F-Pace (X761) / C-X17 2016 - Onwards

Driving Logs

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2021, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving Logs

Hello all,

I am close to purchasing a new 2021 F Pace.

I will be using this car for both private and business journeys.

My current car (Volvo XC60) has an app (Volvo On Call) that allows me to see my historical journeys, classify them as either business or private and export to email.

This makes it extremely easy to claim business mileage at the end of each month.

Do Jaguar have a similar application?

If so how exactly does it function?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Stuart

Old 06-02-2021, 11:33 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I just got my f-pace SVR, Jag remote control app has the drivers logs. BUT a better option that can be exported to an excel spreadsheet that my CPA uses, is an app called " MileCatcher " 1 word , $48/yr for the pro edition but it's a ta write off and works really well .

Old 06-02-2021, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cwazyeurodrivr
I just got my f-pace SVR, Jag remote control app has the drivers logs. BUT a better option that can be exported to an excel spreadsheet that my CPA uses, is an app called " MileCatcher " 1 word , $48/yr for the pro edition but it's a ta write off and works really well .
Thanks, not really keen on third party apps though, better in my opinion to get the mileage from the car itself rather than depending on a phone or watch.

As long as the logs are exportable from the Jaguar app then I'd prefer to use it.

Can you classify as business or private, or would that have to be done manually after exporting the logs?

Thanks again for the feedback!

Old 06-02-2021, 04:15 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Ive been using mile catcher for over 3 years , it's 99.7% spot on , nothing to worry about and if you do have questions the CEO of the company responds within 24hrs or sooner. My CPA loves that in the app I can swipe left for personal , or right for business and add who/what/why the trip was for business. , and you can add tolls, parking , and get a milage IRS calculation of how much each trip is. it's a signed app so there is no issues about 3rd party apps. unless you are on god awful android OS, then you grab your ankles you security is out the window anyhow.

Old 06-02-2021, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Cwazyeurodrivr
Ive been using mile catcher for over 3 years , it's 99.7% spot on , nothing to worry about and if you do have questions the CEO of the company responds within 24hrs or sooner. My CPA loves that in the app I can swipe left for personal , or right for business and add who/what/why the trip was for business. , and you can add tolls, parking , and get a milage IRS calculation of how much each trip is. it's a signed app so there is no issues about 3rd party apps. unless you are on god awful android OS, then you grab your ankles you security is out the window anyhow.
Thanks again,

I'm not concerned about the security of the app.

I'm concerned about the potential requirement for my input in the process.

As I mentioned previously I use the "Volvo On Call" app at the moment, I have nothing to do except classify the journeys as business or personal.

If I leave my phone in the house while I go to the shops, it doesn't matter the car records the journey.
If I drive my wife's car, it doesn't matter the journey won't be recorded.

It's literally a 10 minute exercise at the end of each month.

It sounds to me like the Jaguar app would allow me to export all the journeys, however I'd need to manually examine these journeys and sort into business and personal at the end of the month?

That's all I need to know really.

Thanks,

Stuart

Old 06-03-2021, 01:08 AM
Received 273 Likes on 190 Posts

It exports it to a spreadsheet file. But you'd have to add a column for business or personal and manually enter it.