F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Climate Seat not working correctly RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 01:43 PM
Received 126 Likes on 116 Posts
Default Climate Seat not working correctly RESOLVED

I need a diagram, video, or explanation of how to disassemble the "sport" seats to make sure parts are connected correctly.

I have a 19 SVR and my servicing dealers too far away for a trip in. I am suspecting a duct is either disconnected or split as I can hear the fan running and pulling air in, just nothing coming out of the seat back (bottom is working good).

Anybody have a link to a diagram or how-to video?

Old 09-01-2021, 04:28 PM
Received 173 Likes on 147 Posts

Maybe this would help and give you some ideas. It is from a Landy forum.
https://www.rangerovers.net/threads/...-seats.342931/

Old 09-02-2021, 07:22 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 09-03-2021, 01:28 AM
Received 274 Likes on 191 Posts

There's a guy on the F Pace SVR Facebook page that had this problem and it was indeed a duct not connected properly. He had the dealer fix it, but understand your situation. Sorry I don't have a diagram.

Old 09-03-2021, 02:02 PM
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

The cooling function of the climate controlled seats is pretty weak (compared with past cars). I notice it on the seat bottoms, but can't tell it's working on the seat backs. Is it the design of the seats? I haven't checked the ducting yet, but seems like the thin seat back design doesn't allow much clearance for flow.

Do the seat backs blow a lot of cool air for the rest of you? Or are they also weaker than the seat bottoms like mine?

Old 09-04-2021, 10:29 AM

I honestly cannot comment on how well the seat backs work since I don't think mine has ever worked.

I little background on my SVR:

I bought it the weekend before Thanksgiving in 2019 (that is late November for you "old world" folks). It was used. I bought it from South Atlanta Jag/LR as a CPO. The story I was told from the salesforce: The cars previous owner was the owner of the dealership. They bought it new in early May of 2019 and I bought it with just over 13,000 miles (I know right? I lot of miles in 6 months). I received a 7yr/100K CPO warranty that runs concurrently with the normal 5yr/60K factory warranty. So, factory coverage (bumper to bumper) 5/24 or 60,000 and CPO (drivetrain plus a few others) 5/26 or 100,000. The SVR now has just under 33,000 miles. Most of my miles came on an epic 5000 mile/10 day trip out to the National Parks in the summer of 2020 (COVID vacation).

Now, back to my driver seat (I guess I should ride in passenger side for a while and see if it is same). The fan for the back is running. Yes, these seats have two fan units. One for bottom and one for back. There is an air intake just under the netting in the seatback. It is pulling in air. I can hear the fan running but cannot determine where the air is exiting. I swear I can feel a hot air current against my right arm (resting on the center arm rest) on hot days when seat cooling is on.

My 2013 XF seats had a back cover that slid up and came off exposing the cooling unit so you could service the fan filter. I would assume that they use very similar cooling units between car/seat models and the SVR cover should come off to service the filter, but considering how much you have to do to replace the cabin filter, the seat may have to come out to disassemble.

I am very competent with tools, 40 years of rebuilding US/Asian cars (I don't do body work). I just would like a diagram or step-by-step instructions on the proper way of doing this job so the airbag system or flimsy plastic clips don't get broken with me just going at it blind.

For those of you that will say "take it in under warranty", I would love to. But, and it is a big BUT, they are 100 miles away. They tell me this could take several weeks to months if they can get parts when they figure out exactly what is wrong. They claim it may take several small part replacements (order one part, try it, order another try it, etc.) as the manufacture does not just allow a complete part swap. They are willing to put me in a courtesy car but currently they have 2 cars, a Honda CRV or Civic. All the Jag/LR SUVs in the normal fleet have been sold because they can't get new cars to sell.

I really do not want to be stuck in a Honda for a few months for an issue that does not effect the drivability of my F-Pace SVR.

Ugg.

Old 09-06-2021, 01:39 AM
Received 274 Likes on 191 Posts

That sucks bro. I haven't been up to Davenport in many many years, but wouldn't expect a Jag dealer nearby. In my SVR, I think they work great. When you lean forward in the seat you can hear a definite wooshing sound from the seat fans and feel the breeze. I'd say yours is not normal.

Old 01-03-2022, 01:58 AM

Should have posted back a few months ago, but finally got the seat fixed. Was able to prove the fault with a laser temp "gun" on a hot day. 25 degree difference between the seat bottom and seat back.

The dealer ordered a new peltier unit for the seat back and some sort of foam insert/duct as the only way to access the unit is to remove the seat cover and peel away the foam. Replace the fan/heat/cooling unit and rebuild the seat and re-fit the cover. All without damaging the leather seat cover.

Took about 6 hours. Spent the time working remotely from the sales managers office. LOL

The following users liked this post:
StuG (01-03-2022)
Old 01-03-2022, 04:02 PM
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks for sharing the final result. Which model laser temp gun did you use?