F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

2024 SVR opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2023, 01:55 PM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2024 SVR opinions

I am considering ordering a 2024 F pace SVR and i’m trying to decide between the all leather seats and the suede two-tone. Any opinions advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, what about the sunglasses storage? I am going from a 2017 XE to a F Pace so any advise and opinions are welcome.

Old 09-24-2023, 08:25 PM
Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

My personal choice is LEATHER all the way. Very easy to clean, just wipe it with water and done.
The reason I don't like suede is it will accumulate dirt overtime. Your worst nightmare is when someone accidentally spill soda or ketchup or mustard or something of that nature to it. One would say "From now on, I wouldn't eat a Cheese Burger inside an SVR"
I've never been inside an F-Pace SVR, so I don't have any knowldege if it has an overhead sunglass storage. I hope it does.

Last edited by 2018XF25T; 09-24-2023 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-24-2023, 08:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 444 Likes on 390 Posts

Congrats on the choice. It's an outstanding car. I've had my 2023 SVR for about 4 months and 4000 miles and am delighted with it. I came from a 2010 XF V8. Similar power and performance but a lot more stable with AWD (rather than FWD) and of course the tech and refinement is another level

I looked at the half suede option as it was in the car I test drove. I was not a fan - it seems cheap in a luxury car, I was worried how it might age (I keep my cars for a while) and it was a brown/black combo with quite an orangey appearance
I'm sure it's a matter of taste. Apparently they don't feel as hot in summer and cold in winter so some benefits. But it wasn't my taste

What other options are you considering?

Old 09-24-2023, 08:27 PM
Veteran Member

Head up display for sure.

Old 09-25-2023, 05:47 AM
Banned
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I've had a lot of problems in the past with "cracking" on my leather seats so I'm hoping this "suede" stuff holds up better. And I actually really like the Sienna Tan color. Would look great with the $8450 atacama orange paint.

Old 09-25-2023, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by BritCars
Head up display for sure.
Interesting, I chose not to have that option. I have never been in a vehicle that had it and my thought was it would be distracting to me. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Old 09-25-2023, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by 2018XF25T
My personal choice is LEATHER all the way. Very easy to clean, just wipe it with water and done.
The reason I don't like suede is it will accumulate dirt overtime. Your worst nightmare is when someone accidentally spill soda or ketchup or mustard or something of that nature to it. One would say "From now on, I wouldn't eat a Cheese Burger inside an SVR"
I've never been inside an F-Pace SVR, so I don't have any knowldege if it has an overhead sunglass storage. I hope it does.
Excellent points! Thanks for the advice.

Old 09-25-2023, 07:17 AM

Congrats on the choice. It's an outstanding car. I've had my 2023 SVR for about 4 months and 4000 miles and am delighted with it. I came from a 2010 XF V8. Similar power and performance but a lot more stable with AWD (rather than FWD) and of course the tech and refinement is another level

I looked at the half suede option as it was in the car I test drove. I was not a fan - it seems cheap in a luxury car, I was worried how it might age (I keep my cars for a while) and it was a brown/black combo with quite an orangey appearance
I'm sure it's a matter of taste. Apparently they don't feel as hot in summer and cold in winter so some benefits. But it wasn't my taste

What other options are you considering?
Oooh, some very good points to consider. I have chosen the firenze red paint with the mars red/ black interior but am not sure now about the two tone. I have not seen the mars red in person but the dealer just got one in with the black white two tone that I am going to take a look at so I might consider that as well, I just don’t want it to feel too much like a penguin interior. I am also considering the all white leather if I go the leather route. I too like to keep my cars for a long time so I am also thinking long term appeal and wear. The only reason I am going for the SVR now is because supposedly the next model year will be all electric and that will not work for me. Right now my XE is all black leather so I was leaning towards something completely different for interior. Would love to hear your opinions on what I am considering.

Old 09-25-2023, 09:54 AM
Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Crito
I've had a lot of problems in the past with "cracking" on my leather seats so I'm hoping this "suede" stuff holds up better. And I actually really like the Sienna Tan color. Would look great with the $8450 atacama orange paint.
The older Jaguars tend to crack on the leather seats and I noticed that too on older Land Rovers, Volvos, BMWs and Saab as well. The newer ones with leather seats seems to be solid and tend not to crack on models starting 2010 and beyond on all makes avd models.

Last edited by 2018XF25T; 09-25-2023 at 12:24 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 2018XF25T:
Purplecat18 (09-25-2023), RA102823 (09-25-2023)
Old 09-25-2023, 06:46 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Purplecat18
Interesting, I chose not to have that option. I have never been in a vehicle that had it and my thought was it would be distracting to me. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.
On the HUD - I got it in my wife's Land Rover about 5 years ago. A bit of a gimmick I thought, but I love it. Not distracting at all. Shows the speed you are going (never need to glance down at the dashboard console again), also shows the speed limit (super helpful if you can't remember if you're in a 65 or 55 for example). In sport it shows the gear and revs. And the F Pace flashes up the song name whenever new song starts. You can change and configure all of that. If you use the factory nav I think it can give you turn directions but I do waze on CarPlay

I find the current speed and speed limit super useful. It makes driving much easier - just look at the road ahead. The other info is a nice to have.

The following users liked this post:
Purplecat18 (09-25-2023)
Old 09-25-2023, 06:53 PM
Veteran Member

On leather I had a 2010 XF which I traded a few months ago for the F Pace. Light 'oyster' leather package and still looked new after 13 years. I never ate food in it and was careful but it had me and kids in it frequently. I wiped it off when dirty but didn't do much in the way of conditioning or formal 'care'. Seemed very resilient

For the F Pace I wanted black exterior and the all white leather interior. But none in stock anywhere at the time and jag wasn't taking new orders so I jumped on a black and black. The black all leather inside is nice - but I think the all white leather is a sharper look

I have the all red extended leather in my F Type. It's bold but I love the color. Think your choice of red and black would be a good one as it's prob a bit more muted. Or the black/white

My main observation - when you're driving the car you don't really see the seat color anyway. So it's really preference around what 'does it's for you.

The following users liked this post:
Purplecat18 (09-25-2023)
Old 09-25-2023, 08:58 PM

On the HUD - I got it in my wife's Land Rover about 5 years ago. A bit of a gimmick I thought, but I love it. Not distracting at all. Shows the speed you are going (never need to glance down at the dashboard console again), also shows the speed limit (super helpful if you can't remember if you're in a 65 or 55 for example). In sport it shows the gear and revs. And the F Pace flashes up the song name whenever new song starts. You can change and configure all of that. If you use the factory nav I think it can give you turn directions but I do waze on CarPlay

I find the current speed and speed limit super useful. It makes driving much easier - just look at the road ahead. The other info is a nice to have.
Thank you BritCars for all of your advice and sharing your experiences. I really appreciate hearing the opinions of someone who is actually owned one rather than listening to what my dealer has to say. I greatly appreciate your input on the leather options too, you have given me a lot to consider. We went to the dealer today to see a SVR they got in stock over the weekend with the black and white interior, it was beautiful but I was concerned about the white getting dirty over time, especially the headrest part. We did see a different model with all white leather interior and it was stunning. So now I think I am leaning more towards the black and red but my husband is leaning towards all white, good thing I have until November to make a final decision. Thanks for your advice!