F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

2024 F Pace SVR Has Arrived

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2024, 07:17 PM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TC1668
Salesman just told me that they have a 2025 F-Pace 4-cylinder allocation that they're able to change to a 2025 F-Pace SVR for me! The expected build date isn't until June or so and production around Aug/Sept!
Wow! That is exciting news! Congratulations!

The following users liked this post:
TC1668 (02-29-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 04:07 AM
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Wow! That is something to be proud of. I thought that 2024 is to be the final year for Jaguar to produce vehicles with an internal combustion engine. Maybe , just maybe, Jaguar will continue to build ICE vehicles. Let's hope.

The following 2 users liked this post by Ichi Ban:
Purplecat18 (02-28-2024), TC1668 (02-29-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 08:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

Hi TC - yes I'm in MA too. Great choices - you will love the SVR

My view on options for what it's worth
- HUD is terrific. So helpful - speed limit, current speed, flashed up song names from Spotify etc
- I don't like the heated windscreen. We have it on our Discovery and at night it scatters headlights in a distracting way. Maybe it got better now but I skipped it
- all leather for me. Not a fan of the half suede
- I got park assist and it's a waste of time. I turned it off
- I couldn't get meridian surround due to chip shortage. I would say base meridian is fine but not amazing
- I like the 22 wheels. But if it comes with 21s then use those for winter tires and get 22s for normal. I bought a set of 4 replica forged 22s that match my SVR 22s from eBay (china) and they have been great (one season so far). I run dedicated winter tires

Think if you order you won't get anything off msrp these days. But if you buy off the lot I'd look for 4-5k off. Which might compensate for not having perfect options
I ended up buying out of state off the lot as I didn't want to wait 5 months (and risk of it being longer)...

Let us know how you get on!

The following 2 users liked this post by BritCars:
Purplecat18 (03-01-2024), TC1668 (02-29-2024)
Old 02-29-2024, 03:52 AM
Received 169 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Ichi Ban
Wow! That is something to be proud of. I thought that 2024 is to be the final year for Jaguar to produce vehicles with an internal combustion engine. Maybe , just maybe, Jaguar will continue to build ICE vehicles. Let's hope.
I believe ICE Jaguars will be in JLR show rooms in the years to come with the addition of PHEV and EV . The sale of EV is slowing down and MB just announced it will continue building ICE vehicles until 2030. Apple just scrapped their intention to make their own EV.

Last edited by 2018XF25T; 02-29-2024 at 04:00 AM.
Purplecat18 (03-01-2024)
Old 02-29-2024, 04:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,213 Likes on 2,368 Posts

Originally Posted by 2018XF25T
I believe ICE Jaguars will be in JLR show rooms in the years to come with the addition of PHEV and EV . The sale of EV is slowing down and MB just announced it will continue building ICE vehicles until 2030. Apple just scrapped their intention to make their own EV.
Yep, odds on JLR will walk back their "all electric no ICE" palaver fairly soon.
I don't think they ever seriously meant "nothing but BEV by 2025" but instead they really meant "by 2025 all JLR vehicles will have at least one battery driven electric motor", and it's just the media which misinterpreted them and hyped the "all BEV no ICE" schtick. Even then I seriously doubt that there will be no solely ICE JLR vehicles by the end of 2025.
Which of course begs the question, what is the future of the AJ133 and and AJ126? Will they be scrapped never to be built again or will they soldier on for some time yet, either as stand alone engines or as mild hybrids? My best guess is that they will continue for a few years yet as stand alone engines and any hybrids will use the Ingenium 6 and 4 cylinder engines instead.
I hope the AJ133 and AJ126 are not replaced by Beemer time bombs (hot V anyone?) but that is looking like a strong chance.

The following 2 users liked this post by OzXFR:
2018XF25T (02-29-2024), Purplecat18 (03-01-2024)
Old 02-29-2024, 04:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's the build! I'm going to have them add the Meridian Surround for $800. I'm on the fence about the Carbon Fiber Trim for $1300... I saw someone on another forum post their build sheet from 2021 and it looks like the base price has gone from $84,600 to $92,400!

I was also hoping they'd bring back the 4 zone climate control for 25MY but didn't see it listed but will ask anyway. Seemed like it was part of the Hot Climate Package in 21-22 before the chip shortage perhaps.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
F-Pace SVR Order.pdf (92.2 KB, 35 views)
Purplecat18 (03-01-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 11:29 AM

Here's the build! I'm going to have them add the Meridian Surround for $800. I'm on the fence about the Carbon Fiber Trim for $1300... I saw someone on another forum post their build sheet from 2021 and it looks like the base price has gone from $84,600 to $92,400!

