F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

2025 SVR Order Confirmed..Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 04:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2025 SVR Order Confirmed..Questions

Really excited to find out this morning that my factory order for a 2025 “575” SVR was accepted. I was a little nervous for a few days, until I read an article yesterday from JLR. Turns out that after all the ”100% EV by 2025” rhetoric, the company throttled back just days ago and is now saying it has no set date for ending production of the ICE F-Pace (and the F-Pace only) and in fact committed to produce it well into 2025.

Still, when you order with no confirmation ya never know!

So, now that I have the car on the way, and I’ve never owned a JLR yet, I have a couple of questions…

• has anyone ever attempted to customize a factory order based on all of the specific build codes, not just the retail “packages” and options show on the website? In other words, if I want a black center armrest in my red interior…that sort of stuff…
  • what should I know about this process?
  • can customers track the production?
Thanks in advance, looking forward to joining the “club”!

The following 2 users liked this post by NJ575SVR:
Purplecat18 (04-28-2024), TC1668 (05-10-2024)
Old 04-28-2024, 01:03 PM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to the Jaguar family and congratulations on your new build! I factory ordered my 2024 SVR September 23 and took delivery on February 1 of 24, it was such an exciting process. As far as tracking the actual build you kind of can. You won't get the actual date that it is being built, but it will be around your anticipated bill date, I believe mine was built a day or two before the anticipated date. My suggestion is to just keep updated from your dealer, as the day gets closer just ask if they have any updates and then be sure to ask what ship your SVR is being transported on, that is the fun part. Once you know the name of the transport ship, you can go on one of the vessel tracker websites and follow the route. When I was ordering mine, I did not do any other special customization besides, what was offered so I cannot answer any of those questions. I did notice that you were doing the suede and leather, that was going to be my first selection, but then after looking at the suede I decided to go for the upgraded all leather seats and I am so happy I did. After I ordered the SVR I kept thinking about the suede and wondering what would happen if someone were to sweat in those seats or would seeing the different leg, butt or back prints left on the suite part of the seat would drive me crazy. The roof lining is suede and while I do like that I have already noticed some lint and somehow cat fur from my white indoor cat has gotten onto the ceiling. Just something to consider, especially if you have pets. I had no problem making changes after the initial order was placed as long as it is before the date that you can make changes ..
Looking forward to hearing about the progress and seeing the pictures of your new SVR!

The following users liked this post:
NJ575SVR (04-28-2024)
Old 04-28-2024, 04:35 PM

Thank you PurpleCat19! I can’t deny being on the fence with the Alcantara vs. leather seating, but what pushed me over the suede side was the color combination. I’ve primarily gone with black or dark grey interiors but wanted to try something different after seeing the mars red interior in person. I just love the contrast with the black inserts, and that’s not available as an option. That, believe it or not, is one of the reasons I’m asking about customizations beyond the packages/ones online. I’d love to have the more luxurious look of the quilted seat backs that you have, and it would maybe break up the red for the 2nd row passengers, so I’ll be asking my dealer to connect me with someone to see whats possible.
Anyway, thank you very much for your insight and I will surely be back with more and will also track that ship!

Old 05-02-2024, 07:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

Yes - looks great. Congrats! I agree on leather seats. I looked at a suede one in the dealer and didn't like the look on such a luxury car. But others do like it so try and see one in person

I saw you got the WiFi data pack. Mine came with that as I bought it off the lot. I just got an email today saying it expires next month - that's just one year. For $500. Seems like a waste as you can do the same thing with your phone and personal hotspot....

Head up display is great! Not sure I would get the park assist again - nice gimmick but I've never really used it.

Roof rails? Are they an option or standard? Usually pretty cheap and on some models are hard to add afterwards

Good luck and let us know when it comes in!

Old 05-04-2024, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by BritCars
Yes - looks great. Congrats! I agree on leather seats. I looked at a suede one in the dealer and didn't like the look on such a luxury car. But others do like it so try and see one in person

I saw you got the WiFi data pack. Mine came with that as I bought it off the lot. I just got an email today saying it expires next month - that's just one year. For $500. Seems like a waste as you can do the same thing with your phone and personal hotspot....

Head up display is great! Not sure I would get the park assist again - nice gimmick but I've never really used it.

Roof rails? Are they an option or standard? Usually pretty cheap and on some models are hard to add afterwards

Good luck and let us know when it comes in!

Thank you for the feedback! I have certainly been on the fence regarding the suede vs. leather seating, but it’s the color combo and look that I sorta fell for, so I wanted to try it…wish me luck!

On the WiFi pack - I’ll look into that and if that’s all it is, and it’s up after 1 year, you’re 100% right and I’ll delete that ASAP.

I purposely didn’t want the roof rails. I know I’ll never use them and I like the sleeker / smoother look of the roofline without them. But thanks for pointing it out.

I currently own a 2019 Audi RS5 Sportback that’s really, really been an amazing vehicle. But I tend to go back and forth every couple of years between a sports sedan and an SUV, so this is my pick. I’ve wanted one for a good 2-3 years and can’t wait for it to come in, Aug/Sept can’t come soon enough.

The following users liked this post:
bobjagbob (05-05-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 10:09 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Wi-Fi and Park Assist are bundled into the Driver Intelligence Pack (along with the Heads Up Display) at $1,550 now so you can't really cherry pick unfortunately.