying to focus on the wires they aren't noticeable. Personally, I wish that every vehicle manufacturer offered windshield heating elements because the elements dispense with fog, snow and ice on the windshield far faster and effectively than when the defroster blows cold air. The wires are quiet too. It is a feature that is extremely useful in colder parts. Like I've said a few times before, it seems like every vehicle my wife and I have owned has had a feature that no other vehicle offers. Conversely, every vehicle we've owned has lacked a feature or two that our other vehicles have had.

TC1668 (02-26-2024)
Old 02-26-2024, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,213 Likes on 2,368 Posts

It has the AJ133 engine which first came out in 2009 and has barely changed since then.
Yours has the 550 PS tune and there is a 575 Edition of the F-Pace SVR with the 575 PS (duh!) tune.
Get yourself a copy of the AJ133 Technical Training doc (April 2009 but never updated) to learn more about this engine from my Dropbox here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8y4iax9hm2...%20V8.pdf?dl=0

Purplecat18 (02-27-2024)
Old 02-27-2024, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
It has the AJ133 engine which first came out in 2009 and has barely changed since then.
Yours has the 550 PS tune and there is a 575 Edition of the F-Pace SVR with the 575 PS (duh!) tune.
Get yourself a copy of the AJ133 Technical Training doc (April 2009 but never updated) to learn more about this engine from my Dropbox here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8y4iax9hm2...%20V8.pdf?dl=0
Great! Thank you!!

Old 02-27-2024, 05:29 PM

Salesman just told me that they have a 2025 F-Pace 4-cylinder allocation that they're able to change to a 2025 F-Pace SVR for me! The expected build date isn't until June or so and production around Aug/Sept!

Purplecat18 (02-28-2024)

Quick Reply: 2024 F Pace SVR Has Arrived