I was also hoping they'd bring back the 4 zone climate control for 25MY but didn't see it listed but will ask anyway. Seemed like it was part of the Hot Climate Package in 21-22 before the chip shortage perhaps.
Congratulations! Looks great, can't wait to see pictures. As delivery date gets closer ask the salesman what boat it is coming on, then you can track the vessel, that was kind of fun. Keep is updated!

TC1668 (03-01-2024)
Old 03-01-2024, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Purplecat18
Congratulations! Looks great, can't wait to see pictures. As delivery date gets closer ask the salesman what boat it is coming on, then you can track the vessel, that was kind of fun. Keep is updated!
Thanks a lot Purplecat! I'm starting to get a little nervous/anxious! BIG purchase! I'm sure it'll be the best purchase/decision though . Also, my sincere apologies for sort of hijacking your thread and taking it off on a tangent. Maybe I should have started my own thread! I just got so excited seeing someone local who ordered a SVR from the same dealership I was!

They just told me today, once they updated the order with my features, Jaguar confirmed the production date and it's a little earlier than they thought. Now looking like it'll arrive in July! Just about done confirming the build specs and will go over numbers next. Will keep ya posted!

Old 03-01-2024, 04:44 PM

Thanks a lot Purplecat! I'm starting to get a little nervous/anxious! BIG purchase! I'm sure it'll be the best purchase/decision though . Also, my sincere apologies for sort of hijacking your thread and taking it off on a tangent. Maybe I should have started my own thread! I just got so excited seeing someone local who ordered a SVR from the same dealership I was!

They just told me today, once they updated the order with my features, Jaguar confirmed the production date and it's a little earlier than they thought. Now looking like it'll arrive in July! Just about done confirming the build specs and will go over numbers next. Will keep ya posted!
No worries at all! I am so happy you are sharing your new purchase on this thread, it is exciting for me too to kind of relive the whole process. I agree, it is so strange in a good way to see someone else ordering a vehicle from the same dealership, definitely a small world.

I am looking forward to hearing all about you new Jaguar Journey!!

TC1668 (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Yep, odds on JLR will walk back their "all electric no ICE" palaver fairly soon.
I don't think they ever seriously meant "nothing but BEV by 2025" but instead they really meant "by 2025 all JLR vehicles will have at least one battery driven electric motor", and it's just the media which misinterpreted them and hyped the "all BEV no ICE" schtick. Even then I seriously doubt that there will be no solely ICE JLR vehicles by the end of 2025.
Which of course begs the question, what is the future of the AJ133 and and AJ126? Will they be scrapped never to be built again or will they soldier on for some time yet, either as stand alone engines or as mild hybrids? My best guess is that they will continue for a few years yet as stand alone engines and any hybrids will use the Ingenium 6 and 4 cylinder engines instead.
I hope the AJ133 and AJ126 are not replaced by Beemer time bombs (hot V anyone?) but that is looking like a strong chance.
I sure hope so but I think they're in a squeeze at the moment and trying to make a transformation (albeit a wrong one!). Sounds like they'll produce 2025 models through the Summer to shore up enough inventory to sell through next year until they get their electric vehicles out. As much as I want them to be successful, I just don't see this playing out well for them. The electric cat market is already over saturated and not as many are buying (at least until the battery tech and infrastructure catch up).

Here's the article speaking to a little more on Jaguar's plans: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a6...uction-ending/

Old 03-05-2024, 09:17 PM
Veteran Member

I would do the Meridian Surround. Not sure I'd pay for the carbon fiber
British Racing Green - nice!!

Summer tires - is that intentional? I run dedicated snow tires in the winter but my other ones are still all season else on a cold night in the shoulder period before I swap the tires you could end up with no traction...

Hope it comes soon - great to play with it in the summer!

TC1668 (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by BritCars
I would do the Meridian Surround. Not sure I'd pay for the carbon fiber
British Racing Green - nice!!

Summer tires - is that intentional? I run dedicated snow tires in the winter but my other ones are still all season else on a cold night in the shoulder period before I swap the tires you could end up with no traction...

Hope it comes soon - great to play with it in the summer!
Thanks!

Yeah I wasn't sure about the carbon fiber but I think I prefer the look over the bright silver aluminum against the oyster trim. Less glare along the dash too. I wouldn't mind the aluminum trim if the interior was black or even the Siena tan.

I figured since I plan to do winter wheels & tires, I'd go with summer tires. I hear it makes a big difference with handling over all seasons. I did a quick search online about summer and all season tire temperature losing grip and seems like both get stiff and lose grip below 45 deg so perhaps I'll just be on top of swapping in the fall as temps drop.
​​​​

Old 03-07-2024, 06:38 PM
Veteran Member

Fair point on carbon trim. Plus - it turns out I do have it! (I ended up buying off the lot as order was too long).

On summer tires I'd be careful on that. They do perform better on the performance edge, but I don't know you will notice it unless you are really pushing it. I had dedicated summer tires and separate winter tires on my V8 XF in the Boston area for many years. Down to about 40F they run great (slightly less traction when cold and wet but not terrible). But when it drops into the 30s the grip all but disappears, traction control is invasive if you are moving slowly around corners in a car park with cold concrete floors. And car is hard to control. Maybe you can be disciplined and swap early - but you can get nights and mornings in the 30s in October around here and an occasional cold day in April too. So when I ran through the summers a couple of times I eventually swapped to all seasons and it gave a lot more confident in spring and fall. And - it means you have a backup wheel if needed for a puncture even in winter

Now on the F Pace I'm running all seasons late March to Nov or early Dec and put the winters on Dec to March. They are expensive and work best with deep tread so it means I get more years out of them too

High performance all seasons like the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 are very good these days.

Just my 2c!

Old 03-07-2024, 06:48 PM

Fair point on carbon trim. Plus - it turns out I do have it! (I ended up buying off the lot as order was too long).

On summer tires I'd be careful on that. They do perform better on the performance edge, but I don't know you will notice it unless you are really pushing it. I had dedicated summer tires and separate winter tires on my V8 XF in the Boston area for many years. Down to about 40F they run great (slightly less traction when cold and wet but not terrible). But when it drops into the 30s the grip all but disappears, traction control is invasive if you are moving slowly around corners in a car park with cold concrete floors. And car is hard to control. Maybe you can be disciplined and swap early - but you can get nights and mornings in the 30s in October around here and an occasional cold day in April too. So when I ran through the summers a couple of times I eventually swapped to all seasons and it gave a lot more confident in spring and fall. And - it means you have a backup wheel if needed for a puncture even in winter

Now on the F Pace I'm running all seasons late March to Nov or early Dec and put the winters on Dec to March. They are expensive and work best with deep tread so it means I get more years out of them too

High performance all seasons like the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 are very good these days.

Just my 2c!
Ha!

Hmm.. You might have convinced me to have them change it to all seasons. You're speaking from experience and our weather here isn't so clear cut a lot of the times so better to play it safe! I've never had summer tires so I didn't consider the effects temperature has on them. All seasons these days are really for 3 seasons anyway! Although with how mild our winters are, maybe winters won't be necessary at all in the not so distant future! Appreciate your tips and advice!

Old 03-09-2024, 06:12 PM
Veteran Member

Absolutely. Remind me - you're in Massachusetts too?
I run winters as we go up to NH to ski most weekends and often drive in rough wintry conditions. For around MA it's hardly necessary unless you have to drive in major storms. So if I were you I'd go all seasons then you can decide to add winters later if you find you need them
The AWD system is very good too

Purplecat18 (03-10-2024)
Old 03-11-2024, 03:56 PM

Absolutely. Remind me - you're in Massachusetts too?
I run winters as we go up to NH to ski most weekends and often drive in rough wintry conditions. For around MA it's hardly necessary unless you have to drive in major storms. So if I were you I'd go all seasons then you can decide to add winters later if you find you need them
The AWD system is very good too
Yes, I'm in MA too. We should all get together if/when I get mine! I agree and with how the weather has been trending here, we'll continue to get less and less snow so winter tires might be a thing of the past.

Old 03-28-2024, 04:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lug size for the F-Pace SVR vs F-Pace P400

Good day ALL,
Where can I find information about LUG size for the 2024 SVR? I am looking to purchase 20mm spacers and I was asked to confirm the lug size. From what I can find on the internet it appears that the SVR lug size is smaller than the P400. (P400 is listed as 14x1.5 & SVR is listed as 12.5x1.5). Can anyone confirm if the information I am providing is correct?
Thank you.

Purplecat18 (03-28-2024)